Oppo Camp 2011 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

I have never seen Malthouse like that in 20 years.
He just played his grand final.
The winner of the game tomorrow will win by 10 goals next week.

Yep, I think they are shot.

Hawthorn had that in the bag, were the better team. Very very unlucky.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch boys. We still have to win tomorrow and it's no sure thing.

Reminds me of the 2007 prelims. Cats scraping in and Port waltzing through. We all know how that panned out.

Cmon you moggies!

totally different scenario......Collingwood are not Geelong of 2007 or even 2011 and Collingwood are taking in players who are unfit and injured such as Jolly, Reid, Maxwell. Geelong have showed all year long that unfit players will not be playing no matter the scenario or sentimental value. We also led all game in that preliminary final but pulled up late whereas Collingwood were extremely fortunate to get over the line. They also have a few players such as Didak, Krakouer, Wellingham, Beams even Davis who seem to go missing when it really gets physical and tough. Geelong have none of these type of players and I really feel we may unfortunately go into the Grand final as favouriters (yep we will beat West Coast a little more easily than what tonight's match was).

I'm glad that Dawes and Cloke played their best games for a few weeks as they will not do the same on a pair of All-Australian defenders in Enright, Scarlett and Taylor.

Maxwell a suspected broken rib:eek: don't bash me for saying this but.........................you can bet either Mooney or Pods will make sure that knee really tests out those ribs next week.

You really need to add an emoticon to that sentence, because I'm struggling to understand how you could possibly believe what you wrote.

:cool: or ;)?

Jolly - abductor (talk he wont play)
Ried - abductor
maxwell - cracked rib
dawes - not fit
Thomas - not fit
Shaw - Not fit
Davis _ fails in grand finals :)

If that list was Geelongs we'd be shitting ourselves

lol that goal by Franklin was epic! Amazing and a shame it wasn't the winner in the end.

Great to see the usual suspects for Collingwood again fail on the big stage:D it took errors by Hawthorn (eg. Bateman, up by 4 and ball on their forward flank) for Collingwood to get the ball back and bomb it long. Haven't heard a single mention of that very fact....Hawthorn errors with little or no pressure it was what won the game for Collingwood.

Bateman was terrible in the last, and Shoeclangers lived up to his name,

I've never liked Lewis up till tonight,but he's their Max Rooke,fearless.

What is your problem?

No prob Coupie. Just that one of your pastimes here is to jump all over other posters when they are wide-of-the-mark with their predictions. You even seem to derive some odd pleasure from picking-up minor expression errors and offering personal assessments. If you hand it out don't squeal when you cop some return fire at times when you are wide-of-the-mark with your crystal ball gazing. As you so often are.

Ried - abductor
maxwell - cracked rib
dawes - not fit
Thomas - not fit
Shaw - Not fit

Jolly and Reid in gaol? That would be handy!

Ried - abductor
maxwell - cracked rib
dawes - not fit
Thomas - not fit
Shaw - Not fit

Who did they kidnap - Felicity Kennett? :p

No prob Coupie. Just that one of your pastimes here is to jump all over other posters when they are wide-of-the-mark with their predictions. You even seem to derive some odd pleasure from picking-up minor expression errors and offering personal assessments. If you hand it out don't squeal when you cop some return fire at times when you are wide-of-the-mark with your crystal ball gazing. As you so often are.

yep and it's very surprising his tune on Collingwood has drastically changed over the course of the season whereas the beginning of the year he was all praise and they were the team of the next decade. Had little faith in our list and am still surprised our debacle in the 2010 preliminary final was the be all and end all considering the injuries going in and where the club was with the coach, Ablett etc.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch boys. We still have to win tomorrow and it's no sure thing.

This. It's a cliche, but there's no doubt finals footy is a different ball game. If you're slightly off the boil, you will be punish. Tonight should have reiterated that in everyone's mind.

Wasn't that woman the number one -female?- ticket holder a few years back?

Got a little bit too excited watching the hawks for my liking if she is indeed a Geelong supporter.

