Draft Review 2011 - Redo the 2011 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Adams performed well over both years whereas wingard had an amazing 2013 but a rather quiet 2012. Either way it is wayyyyyy too early. Many players would've had second year blues and the talls have yet to develop more.

Adams performed well over both years whereas wingard had an amazing 2013 but a rather quiet 2012. Either way it is wayyyyyy too early. Many players would've had second year blues and the talls have yet to develop more.
Wingard is still clearly the best player from that draft to date.

From us, I think Smith has been better than Talia so far. Had a very good first year, and was having a great year this year until he did his ACL.
Would have all of your top 10, Adams and Smith above Brad Hill.

But yeah, too early to be definitive with anything.

1. Adams
2. Wingard
3. Ellis
4. Mitchell
5. Hill
6. Coniglio
7. Greene
8. D. Smith
9. Tomlinson
10. C. Smith

top 10?

Wingard
Greene
Ellis
Adams
Mitchell
Devon Smith
Spurr
Hall
Yeo
Baugley

Stiff: Hill, Tomlinson, Dickson, Coniglio

too early to make any kind of definitive call, there's about 25 i could name that could easily end up here in 3-4 years time

Hoooooow?

Assume you're referring to Adams > Wingard. Not an easy call, I rate Wingard extremely highly. We only have 2 years output to base this on and I just reckon that Adams's two years have been incredible for a young player in a s**t team. Watch the hype he gets next season. Had he been drafted to Collingwood instead of GWS in 2011 he would already be considered a B+ mid, not to mention the inevitable Selwood comparisons. Don't get me wrong, Wingard deserved his AA this year and I reckon it was one of the better follow up seasons we've seen in recent times. I just think Adams's output to this point is slightly higher and he deserves the number one ranking. Just.

I reckon Brad Hill should definitely be in the top
3 or 4, he has been absolutely superb IMO, the post above me is the worst that's ever appeared on this site, Wingard is number 1 by the clearest length than any of the drafts. Ellis is 2nd anyway

Way to early to look at the 2011 draft, but when it comes to both the 2010 & 2011 draft you really need to put an asterisk next them as you had the expansion clubs take the cream of those draft out with there 17 year olds they could preselect the previous year. For example, if Cameron was in that draft he would easily of been pick 1, and players such as Shiel, Treloar would of went top 5 and Bugg & Hampton would of went top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

top 10?

Wingard
Greene
Ellis
Adams
Mitchell
Devon Smith
Spurr
Hall
Yeo
Baugley

Stiff: Hill, Tomlinson, Dickson, Coniglio

too early to make any kind of definitive call, there's about 25 i could name that could easily end up here in 3-4 years time

I think you might have the rose coloured glasses on.

I think you might have the rose coloured glasses on.

I think I disagree, no way in hell he'll be in there in a couple of years, but on output he deserves an honourable mention at the very least for now

Baguely has been pretty good for Essendon and definitely deserves a mention if you rank players on performance.
He's an average player playing in a average team. Every time I've seen him play I've wondered how he was getting a game..

I think I disagree, no way in hell he'll be in there in a couple of years, but on output he deserves an honourable mention at the very least for now

I struggle to see him playing more than 50 games.

Meanwhile, Bradley Hill cemented a starting position in the premiership side, but you couldn't squeeze him into the top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back