2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hacker please, that's what these forums are all about - what's the late mail from you that's made you change your mind?!!

Well we all know the big bloke Dale has a bad ankle but my mail says he wont play this week, can only run straight lines so they'd be silly to risk him. Buckle may still be in doubt and half a dozen other players have only been training for a month... they will start the season very slowly is my tip..

No I'm sticking with my original tips. I'm going for the 2for1 special tomorrow. I'll watch Rovers and Timboon for a half then head over the back to the mack to watch a bit of Creek V Collegians.

Thoughtful of the league to put the 2 games so close together location wise.

Says your an old collegians man Pie Eyed Lad, Any recruits/players to keep an eye on from your club that I should look out for??

going to see the grand final reply.....round 1 is always like a grand final as evryone wants to win to start the year off well....i still think dennington will get flogged but i hope its a close and good game. i did hear that if a player is tackled near the boundary line and decides to "walk' the ball over its now called "deliberate out of bounds"..i like the idea!!

Wow, not the Grand Final replay you would usually expect!

Very impressed and pleased :) with Power's performance.

Great to have BJ back and back to his high performance immediately, and Rounds will be a great pickup - I think he was in and out for Terang but should really do well for the Power.

Don't know if Dennington have anyone to come in to help them at all?
Already looking forward to next week v Allansford :thumbsu:

according to saturdays paper still 5 to come back for the dogs so dont write them off just yet. from what i hear umpires cost merrivale the game against panmure had them beat and then a heap of stupid calls from the umpires in panmures forward line cost them the game

i heard that merrivale kicked themselves out of it.....only themselves to blame. gotta remember that when a team loses its their fault..no one or nothing else is to blame

sure ktm, lets say the umpires cost merrivale the game... got nothing to do with merrivales innacuaracy or the fact that panmure are a good side who never give in. in any match an umpire just calls the game as he sees it. both sides get bad decisions paid against them every match, it all evens out.

What a week! All tips were spot on really - no big surprises. Sounds like the Merrivale Panmure game was a beauty.

Creek V COllegians made for good watching with the 12 goal third quarter especially. I did feel a little bit for creek though, when your opponent only kicks one point out of 13 scoring shots it's hard to take, creek had their chances though and had they been accurate the scoreboard may have looked a little different and they would've won nearly I thought. Credit to collegians though, they are good when they're 'on' - just depends on how consistent that will be I suppose.

Any other reports from games out there?? Nirranda, are they one to watch or are Deakin just no good?

well dennington were a few dogs short of a wolf pack lol. Sam lewis will be lucky to play a handful of games im told and without either of the lewis boys, no victor nowell, no morrison and no shepperd its no wonder the Power had nothing more than a training run.

I'm sure some sides will push them and i hope itll be different in round 8 when they play dennington again but the power look hard to beat.

Timboon and rovers was a see saw and the full forward they snuck in for one game has put a clearance back to south in as foretold, allansford a walk over east, nirranda hard to judge at present although deakin have had a couple put clearances back in to hampden clubs after the weekend so they may get even weaker...

Panmure may be better than was thought but merrivale look to be middle of the pack again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friday Afternoon - probably time for some tips for round 2!

Allansford V Kolora - Kolora by 7-8 goals over Allansford. Be interesting to see how their new big man goes

Old Collegians V Nirranda - This might be closer than people think with Wagstaff in good form early (even though it was against a lesser opponent it's always good for the confidence). Collegians for me by 5 goals

Deakin V East - East for a long awaited win. Wanstead street will be rocking Saturday night.

Dennington V South Rovers - Dennington by 4 goals with Victor kicking 8.

Merrivale V Russells Creek - Russells Creek in a close one by a kick I reckon. Merrivale need to win this to show they are up and about for this season.

Timboon V Panmure - Panmure easily 6+ goals I'd reckon.

What's everyone else going with?

Friday Afternoon - probably time for some tips for round 2!

Allansford V Kolora - Kolora by 7-8 goals over Allansford. Be interesting to see how their new big man goes

Old Collegians V Nirranda - This might be closer than people think with Wagstaff in good form early (even though it was against a lesser opponent it's always good for the confidence). Collegians for me by 5 goals

Deakin V East - East for a long awaited win. Wanstead street will be rocking Saturday night.

Dennington V South Rovers - Dennington by 4 goals with Victor kicking 8.

Merrivale V Russells Creek - Russells Creek in a close one by a kick I reckon. Merrivale need to win this to show they are up and about for this season.

Timboon V Panmure - Panmure easily 6+ goals I'd reckon.

What's everyone else going with?

Have to agree on your first, Kolora an easy win and the margin about right i think.