Go and find a reference.
2 will do.

I'm more likely to call you a ******** than pull you up on a prediction.
Unless of course your dumb enough to push that adelaide and the bulldogs will finish top 4.
I mean really, no one is that stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a little bit too excited watching the hawks for my liking if she is indeed a Geelong supporter.

Pretty sure it was some of kind of political move, I believe she is a Hawthorn supporter.

Ried - abductor
maxwell - cracked rib
dawes - not fit
Thomas - not fit
Shaw - Not fit

Although the "not fit"'s next to the names of Dawes, Thomas, and Shaw are essentially meaningless, you're right, I did post before I had heard the full extent of their injury list.

Nonetheless the assertion that tomorrow's winner will beat Collingwood by 10 goals is silly. There is 0% chance of that happening. 0%.

Reminds me of the 2007 prelims. Cats scraping in and Port waltzing through. We all know how that panned out.

Cmon you moggies!

So if we waltz through tomorrow, we're in store for a 20 goal mauling next week? :rolleyes:

I was thinking about the 2007 prelim a lot tonight. I think a close win like that in a final does really build belief. The game was a little different in '07 as we were in front for most of the game, but it just shows how much crap the whole 'just played their grand final' ploy is when you back it up the way we did. If we're lucky enough to win tomorrow, Collingwood deserve to be favourites next week.

With jolly out if we win tomorrow without injury we should be new favourites.

Only cloke is more significant to the pies, still would have been over the moon if the hawks held on.

Cant believe the umpire dusted off his whistle in red time to call puopolos holding the ball, of all things.

I hope you smash them next week, they didn't deserve that win

Go and find a reference.
2 will do.

I'm more likely to call you a ******** than pull you up on a prediction.
Unless of course your dumb enough to push that adelaide and the bulldogs will finish top 4.
I mean really, no one is that stupid.

Quite happy to accept my errors. That prediction was before the season as part of a local footy fundraiser. I'll support the club by having another go next year and probably get it equally wrong then cos you're on a hiding to nothing doing that sort of thing pre-season. As Gerard Whateley found out to his cost when he picked the Bullies to not only be in the final 4 but be Premiers. And David Parkin and Paul Roos who also forecast those two teams to do well. Seems there are quite a few "dumb" people around.;) Bit different to getting it so wrong 24 hours before a game though.

Oh! And you are good at personal insults too - missed that one - as well as picking people up on minor expression issues and wide-of-the-mark predictions.

Who cares? This is OUR female number 1 ticket-holder, Rebecca Maddern.

rm1k.jpg
rebeccamaddern_o.jpg

HELL YEAH!!!

I'm not entirely convinced of Tim Watson as a reliable source.
Neither. And even if that is the case now it might not be in eight days time.

Have to win tomorrow first.

With jolly out if we win tomorrow without injury we should be new favourites.

If we win tomorrow and it isn't close, we are likely to be favourites irrespective of Collingwood's injury problems.

Anyway, Jolly has been in really average form. He's been carrying injuries or just isn't fit enough. I don't thing his absence is as big a deal as it seems (although a Wood/Brown tandem isn't desirable for the Pies).

So if we waltz through tomorrow, we're in store for a 20 goal mauling next week? :rolleyes:

I was thinking about the 2007 prelim a lot tonight. I think a close win like that in a final does really build belief. The game was a little different in '07 as we were in front for most of the game, but it just shows how much crap the whole 'just played their grand final' ploy is when you back it up the way we did. If we're lucky enough to win tomorrow, Collingwood deserve to be favourites next week.
Doesn't matter what happens tomorrow, Pies ARE favourites next week. They desperately needed that high intensity game tonight, and that last /4 effort will set up how they attempt tp play for 4/4 next week, taking risks, going for it from the 1st bounce. Geelong 07 for sure.

We still have to get past WCE, which we haven't done yet this year, and escape injuries, while Pies sit back, recover, and prepare for their next? victims. So Pies are deservedly favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back