2011 Trade Prediction's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got it all wrong. If Goddard were to move next year St Kilda would get nothing in return as he becomes a free agent.

I think he will be offered an extension before trade week this year and if he declines an extension then a trade will become a lot more likely.

The Saints would likely get 2 first rounders for him atm (one early and one late). Or first crack at the mini draft (O'Meara).

I wonder what it would take to get Goddard to Carlton?

Say Kreuzer and Thornton to GWS. St Kilda get O'Meara and Carlton get Goddard. Any takers?

Re: Saints and Freo lose coaches - what about player movements?

Lyon wanted Fev at St.K, was told no?
Knew Freo were interested?
Spoke to Freo, they offered him a job?
Fev to Freo?

Fev would be better option than mitch clark unless they get both

Pav, Fev, Ballantine, clarke, fyfe

Fev would be better option than mitch clark unless they get both

Pav, Fev, Ballantine, clarke, fyfe

Reported that one reason Freo cut Harvey was he wanted Clark and the power brokers wanted to chase O'Meara instead.

In comes Lyon, they grab Fev for basically nothing and they can then concentrate on landing O'Meara.

Seriously this is a high stakes gambit by Freo, it could work out amazingly well and land them a serious challenge, it could also go the other way and the shocking ruthlessness shown by them could backfire with the playing group breaking down and the bad influence being Fev exploding in their faces.

Its an all or nothing approach.

Reported that one reason Freo cut Harvey was he wanted Clark and the power brokers wanted to chase O'Meara instead.

Its almost guaranteed Clark is coming to Freo. Lyon has already said Clark is a required player.

Also. You guys do realise that the only thing that has changed is freo's coach ? They may not even get anyone else in but clark during trade week... So you couldn't call it a massive gamble on the playing list. As nothing has changed. Yet anyway. The Massive gamble is Fev if he does grab him though. Why would they want the all that he brings. Not worth the fuss.

Kane Lucas and Brad Crouch are my two main targets for the Bulldogs.

Jesse White, if we could work out a solid deal is another who we should be looking at IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not confident of any of them happening, i'm just saying there the players i'd be targeting.

Can someone fill me in as to who Brad Crouch is?

One of the 17 year olds. Inside mid, named on the HBF in the AA team. Can play outside as well though, but his inside game is more developed.

I think a swap of Cruize Garlett for a fringe player from another team (similar if younger age, HBF'er) may happen.

We would also entertain of getting O'Meara, but like a few clubs such as Richmond, don't have the picks/fringe quality to compete with the likes of Melbourne (Scully picks), Gold Coast (pick 4, thousands of top youth) or even Port (pick 6 + something else) without giving up a 'valuable commodity'

It seems on here, most posters seem to think they can attract guns without giving up their own guns through draft picks/their 14th best player. For example Tiger supporters would say Deledio/Cotchin/Martin/Vickery/Conca/Riewoldt/Rance off limits..North fans might say Ziebell/Wells/Swallow/Goldstein etc are off limits...won't get any real quality like O'Meara with that attitude.

Now I'm going to throw out some ideas. Note that I'm not predicting them, or getting a perfect trade, but more what I believe could be starting negotiations between teams

Think Kosi will be traded, has some value left in him, new coach might want to give Lynch/Walsh/Stanley more game time. Could go to Brisbane in return for 2nd rounder and Sheldon (I'm not trying to predict exact trades, just ideas, but Sheldon is a fringe youngster, and is just an example). Don't believe Kosi would attract much more, if Brisbane get a first rounder for Clark they could put that into the deal.

Clark for pick 16 and a player
Brisbane then have 8, 16, 30 and 48. Maybe 16 and Hanley for Kosi + 38....Hanley gives the Saints the option of getting rid of Peake/Ray if they develop him into a wingman, or Gram if as a HBF.

