2011 Trade Prediction's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disagree.

EFC needs one or two highly skilled outside midfielders - Colyer fits the the outside part - the rest we can develop.

Stevens is more of an inside midfielder - Which we don't need.
You need more inside players with Stevens's height and bulk.

Watson and Hocking are the only two mids who have grunt and the size to stand up in tackles.

Even Grigga did a job on you last year.

Would Richmond consider Garlett for Connors?

I know we won't a half back but I don't think we should be getting Connors. He's had plenty of off field trouble (one which resulted in an 8 week layoff) and now he's missed an entire year with a whole host of injuries. Either Richmond are up to something or his body is shot.

To the person who asked about Garlett, well he's probably our most logical trade bait. He's still just a 22yo. Had he played the full year in the VFL he would have given the Liston a real shake. Along with Brock McLean, he was probably the best performed AFL player in the VFL. He'd be getting a game at about 8 other AFL clubs minimum. Unfortunately for him, he's behind Wells, Swallow, Ziebell, Bastinac and Greenwood. Now based on performance, he should be next in line but based on upside, we've been giving games to Cunnington and Atley.

He's barely put a foot wrong in the AFL. He's mostly been the sub which is why his stats don't tell the full story. When he's had a full game he's usually had about 20 touches, most of them contested. His problem is his height and he doesn't have electric pace to make up for it. He really needs to get fitter so he can do a better job of spreading from the contest. He's a very tidy kick, he'll rarely miss a target but he's not going to slice you open Dan Rich style. His strength is his work in close with his hands which is exceptional. Unfortunately for Cruize, we have plenty of inside mids. There's more to it than "Norf didn't finish in the 8 and he's not in their best 22 lolz".

Disagree.

EFC needs one or two highly skilled outside midfielders - Colyer fits the the outside part - the rest we can develop.

The Carlton midfield begs to differ. You got obliterated on the inside. Even with Juddy being well tagged over the course of the game that game was won easily in the trenches. To the point where sooky Watson tried throwing his weight around at the interchange :thumbsu:

Disagree.

Pity about the skilled part, though?

The Carlton midfield begs to differ. You got obliterated on the inside. Even with Juddy being well tagged over the course of the game that game was won easily in the trenches. To the point where sooky Watson tried throwing his weight around at the interchange :thumbsu

We didn't get beaten in clearances or stoppages, we got beaten the the way we delivered from clearances and stoppages. Size plays a part in that, but so does age. Melksham, Zaharakis and Howlett will all improve in this regards, so be don't necessarily need another inside mid.

The Carlton midfield begs to differ. You got obliterated on the inside. Even with Juddy being well tagged over the course of the game that game was won easily in the trenches. To the point where sooky Watson tried throwing his weight around at the interchange :thumbsu:

We didn't get beaten in clearances or stoppages - Figures were near identical.

We got beaten in spreading/fast running from stoppages - and primarily by turnovers.

We need outside midfielders - one preferably two.

Urgh. Missed this. Didn't want to post anything since I don't like spreading rumours, but since it has already been brought up.... I've heard the same rumour. Guy I heard it from is usually on the money as well, he tipped me off about us chasing Seaby well before the fact, plus a couple of others. Not a 100% strike rate, but certainly not a s**t-stirrer either. :(

I reckon it would tear the heart out of Swans fans if we lost Reid.

I really cannot see Reid leaving. I'm pretty certain he's contracted until the end of 2012 so he is most likely just waiting until the end of next year to get as much money as he can. We have an extremely good record of keeping our best players so I cannot see him leaving. Besides, we have a massive gap in our salary cap and Goodes will move to the veterans list, meaning we will be able to match any offer put to him if it comes down to that.

No sure if this has been suggested. But Goddard trade to GWS this year...

All this talk is if he would consider a GWS move next year. If so he should tell st kilda before this trade week. Then they could get extra pick this year.
If St kilda can trade him this year for a top 10 pick in the draft... why not trade him this year?

They'd get a band 1 compo for sure. that would mean. Three 1st rd picks for Goddard instead of him coming as an uncontracted player next year, and getting just 2 picks for him.

I might be wrong but I don't see St kilda pushing for a top 2 finish next year... so why not get ahead while you can...

Plz don't bite my head off st kilda supporters. Just a suggestion...

No sure if this has been suggested. But Goddard trade to GWS this year...

