2011 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

6059380897_ee66d7611c.jpg

I didn't see the team and GF, was that straight after? Before it was confirmed?

Just shattered, RIP.

Hope the other 2 cope ok.

Yeah, was about 30 seconds after it had happened. They cut to his pit box and she had her hands over hour mouth and was crying.

Fans not happy, but I agree 100% with the decision.

Bloody disgraceful reaction from the fans and the riders and pit crews looked disgusted at it.Okay they weren't told exactly why it was cancelled when they could've,but how bloody hard would it have been to work out why it was cancelled ?

R.I.P Marco

What a s**t of a week for motorsport :(

Yeah, was about 30 seconds after it had happened. They cut to his pit box and she had her hands over hour mouth and was crying.
No helmet on and face down on the track, it was obviously not going to be good news. The Dorna president kept motioning to the back of his head when talking to the riders. So sad. Was a great talent. Vale MS

Thanks guys, hope I don't see it.

Even though Edwards and Rossi had no chance of getting out of the way, i can't imagine what they are feeling right now. Just absolutley horrible. When the information came accross the screen my heart sank :(

That was horrible to watch. I didnt see it live, but saw a facebook post and rushed to the PC... Have it programmed into my foxtel to watch tonight... dont know if i want to now :(:(

RIP Marco!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 people my age, one of whom I knew and the other many friends knew died last week. Now 2 motor racing deaths in the space of a week. There is just far too many young people dying at the moment. :(

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rossi and/or Edwards retire after that. That will be burned in their brains forever. I saw the crash and thought the worst but hoped for the best. The force involved to tear the helmet from his head would've been enormous. Absolutely gutted. As Spies said, all the on track stuff becomes trivial after that.

thanks for the entertainment Marco....loved watching you ride.....just devastated right now....... thoughts with your family, friends and the racing community.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Rossi, he was good friends with Marco wasnt he? That would be absolutely gut wrenching to take.

The incident does look a bit weird, almost seems as if Marco had passed out beforehand? He just seems a bit slumped and pulls hard to the right?

Either way i hope it was quick and he didn't suffer :( Horrible crash

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Rossi, he was good friends with Marco wasnt he? That would be absolutely gut wrenching to take.

The incident does look a bit weird, almost seems as if Marco had passed out beforehand? He just seems a bit slumped and pulls hard to the right?

Either way i hope it was quick and he didn't suffer :( Horrible injury

I'm only going by what a friend told me on FB so I'll quote her.

'He was going around the corner and lost the front end, then it gripped up against and dragged him across the track instead of sliding off the track.'

They may show the onboard of how it started, but they will never show the aftermath of that.

I'm only going by what a friend told me on FB so I'll quote her.

'He was going around the corner and lost the front end, then it gripped up against and dragged him across the track instead of sliding off the track.'

They may show the onboard of how it started, but they will never show the aftermath of that.

That's exactly what happened.

Either way i hope it was quick and he didn't suffer :( Horrible crash

Yeah he looked out before the collision and really hope he didnt suffer aswell. Wish i didn't see the chopper footage of him lying on the track. Absolutley horrible. Moto GP wont be the same without him.

Yeah he looked out before the collision and really hope he didnt suffer aswell. Wish i didn't see the chopper footage of him lying on the track. Absolutley horrible. Moto GP wont be the same without him.
The footage of him lying on the track immediately took me back to Ayrton Senna's crash, when the pulled him out and laid him on the ground, it was just a stunning moment in history. I was in tears that night when I heard the news, and was close to tears tonight.

Edwards has a dislocated shoulder by the way, so he won't be racing the last round, if it goes ahead that is after this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back