O'Meara for 4 + Hickey.
GWS have 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (Patton, Coniglio, Wingard, Tyson, Longer), plus Hickey to help back up Brogan/Giles/Longer
Gold Coast get O'Meara and add him to the midfield of Ablett, Rischitelli, Iles, Swallow, McKenzie, Prestia, Bennell and Weller

A couple of Geelong fringe players may be looking elsewhere. Simpson while at start of year was from what I heard, in front of West/Vardy.
Simpson for pick 29 (Port Adelaide). Might not be fair to Geelong, but if he wants to leave, the Cats will get the best available deal without pushing Port to take him in the pre season draft. Simpson/Lobbe is a young ruck combo, but building with Hartlett/Gray/Boak and with Westhoff as a possible pinch hitter and a couple of others in Redden/Bass not quite regular AFL players, would be quite good for Port.

I think Richmond will entertain trading Daniel Jackson. Really not worth much, if the new Saints coach thinks he can have 1 last crack at the big one, Jackson as an experienced midfielder might help out Hayes. 38 and 56 for Jackson and 32...

Throwing out some possible situations

I think a swap of Cruize Garlett for a fringe player from another team (similar if younger age, HBF'er) may happen.

We would also entertain of getting O'Meara, but like a few clubs such as Richmond, don't have the picks/fringe quality to compete with the likes of Melbourne (Scully picks), Gold Coast (pick 4, thousands of top youth) or even Port (pick 6 + something else) without giving up a 'valuable commodity'

It seems on here, most posters seem to think they can attract guns without giving up their own guns through draft picks/their 14th best player. For example Tiger supporters would say Deledio/Cotchin/Martin/Vickery/Conca/Riewoldt/Rance off limits..North fans might say Ziebell/Wells/Swallow/Goldstein etc are off limits...won't get any real quality like O'Meara with that attitude.

Now I'm going to throw out some ideas. Note that I'm not predicting them, or getting a perfect trade, but more what I believe could be starting negotiations between teams

Think Kosi will be traded, has some value left in him, new coach might want to give Lynch/Walsh/Stanley more game time. Could go to Brisbane in return for 2nd rounder and Sheldon (I'm not trying to predict exact trades, just ideas, but Sheldon is a fringe youngster, and is just an example). Don't believe Kosi would attract much more, if Brisbane get a first rounder for Clark they could put that into the deal.

Clark for pick 16 and a player
Brisbane then have 8, 16, 30 and 48. Maybe 16 and Hanley for Kosi + 38....Hanley gives the Saints the option of getting rid of Peake/Ray if they develop him into a wingman, or Gram if as a HBF.

O'Meara for 4 + Hickey.
GWS have 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (Patton, Coniglio, Wingard, Tyson, Longer), plus Hickey to help back up Brogan/Giles/Longer
Gold Coast get O'Meara and add him to the midfield of Ablett, Rischitelli, Iles, Swallow, McKenzie, Prestia, Bennell and Weller

A couple of Geelong fringe players may be looking elsewhere. Simpson while at start of year was from what I heard, in front of West/Vardy.
Simpson for pick 29 (Port Adelaide). Might not be fair to Geelong, but if he wants to leave, the Cats will get the best available deal without pushing Port to take him in the pre season draft. Simpson/Lobbe is a young ruck combo, but building with Hartlett/Gray/Boak and with Westhoff as a possible pinch hitter and a couple of others in Redden/Bass not quite regular AFL players, would be quite good for Port.

I think Richmond will entertain trading Daniel Jackson. Really not worth much, if the new Saints coach thinks he can have 1 last crack at the big one, Jackson as an experienced midfielder might help out Hayes. 38 and 56 for Jackson and 32...

Throwing out some possible situations

Would not mind Garlett

Sheldon is a role player. No way would we give up Hanley and pick 16 for Kosi and 38. Have you not seen Hanley this year? You obviously don't watch a lot of Football. Kosi is worth a 3rd rounder, 2nd at most.

One of the 17 year olds. Inside mid, named on the HBF in the AA team. Can play outside as well though, but his inside game is more developed.

+ an avid North supporter from the Ballarat region (just as a bit of extra knowledge). Want (for us).

+ an avid North supporter from the Ballarat region (just as a bit of extra knowledge). Want (for us).

A few of the 17 year olds are north supporters from what I have seen. Jake Stringer is as well, and he is another I would like us to get.

Damn you North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back