2011 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only person that likes the bottom tier the most?

No I'm with you there Gaz... used to enjoy the 2nd or even 4th level, but these days it's Tier 1 all the way. Atmosphere is better both in terms of crowd and proximity to the action.

Bottom level FTW. Can't beat the atmosphere. Who cares if you can't see every detail when the ball is on the other side of the ground? And of course there's the high fives from the players at the end if we win :)

True in the later part of the year we did exactly that and i went to nearly every game that i could in the last half of the season. But at the start it was the same old crap that frustrates me and many others as a melbourne supporter. Chipping to a bloke 15 metres away that has 2-3 opposition players around him or handballing to a bloke under the pump is hardly exciting or risk taking football.

We need to play like the last half of the year and we will be set for finals football in 2011. And i will be happy to get onboard.

Sign up every year at Christmas. Hard to get to games, as I live so far away from Melbourne and or other venues. Will be my 4th consecutive year of membership :thumbsu: gonna do it every year :D

What I do is with the stickers, started in 2008. I put them on the back of my double bass so it kind of looks this

Melbourne Football Club

etc etc.

Gonna do it every year I become a member :D plan on having a massive trail of stickers on it in years to come.

Pointless for saying it but I'm at work so lol

Does anyone know or have an idea of when we may be announcing our next captain?
Not sure if anything has come up yet either? Looking at the obvious candidates from your list i'd immediately put a few names up.
Definites
- Brad Green (29)
- Aaron Davey (27)
Maybes
- Jared Rivers (26)

Bruce would be too old and potential leaders in Grimes and Morton too young for the position.
Not sure who else was in the leadership group but I wouldn't have thought Moloney or Sylvia would get the gig.
I'd love to see Aaron get the job and hold onto the captaincy for a good 4-5 years having heard him speak about his desire to lead the MFC before, absolutely bleeds red and blue :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sign up every year at Christmas. Hard to get to games, as I live so far away from Melbourne and or other venues. Will be my 4th consecutive year of membership :thumbsu: gonna do it every year :D

What I do is with the stickers, started in 2008. I put them on the back of my double bass so it kind of looks this

Melbourne Football Club

etc etc.

Gonna do it every year I become a member :D plan on having a massive trail of stickers on it in years to come.

Pointless for saying it but I'm at work so lol

Beer fridge in the bungalow out back ftw. First sticker was 1999. :thumbsu:

Not sure if anything has come up yet either? Looking at the obvious candidates from your list i'd immediately put a few names up.
Definites
- Brad Green (29)
- Aaron Davey (27)
Maybes
- Jared Rivers (26)

Bruce would be too old and potential leaders in Grimes and Morton too young for the position.
Not sure who else was in the leadership group but I wouldn't have thought Moloney or Sylvia would get the gig.
I'd love to see Aaron get the job and hold onto the captaincy for a good 4-5 years having heard him speak about his desire to lead the MFC before, absolutely bleeds red and blue :thumbsu:

Not taking anything away from any of the other boys, I agree that Davey would is a very good leader, and has shown it with the indigenous boys we have at the club.

But either would be great.

My top picks would be:
Green & Davey.
Outsiders or futures:
Jones, Sylvia or Moloney.

Nothing wrong with having youth in the position of being captain either. Some of the greats when they took on a captaincy. Carey is one that comes to mind.

The only bad thing about Grimes and Morton is that they need to be on the park a bit more.

I reckon giving Morton the captaincy would do wonders for his playing.

Obviously he still has to earn it, but one to look out for.

Morton wil never be captain, he doesn't have leadership ability imo. Moloney or Green will be the next captain, Green the frontrunner

4393tomato_sauce.jpg

Updated today, getting close to 10k. last year we reached 10k on the 21/10 so just a little behind 2009, close to the same though.

Out of curiousity. Who are members on here and what packages do you have??

I joined for the first time last year (former Fitzroy supporter finally getting back into footy and looking for a club - thought Melbourne looked like they needed the support and I don't want to see another club go through what we did) and got the 3-game membership even though, at that stage (October 15-16th) I don't believe it had been advertised as an option. All credit to the membership department who were unfailingly helpful.

Haven't renewed my membership yet but will be doing so at the start of December. Not sure what membership option I'll be going for in 2011; the 3-game option or something a bit more elaborate. Depends on a scholarship application. If that's approved and given that I'd like a reserved seat and the ability to purchase guest passes it'll come down to either 'Redlegs' or 'Trident'.

Another family member will also be joining for the first time in 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back