All this talk is if he would consider a GWS move next year. If so he should tell st kilda before this trade week. Then they could get extra pick this year.
If St kilda can trade him this year for a top 10 pick in the draft... why not trade him this year?

They'd get a band 1 compo for sure. that would mean. Three 1st rd picks for Goddard instead of him coming as an uncontracted player next year, and getting just 2 picks for him.

I might be wrong but I don't see St kilda pushing for a top 2 finish next year... so why not get ahead while you can...

Plz don't bite my head off st kilda supporters. Just a suggestion...

You've got it all wrong. If Goddard were to move next year St Kilda would get nothing in return as he becomes a free agent.

I think he will be offered an extension before trade week this year and if he declines an extension then a trade will become a lot more likely.

The Saints would likely get 2 first rounders for him atm (one early and one late). Or first crack at the mini draft (O'Meara).

I'd love a swap of Stevens for Colyer, can't see it happening though without us throwing in something more. If Stevens is after more opportunity I'd have thought Fremantle would be interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the compo picks are for uncontracted players that agree to sign with gws. not contracted players traded.

besides goddard is still young and a very good player that couldnt be replaced easily. i think st kilda has to make some moves to quickly add some young talent to their list but i wouldnt get rid of any top players in the under 26 bracket. to be honest i know they wont consider it but i think riewoldt should look for a fresh start somewhere and the club would get a very handy trade from that. then again he is very important to the club so i understand them not wanting to do that.

Saints and Freo lose coaches - what about player movements?

When a club changes coaches player movements often follow.

I wonder what other movements this situation may create?

Godard traded to GWS?

A rare Freo / Eagles trade?

After the shock of the coaching news this afternoon who knows what will happen next.

A weak, compromised draft, trade week and the U 17 draft just got a little bit more interesting.:rolleyes:

Re: Saints and Freo lose coaches - what about player movements?

Saints will go into rebuild mode. Will be interesting to see who they introduce as senior coach. Likely to be an assistant coach on the rise. With a new coach you'd think new start - giving younger players a go which they probably need.

For Fremantle with Ross Lyon taking over it's all about winning premierships now. Maybe they take on Fevola. Maybe they trade into a big time player like a Brian Lake. By Ross Lyon making the move he has made a clear signal that he thinks he will be able to get some premiership success at Fremantle. Will be interesting to see how they go with that. Top 4 next year not out of the question. Player movement. Who knows? You'd think they will be fairly active in trade activity.

When a club changes coaches player movements often follow.

I wonder what other movements this situation may create?

Goddard traded to GWS?

A rare Freo / Eagles trade?

After the shock of the coaching news this afternoon who knows what will happen next.

A weak, compromised draft, trade week and the U 17 draft just got a little bit more interesting.:rolleyes:

Would happen eventually you would think (based on current speculation) so they might as well get it out of the way to avoid distractions next year. A quality player like Goddard would easily land them Pick 1 in the mini draft (to be used on O'Meara). Probably won't happen but I think that "St Nick" will end up back at GC at some stage in his career (gut feel nothing to base it on) maybe they could be proactive now and get something big in return. If the Saints come out aggressive at Trade Week they could really improve their future prospects with some smart trading. Will be interested to see their new coach...exciting times ahead!

Does anyone have a list of the Saints uncontracted players?

I reckon freo may sign up crowley, walters, etc. McPhee may start to feel a little unsure of his position. Kepler will be an interesting one.

With Lyon leaving Gilbert may want to come home.

I wonder if Gilbert can turn his shocking 2011 season around with a trade back to the Lions or Suns? Change of scenery and all that.

I've also been thinking St Kilda should see if Reiwoldt is interested in a move back to the Coast. St Kilda would get a high draft pick and maybe one of the Sun's young KP's and the Suns would get the draw power of Nick and be more competive. Should get in before Adelaide does the Tippett trade.

Lyon wanted Fev at St.K, was told no?
Knew Freo were interested?
Spoke to Freo, they offered him a job?
Fev to Freo?

the compo picks are for uncontracted players that agree to sign with gws. not contracted players traded.

besides goddard is still young and a very good player that couldnt be replaced easily. i think st kilda has to make some moves to quickly add some young talent to their list but i wouldnt get rid of any top players in the under 26 bracket. to be honest i know they wont consider it but i think riewoldt should look for a fresh start somewhere and the club would get a very handy trade from that. then again he is very important to the club so i understand them not wanting to do that.

Players have to agree to being traded anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back