2011 Season

two up

Cancelled
May 13, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure if they have a coach but heard they're getting raiders vice captain jarrod gorupic to join his brother out there

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thurgoona set to announce their coaching staff I see in todays BMM.I happen to have a bit of inside knowledge and think it is a really good set up.Not much will change from the previous years in the way things will be run.Reckon it will be a smart descision-good luck to them.One observation is that a precedent has been set in previous years of playing coaches there-a tradition that should continue....:D:D

have a RHG

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2007
Berwick Hot Springs
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NY GIANTS, Yankees, Spurs
Thurgoona set to announce their coaching staff I see in todays BMM.I happen to have a bit of inside knowledge and think it is a really good set up.Not much will change from the previous years in the way things will be run.Reckon it will be a smart descision-good luck to them.One observation is that a precedent has been set in previous years of playing coaches there-a tradition that should continue....:D:D

The positive thing switch as that it will be a rare occasion to see Thurgoona back down the bottom. A lot of hard work by a lot of people has gone in to turn them around from the laughable basket case they were 5 years ago, to now being a genuine threat each year. Be a massive occasion when they do break through for a flag. I am sure the committee will have the right set up to take them beyond a Prelim final.

no orange peeler

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yankees tottenham hotspur ny giants
Good to see Gunny and Gooba take on the role. Gunny being one of the blokes that has been their from the start of the transformation (has had nearly every role bar President and Senior Coach until now). be great to see these two blokes get some success.

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good to see Gunny and Gooba take on the role. Gunny being one of the blokes that has been their from the start of the transformation (has had nearly every role bar President and Senior Coach until now). be great to see these two blokes get some success.

Lol-I didn't want to name names NOP-wasn't sure if it was official.They have big shoes to fill-but Gunny worked the bench this year.He was the one i was referring to that will have to make a comeback to keep the playing coaches on the ground:thumbsu:They will both do a good job I reckon.

no orange peeler

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Lol-I didn't want to name names NOP-wasn't sure if it was official.They have big shoes to fill-but Gunny worked the bench this year.He was the one i was referring to that will have to make a comeback to keep the playing coaches on the ground:thumbsu:They will both do a good job I reckon.

My oath they will plenty of experience, sorry about revealing found it on the website

no orange peeler

Cancelled
Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Lachie Hutchins to Thurgoona with Luke Donnan Likely to join him, if this pans out Thurgoona will take some beating next season

Almost done

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2007
Albury
AFL Club
Melbourne

Apparently he still has the 4ths to go NOP!
From all reports Gunny is happily retired and is looking forward to playing Super Rules each Sunday with Hollard, Hargreaves, McGlynn and Senior Sergeant Aylmore from all reports Switch.

Pdizzle

Draftee
Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Does any1 know yet if breen is moving to thurgoona from holbrook. kid kicked close to 50 goals last year?

Albert Park

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2007
Albert Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it true that a few Tallangatta boys are heading to Dederang ? That would leave Tallangatta in a bit of trouble with no coach and players leaving. What's with all the intra-League club-hopping this year ? Half of Yack heading to Mitta also. Going to another club in the same League used to be taboo, particularly in consecutive years.

have a RHG

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2007
Berwick Hot Springs
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NY GIANTS, Yankees, Spurs
Is it true that a few Tallangatta boys are heading to Dederang ? That would leave Tallangatta in a bit of trouble with no coach and players leaving. What's with all the intra-League club-hopping this year ? Half of Yack heading to Mitta also. Going to another club in the same League used to be taboo, particularly in consecutive years.

can't spell loyality without the word Loyal AP.........
A lot of it would have to do with the player pool getting smaller, the O and M seems to be a younger comp with a lot of the older fellas already playing in country leagues, leaving the 19-24/25 year olds in the o and m being able to play a lot of senior games. So with the pickings slim there seems to be a lot of interleague poaching.

oldmanemu

Senior List
Aug 6, 2006
here
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trying to buy a premiership is he, I hope he got some tips from Tallangatta circa 2009 :rolleyes:

That's country football these days. You need to spend money to get players, and then you have to hope they will stay for 2-3-4 seasons. Many don't do that anymore, due to travel etc.

It's hard to stay at the top of the tree for much longer than 2-4 years now, unless you have a decent inflow of players travelling from Albury/Wodonga each week. Mitta won a few in a row, but since then they dropped to 3rd, then out of the finals.

From 2006 to 2007, only two teams remained in the top 5, same in 2007 to 2008 and 2008 to 2009, whilst only Tallangatta dropped out from 2009 to 2010 (though they lost half their side due to retirements/uni finishing etc), and it's been a different premier for each of the last few years.

A lot depends on how many local kids you can keep around the area, and most leave for school/work etc these days. If you can have 4 or 5 local kids playing senior footy for your club, it's a good effort.

lemontree

Debutant
Oct 23, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Melbourne
spoke to a young tallangatta bloke last week said Mansell and M Bradshaw going to dederang. He also very disgruntled with the club, no coach, no one from the club been in contact since last season.

2high

Debutant
Oct 6, 2008
darwin
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree with all your resons for all the defections but you missed the main one MONEY.
Its a big worry when you here the amount of money that is being spent in the Hume league. This has already filtered to the TDFL and if this is alowed to continue a number of clubs WILL go under. How can thay justify paying players 2 or 3 times the payments they recive at a major laegue club. All clubs must make a stand on this or footy in our area will die.

IN & UNDER

Senior List
Jan 21, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kim Moelhinney, played with Yack magoos this year.
Whisper also that he had signed on as Barny Reserves coach before taking Hoppers role.
That's if my whispers are accurate though.

Back