Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Sunday 22 January 2012, 3 PM EST
TV- CBS

NEW EENGLAND PATRIOTS (AFC East champions, 13-3)

Versus
BALTIMORE RAVENS (AFC North champions, 12-4)

At Gillette Stadium in Foxboro

Last five meetings

17 October 2010 Pats 23-20 (at NE)
10 January 2010 Ravens 33-14 (at NE, Wild Card game)
4 October 2009 Pats 27-21 (at NE)
3 December 2007 Pats 27-24 (at Balt.)
28 November 2004 Pats 24-3 (at NE)

Point line (my guess, 20 minutes after BAL-HOU game ended) New England by 4

Early weather forecast for Foxboro next Sunday, partly cloudy. Low 34. High 43. No chance of rain, though there may be showers on Saturday.

Preview- Should be a cracking game, with Brady and his passing attack going up against the might of the Ravens defence. Will they get pressure on Brady, or will he find open targets with his wide outs? Who gets the onerous task of shadowing the Gronk? Will Ed Redd get yet another pick in a playoff game?

On the other side of the ball, will the Ravens mount a ground attack against the Patriots, and will Flacco be consistent enough to keep the ball moving down the field and scpore the points needed?

A low scoring game will favour the ravens- the more points on the board, the better chance for the Pats. Home field edge might just be enough for them. We’ll see.

Pats and Ravens barrackers- feel free to embellish the preview.

Re: 2012 AFC Championship Game: New England v Baltimore

News on Ed Reeds injury?

Just some soreness, X-rays didn't show anything serious. Was great to see him out his body on the line for the team.

I really want the Ravens to win, and I think we can do it, but NE is a formidable opponent. Gonna be a ripper of a game regardless.

That play sums Ed up, gives it all.

Will be a tough game, can't go sackless again....Brady needs a lack of space.

I just really wanna see someone clean Brady up, can't stand him. Don't know why. He's a great QB and all, great hands, but....

Also hope Ed Reed is in top shape by next week, that late interception saved it for us.

The return of Chung and Spikes has been huge for our D. Sure it was only Denver but you can see the D is playing better and with more confidence. If we can force a couple of turn overs I think that will be enough to tip the game in our balance. Get out to a lead early is the key and force the Ravens to go to the air. Try and get Rice out of the game.

I wouldn't read too much in to the 2009 playoff game in Foxboro. It's a totally different team, especially with Gronk and Hernandez. Our run D is considerbly better I feel. I'm confident we can come out on top but it's going to be one hell of a battle.

I want Ravens to win, I think Patriots will win.

I want the Patriots to win, and I think the Patriots will win.

:p

Baltimores defense would want to get more pressure on brady then they did on Yates.

although they probably could afford to reduce pressure and player better coverage to make him force throws and get picks..if that was their plan it worked.

Suggs and Brady have a fierce rivalry on the field...looking forward to that match up.

I expect there will be more pressure on Brady on Yates simply because the Texans OL is arguably the best in the league - Brown was the 2nd best performed LT this season and Winston was probably the best (he is in pretty much every All-Pro team that distinguished LT from RT), plus a Top 5 G and C.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News on Ed Reeds injury?

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
Ravens reported only one new injury, the sprained left ankle for safety Ed Reed. Team announces no further testing currently scheduled

Also, Ed has said himself that he is okay

Suggs and Brady have a fierce rivalry on the field...looking forward to that match up.

Looking forward to more of this

k18cc1.jpg

:D

(Yes I'm aware that its Ngata's sack, but its Brady chucking a tanty that I'm looking forward to)

Suggs was coming as well. More of Ngata and Suggs getting through the Pats O line would be very nice.

Really looking forward to this game, l simply don't think the Ravens can keep up with us for 60 minutes. As Rory said earlier in the thread the return of Spikes and Chung has been massive for us. Our D has significantly improved over the last 4 weeks. If we can produce half as many negative plays as yesterday we are a huge chance.

Us Patriot fans couldn't give a stuff about a Harbaugh Bowl, that would be about as exciting as a Brad v Chris Scott Grand Final.

For what it's worth my pick is Pats 27 Ravens 17. (At least l hope:))

I got a question for the Ravens fans.

If the game ends up being a shootout, do you think Flacco can win the game for you?

I believe he can play a similar game to Alex Smith against the Saints but everything will have to be going right for him.

He played extremely well against the Steelers at Hienz field with his final drive 90+ yards winning us the game. He's got it in him, we just need him to turn up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back