Draft Review 2011 - Redo the 2011 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

How quickly things can change.
2 years on, who is your top 10 on output from the ND?
Mine is
1) Wingard - gone after stagnating at Port.
2) Ellis - gone to Qld to get a game.
3) Hill - injury has really hurt him.
4)Talia - been fantastic for Adelaide, but is now getting an injury or two.
5)Neale - gone to Brisbane
6)Mitchell - now a champion at Hawthorn.
7) Greene - hmmm
8) Coniglio
9) Yeo - a star for West Coast.
10) Kerridge - just delisted from Carlton, and was unlucky to be dumped.
Unlucky: Newnes, Grigg, Murdoch, Adams, Smith.
Interesting how time has treated these guys.

Tom Mitchell (F/S #21)
Stephen Coniglio (#2)
Chad Wingard (#6)
Elliot Yeo (#30)
Lachie Neale (#58)
Rory Laird (Rookie #5)
Toby Greene (#11)
Sam Docherty (#12)
Devon Smith (#14)
Taylor Adams (#13)

Nick Haynes (#7)
Jack Crisp (Rookie #40)
Brad Hill (#33)
Seb Ross (#25)
Jonathan Patton (#1)
William Hoskin-Elliot (#4)
Jarrod Witts (#64)
Adam Tomlinson (#9)
Jimmy Webster (#42)
Dom Tyson (#3)

IMO I think Coniglio is the best player, however I can't put him ahead of Mitchell at this point.

Last edited:

Tom Mitchell (F/S #21)
Stephen Coniglio (#2)
Chad Wingard (#6)
Elliot Yeo (#30)
Lachie Neale (#58)
Rory Laird (Rookie #5)
Toby Greene (#11)
Sam Docherty (#12)
Devon Smith (#14)
Taylor Adams (#13)

Nick Haynes (#7)
Brad Hill (#33)
Seb Ross (#25)
Jonathan Patton (#1)
Jarrod Witts (#64)
Adam Tomlinson (#9)
Jimmy Webster (#42)
Dom Tyson (#3)
Brandon Ellis (#15)

IMO I think Coniglio is the best player, however I can't put him ahead of Mitchell at this point.

Jack Crisp is pretty stiff

Tom Mitchell (F/S #21)
Stephen Coniglio (#2)
Chad Wingard (#6)
Elliot Yeo (#30)
Lachie Neale (#58)
Rory Laird (Rookie #5)
Toby Greene (#11)
Sam Docherty (#12)
Devon Smith (#14)
Taylor Adams (#13)

Nick Haynes (#7)
Jack Crisp (Rookie #40)
Brad Hill (#33)
Seb Ross (#25)
Jonathan Patton (#1)
Jarrod Witts (#64)
Adam Tomlinson (#9)
Jimmy Webster (#42)
Dom Tyson (#3)

Brad hill ahead of Ross, WHE, Witts...

Yikes

Also fyi Adams has Smith covered innjust about every aspect of the game except for maybe tackling.

Brad hill ahead of Ross, WHE, Witts...

Yikes

Also fyi Adams has Smith covered innjust about every aspect of the game except for maybe tackling.

WHE has had one good season in his career, he would need to have a few more to justify a higher position IMO, let alone leapfrog Hill who has been a premier wingman for years. Having said that I expect that he will do just that eventually.

I think Smith is ahead of Taylor, just. Originally I had them the other way around, but changed it last minute. I think Smith is a more skilled player and is a better goal kicker. Taylor is hard at it, but he has a propensity to be a butcher. Just this season Collingwood fans were calling for him to be dropped or moved to the back pocket.

Last edited:
Tom Mitchell (F/S #21)
Stephen Coniglio (#2)
Chad Wingard (#6)
Elliot Yeo (#30)
Lachie Neale (#58)
Rory Laird (Rookie #5)
Toby Greene (#11)
Sam Docherty (#12)
Devon Smith (#14)
Taylor Adams (#13)

Nick Haynes (#7)
Jack Crisp (Rookie #40)
Brad Hill (#33)
Seb Ross (#25)
Jonathan Patton (#1)
Jarrod Witts (#64)
Adam Tomlinson (#9)
Jimmy Webster (#42)
Dom Tyson (#3)

That top 3.

Both Adams and Ross I would put ahead of Smith. Still would have Coniglio number 1 based on overall career even if Mitchell is currently a better player.

That doesn't make sense, how could you have Coniglio ahead based on overall career? IMO it's the other way around - Mitchell is ahead based on careers to date (Brownlow, runner-up in another and a quality GF performance, etc.), whilst Coniglio is a better player.

That doesn't make sense, how could you have Coniglio ahead based on overall career? IMO it's the other way around - Mitchell is ahead based on careers to date (Brownlow, runner-up in another and a quality GF performance, etc.), whilst Coniglio is a better player.
Stephen was ready to go in year 2 and played plenty of footy in his first year. Mitchell wasn't a senior player until his 4th year and didn't debut until his 2nd. You could probably argue that Mitchell had a harder team to break into, but if the situation was reversed I doubt Coniglio would've played that much NEAFL.

