Review 2011 National Draft - Pick 15 Brandon Ellis

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if posted. Nice article. Looks like we got ourselves a incredible individual. Can't wait for 2012

http://m.afl.com.au/news.htm?action=handleNewsArticleById&id=126625&listRetrievedBy=TEAM&listId=42

Yeah just read that! Just a quality individual, who's had to work bloody hard to get where he is, in all facets of his life.

Club culture is something we've been lacking over the years and things are getting better, but you can just see this kid inspiring a few of our blokes with prima donna tendencies to sort themselves out.

Can see him fitting in with Cotch, Axel, Dusty, Conca and JR beautifully. :thumbsu:

Great video. This kid is gonna be a gem. It's great that we took him from Freo too! haha. Sucked in Lyon!

Really pleased that we look in to the interview process more than other clubs. Great character from the bloke (feels funny saying that as I'm only 22).

And that boot on him! 70m drop punts!

since about 10 yrs ago.

10 years ago the brownlow medalist was the 177cm Aker and the MVP was the 181cm McLeod.

Since then Cousins and Ablett have both won Brownlows and MVP's.

Chapman, Pickett and Hart have won Norm Smiths.

As well as Ablett, Cousins, McLeod and Akermanis the following players have been named AA:

Scott West, Jason Johnson, Shane Crawford, Paul Williams, Paul Haselby, Robert Harvey, Peter Bell, Brad Johnson, Brent Harvey, Kane Cornes, Luke Ball, James MacDonald, Shannon Grant, Daniel Kerr, Campbell Brown, Paul Medhurst, Lindsay Gilbee, Nathan Brown, Glenn Archer, Chris Johnson, Brent Montgomery, Gavin Wanganeen, Phil Matera, Aussie Jones, Matthew Lappin, Chad Fletcher, Luke Power, David Wirrpanda, Leon Davis, Joel Selwood, Leigh Montagna, Mark LeCras, Paul Chapman, Sam Mitchell, James Kelly, Marc Murphy, Stephen Milne.

All of these guys are 183cm or below.

This years AA team had 6 "short people".

What a great kid!

Good on you FJ for an inspired character choice. I really wanted Kav at 15 but now that I have heard the boy speak I am confident we have picked a quality individual who will help lead us out of the darkness that has club has found itself over the last 30 years.

Hardwick obviously knows what qualities a team needs to win a flag and he is slowly instilling those into the tiges!

The future is looking good guys......:thumbsu:

Great video. This kid is gonna be a gem. It's great that we took him from Freo too! haha. Sucked in Lyon!

Really pleased that we look in to the interview process more than other clubs. Great character from the bloke (feels funny saying that as I'm only 22).

And that boot on him! 70m drop punts!

If freo were really after him early I'll take this as a massive plus, rate Brad Lloyd as a recruiter.

What a great kid!

Good on you FJ for an inspired character choice. I really wanted Kav at 15 but now that I have heard the boy speak I am confident we have picked a quality individual who will help lead us out of the darkness that has club has found itself over the last 30 years.

Hardwick obviously knows what qualities a team needs to win a flag and he is slowly instilling those into the tiges!

The future is looking good guys......:thumbsu:
Completely agree

If freo were really after him early I'll take this as a massive plus, rate Brad Lloyd as a recruiter.

Well if you watch the video, he says that they were taking him with the pick after us.

...and they didn't take kavanagh either!

Don't care what the rumours are, if Ross Lyon thought this kid was as good an option as some think, then he would have backed himself to turn him around about moving west.

The more I hear about ellis and kav, the more I'm certain we made the right choice :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saying how glad he was that we picked him up before Freo made me smile. Shows he has a good head on those shoulders :thumbsu::):D

Spoke with a good friend of mine at the Eminem concert tonight, she went to a Year 12 formal a few weeks ago, and a special girl brought Ellis as her date. This was the night before the AFL draft, he told her that he was fully expecting to go to Fremantle. He was a lock for pick 16, they called him.

She said, that he was hoping Richmond nabbed him at 15, he gets to stay home and play for one of the most historic AFL clubs in the country *okay added that last part in lol*

Good guy, asked her if his arm is bigger than mine, then I flexed, sadly the answer was no, but then again I'm a tank *and 21* whilst he is 18.

Spoke with a good friend of mine at the Eminem concert tonight, she went to a Year 12 formal a few weeks ago, and a special girl brought Ellis as her date. This was the night before the AFL draft, he told her that he was fully expecting to go to Fremantle. He was a lock for pick 16, they called him.

She said, that he was hoping Richmond nabbed him at 15, he gets to stay home and play for one of the most historic AFL clubs in the country *okay added that last part in lol*

Good guy, asked her if his arm is bigger than mine, then I flexed, sadly the answer was no, but then again I'm a tank *and 21* whilst he is 18.

Maybe you should start using your other hand to even it out a bit. :p

article-1220536-06D3F2F0000005DC-274_468x338.jpg

(Please don't hurt me)

Well if you watch the video, he says that they were taking him with the pick after us.

Yes I did watch the video, but I’m sure there are plenty of kids out that have been told the same but didn’t get picked by the promised clubs over the years.

What happens if someone they rated more fell into their laps too?

To many variables to make promises.

For what it's worth, I played against him for 4 years straight in juniors up until he went to calder. He was an absolute gun midfielder/forward. One of those tough kids that was a freak back in the day. He should be able to hold his own in contested ball & be an outside mid when not in the backline. Definetely feel he will be playing in the middle for parts of next season.

As we've all pointed out, has an outstanding attitude too.

Should be a great addition to our side

10 years ago the brownlow medalist was the 177cm Aker and the MVP was the 181cm McLeod.

Since then Cousins and Ablett have both won Brownlows and MVP's.

Chapman, Pickett and Hart have won Norm Smiths.

As well as Ablett, Cousins, McLeod and Akermanis the following players have been named AA:

Scott West, Jason Johnson, Shane Crawford, Paul Williams, Paul Haselby, Robert Harvey, Peter Bell, Brad Johnson, Brent Harvey, Kane Cornes, Luke Ball, James MacDonald, Shannon Grant, Daniel Kerr, Campbell Brown, Paul Medhurst, Lindsay Gilbee, Nathan Brown, Glenn Archer, Chris Johnson, Brent Montgomery, Gavin Wanganeen, Phil Matera, Aussie Jones, Matthew Lappin, Chad Fletcher, Luke Power, David Wirrpanda, Leon Davis, Joel Selwood, Leigh Montagna, Mark LeCras, Paul Chapman, Sam Mitchell, James Kelly, Marc Murphy, Stephen Milne.

All of these guys are 183cm or below.

This years AA team had 6 "short people".

and your point is oh i see there are decent smaller players going around.
didnt realise i said there wasnt.
so that would mean the above list is mainly a list of good smalls. they would nearly all still be smalls depending on how you measure their height.i thought that was what we were discussing silly me.

and your point is oh i see there are decent smaller players going around.
didnt realise i said there wasnt.
so that would mean the above list is mainly a list of good smalls. they would nearly all still be smalls depending on how you measure their height.i thought that was what we were discussing silly me.

In English please.

Gents stick to topic , it's proposed that this thread will at some time be moved to the sanctuary .
Whether the club required more smaller types , or the club would have been better of drafting taller players has been played out it other threads , which your welcome to use and continue the merry go round .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back