Nirranda by 3 goals for me, Wagstaff wont be the highlight as theyve lost a back up ruckman and he'll have to do more than half the game in the ruck but i still think their on the way up...

Sadly Wanstead street will be dismal... Deakin by 6 goals

Rovers by 5 goals over a still depleted Dennignton even with Victor

Creek gutted after last week will bounce back, 2 goals the margin.

Panmure will make Timboon wish their new score board was broken still lol, panmure by 8 goals

Any early predictions for the 2011 season?
Will anyone be able to match it with Kolora?
Premiers:
Runners-up:
League Medal:
Dark Horse:
Goal kicker:

Would be interesting to know people's thoughts after a few interesting rounds...

Welcome Chazmm!

Interesting rounds indeed and still hard to get a measure on anyone yet.
But in answer to your questions:

Will anyone be able to match it with Kolora? Yes I think so, my thoughts are South Rovers, Panmure and Old Collegians will go the closest. Panmure were close last year (as long as there is no weddings on around finals time) and I remember that Old Collegians actually beat Kolora last year also. South Rovers are looking ominous to me, and all without Lucas Wilson at this stage too.

Premiers: Kolora (ignoring the above rant, I do think they'll win it but will be pushed)
Runners-up: South Rovers
League Medal: Jye Bidmade again
Dark Horse: Old Collegians
Goal kicker:Victor Nowell

I'll have a go at this as well.

Premiers: Korola Noorat Can't see anyone else
Runners-up: Old Collegians will finish forth but will get into the grand final
League Medal: Jye Bidmade/ Brad Johnson
Dark Horse: Merrivale might start working together as a team?
Goal kicker: Mark Clissold / Todd Mclean

I might not have looked hard enough but I wanted to see if there was a schedule for the league?

I'll be in town in August for the 2011 International Cup and it would be great to check out some amateur footy. We will be checking out 2 AFL games but I want to make sure I get around to check out some other leagues as well.

Can I get a link to the schedule?

I might not have looked hard enough but I wanted to see if there was a schedule for the league?

I'll be in town in August for the 2011 International Cup and it would be great to check out some amateur footy. We will be checking out 2 AFL games but I want to make sure I get around to check out some other leagues as well.

Can I get a link to the schedule?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6207-0-145639-0&sID=94577

Just click on the Link to WDFL Draw.

Good to see South get up over Kolora. Should make things a bit more interesting seeing that the Power can be beaten.

Anyone got anything to report from any of the week's games?

hi guys,
went and seen first game last week, merrivale vs east

it was only a half i seen but east a long way off the mark arnt they.

Merrivale just went bang bang bang.

Only good thing for east ...... their Ruckman.

Merrivale are prob sitting on the ladder where they should be,
East are definatey.

Hacen't been in here in a while. Good to see some of the comments. :)

Good to see the Warriors up and about too, the one point win over Kolora was an epic, and going down to Rovers at Rovers by 8 points without our best player is certainly no disgrace. We looked the goods in that third quarter too, we were up by 3 or 4 goals at one stage, but Rovers ran all over us in that last quarter which was disappointing, but to be 8-2 at this stage of the season is fantastic.

Been a while between posts but plenty has happened it seems. Here's my thoughts.

Merrivale look to be up and about, they might curtail their partying ways if they get a sniff of solid finals action this year.
Kolora, is the king dead?? got over Merrivale but gone done by Rovers Easily and Collegians without their key forward, albeit a close win.
Rovers look the goods for mine, will be interesting to see how it plays out for the rest of the year, their on ball units are the benchmark, Evans, mcCosh and coffey etc, Lucas Wilson covers a lot of ground too for a big guy.
Nirranda and Timboon are the dark horses to upset some people I think, these guys aren't far off the mark and will get a big scalp and upset the 5 I reckon at some stage. Won't make it but will cause headaches, good to see with nirranda anyway those guys have languished for a few years now.

As for Pie Eyed Lad - well done on having the balls to admit who your playing for, the first on this thread. GUess we'll be subjected to some bias opinions of collegians in the future??

Speaking of collegians, these guys seem to be thereabouts for getting to the last week of the season I think. My reports tell me they were without Forth and Richardson for the Rovers game, and thanks to that Keane kid re-arranging McCosh's face, they were also a man down in the last quarter. Standard says they are going to battle for ruckmen with Keane out for 6 and Ryan going OS (why do clubs allow this?? no commitment.) so guess when finals comes around ROvers V Collegians will be a good one to watch.

ANyways, the rest of the comp deserves no mention as they've done nothing so carry on and lets get this thread moving again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back