Stephen was ready to go in year 2 and played plenty of footy in his first year. Mitchell wasn't a senior player until his 4th year and didn't debut until his 2nd. You could probably argue that Mitchell had a harder team to break into, but if the situation was reversed I doubt Coniglio would've played that much NEAFL.

Mitchell was playing good footy from the start too, though he spent more time in the NEAFL because Horse seemingly had a problem with him.

Regardless, looking at their careers to date Mitchell is ahead. Though I agree that Coniglio is a bigger talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell was playing good footy from the start too, though he spent more time in the NEAFL because Horse seemingly had a problem with him.

Regardless, looking at their careers to date Mitchell is ahead. Though I agree that Coniglio is a bigger talent.
That's your opinion. Fact is that he didn't play much footy. That's just undeniable reality.

Plus Horse is a premiership winning coach so his opinion probably carries a bit more weight than yours.

WHE has had one good season in his career, he would need to have a few more to justify a higher position IMO, let alone leapfrog Hill who has been a premier wingman for years. Having said that I expect that he will do just that eventually.

I think Smith is ahead of Taylor, just. Originally I had them the other way around, but changed it last minute. I think Smith is a more skilled player and is a better goal kicker. Taylor is hard at it, but he has a propensity to be a butcher. Just this season Collingwood fans were calling for him to be dropped or moved to the back pocket.
Hill has never been anything more than a decent player.

Actually nvm, the bolded line just deprived u of any sort of credibility.

A premier wingman is someone like Gaff, Sidebottom, Whitfield, Macrae, Hannebury (seasons ago). Hill is not even remotely close to these guys.

Hill has had 0 good seasons.

Hill has never been anything more than a decent player.

Actually nvm, the bolded line just deprived u of any sort of credibility.

A premier wingman is someone like Gaff, Sidebottom, Whitfield, Macrae, Hannebury (seasons ago). Hill is not even remotely close to these guys.

Hill has had 0 good seasons.

He is literally a premier wingman, and was one of the best wingers in the league from 2014 to 2017. Though I agree that Smith, Sidebottom, Gaff, Macrae, Whitfield, Scully, Polec and even his brother are all better.

You can't be serious
is his stats wrong? if smith was at the tigers i wouldn't want him doing anything but tackling and handballing, he's a player with clear flaws. we clearly dont rate these type of players otherwise miles would still be with us, and even miles has better skills than smith

is his stats wrong? if smith was at the tigers i wouldn't want him doing anything but tackling and handballing, he's a player with clear flaws. we clearly dont rate these type of players otherwise miles would still be with us, and even miles has better skills than smith

Disposal efficiency isn't a good measure of kicking ability. Dustin Martin go's at 65%. Devon Smith is a much better kick than Adams and Miles

Disposal efficiency isn't a good measure of kicking ability. Dustin Martin go's at 65%. Devon Smith is a much better kick than Adams and Miles
surely you can't be serious martin gets alot of his possessions in the forward half where its alot harder to find a target. smith is a mid and so is adams they play the same position. if disposal efficiency isnt a good measure then what is? essendon supporters biased opinions that smith is better than a B grader?

surely you can't be serious martin gets alot of his possessions in the forward half where its alot harder to find a target. smith is a mid and so is adams they play the same position. if disposal efficiency isnt a good measure then what is? essendon supporters biased opinions that smith is better than a B grader?

I haven't even commented on Smith's overall ability.

All I've said is he's a better kick than Adams. Which I'm sure 99% of neutrals will agree with.

thats funny cause champion data have ranked both smith and martin as mid/fwds based on the amoint of time spent in both positions. but love how you pretend martin is a forward and smith a mid to serve your agenda.

stats are irrelevent and devon is by far a better kick than adams.

adams played mid/def for alot of his career and definately does not play the same role as smith.

and im a richmond supporter who has no interesy in essendon fans agendas as you seem to be indicating is the only reason people like smith

thats funny cause champion data have ranked both smith and martin as mid/fwds based on the amoint of time spent in both positions. but love how you pretend martin is a forward and smith a mid to serve your agenda.

stats are irrelevent and devon is by far a better kick than adams.

adams played mid/def for alot of his career and definately does not play the same role as smith.

and im a richmond supporter who has no interesy in essendon fans agendas as you seem to be indicating is the only reason people like smith
stats certainly mean alot more than your half-ass opinion. what adams played as seasons ago does not matter at all when we're using this year's stats. both adams and smith played mostly inside mid this season and the little time smith played up forward was at high half-forward which drifted to the midfield...players like beams and conigilio both play the same position as adams, that is inside midfield. and both of which have scored more goals than smith this year.

i don't know why you label yourself as a gold coast supporter when ur a richmond supporter, nor do i know why you think that contributes to your argument. but im a neutral supporter and statistically smith has one of the worst disposals in the comp. adams may be just as bad, but smith is undoubtedly someone i don't want kicking for my team.

You are both masturbating Richmond and changing the goalposts at the same time lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back