2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

adam melville is playing for south in the granny today but hear he will play district because he won't be in nige kols plans for next year. he's been linked to creek and panmure cos he's mates with bidmade from their days at geelong west.
members what a load a rubbish, power players get paid more than any other club, but if you can afford to, why not? even local players get paid in excess of 100-200. (brad johnson is on about 400) to encourage them to stay when they are thinking of maybe going to hampden..

Just got the word that Joe McLaren from Koroit will coach the new Hampden league club when it gets the ok to join and I was also told Todd McLean, Brad Kelly and Peter Macarona will join him. Collegians look certain to loose Gareth Crawford back to Hamilton and with Jarrod Gleeson retiring will put a hole in the mid field. Sam McCosh is also a chance to join mate Scott Maddern at Port Fairy.

well i dont know a lot but heres what ive heard...

Travis membrey signed with allansford and brett is close to signing...

The rumour of Jordan Dillon or Nathan Meade to panmure are both wrong...

Timboon to have signed 2-3 from souths premiership sides but no names yet.... losing a couple to qld but gotten back the 3rd hickey brother

The Power being very secretive... As are most other sides...

So some big outs for Collegians at the end of the season... both the Gleeson brothers have hung up the boots, Crawford's going to a Hamilton based club, and apparently J. Lynch is leaving as well. Going to leave some big holes in the midfield.

well pie eyed im not going to argue the gleesons have hung up the boots... but my money is one of them being in the paper by the ned of this week.... My tip is Jeremy Gleeson to be announced as coach of Cobden football club.... Its a 50/50 call as apparently it was down to him and another but im told they went with him... should have an answer by the end of the week...

well pie eyed im not going to argue the gleesons have hung up the boots... but my money is one of them being in the paper by the ned of this week.... My tip is Jeremy Gleeson to be announced as coach of Cobden football club.... Its a 50/50 call as apparently it was down to him and another but im told they went with him... should have an answer by the end of the week...

Well just like a newspaper ill apologise and print a retraction lol. Im unsure whether he turned cobden down or they turned him away but he's no longer in the running....

merrivale and panmure have recruited very well indeed! heap of hampden players for both clubs. who's done better? tigers obviously got porter and al johnson from south, with clay cassidy and scott kelly. also strong rumours about sam dwyer from port. panmure will be well boosted with tocka and ads o'keefe, x mckinnon, shaun griffen and big show robertson all signed up.. also heard bant is going back from terang.
at this stage both should leap-frog ahead of collegians...... but since the power have appartently kept johnson, moloney, clissold and dale robinson who were all rumoured links to hampden clubs terang and camperdown, will it be enough to challenge noorat?

Hampden League must be seething over the amount of quality players deserting them to play District League.
I must admit I hate that the standard refers to them as 'major league' players. I mean calm down, Hampden is not a super standard, nor is district league so I think the sub-standard can get off it's knees, wipe the jizz from its mouth and move on from pleasuring Hampden League... seriously how boring would 8 teams be.

Anyways, I digress.

So Panmure are going to be the main threat this year. I think it will be them and Kolora, followed by COllegians, then Merrivale again.

I'm sorry but I've heard it all before with Merrivale, sign a handful of gun recruits from Hampden league, expect to go straight to a flag. Doesn't happen like that. It seems to be even truer for Merrivale, maybe that's got something to do with the culture of the club... And that's precisely why I've got Panmure above them, from an outside perspective, Panmure have a good culture and as such there stars will play well I think.
Still with Tocka needing just 1 week suspension to get banned for life, tell me there won't be teams throwing everything at him to try and get a reaction.

For me, Collegians never had any real superstars but played well together and a good team will always beat a team full of 'stars' with a pumped up ego from getting recruited from the 'major leagues'. That's why I've got them above Merrivale, but beneath power and panmure.

Unless there is some signings going around I haven't heard about yet...

My pre season top 5 - why not?! haha

1. Panmure
2. Kolora
3. Collegians
4. Merrivale
5. Timboon

so what exactly do u mean by the "culture" at merrivale??...i enjoy going down there to those games....all a bit of fun. 120 grand spent by panmure on players for next year...itll make or break the club so a flag or not theyll be in debt for a while and will eventually struggle in the future....after all that i cant see them finishing on top anyway.........!!!!....merrivale will finish higher than panmure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? I don't even play anymore and I've heard plenty about Merrivale and their partying ways as a 'culture' - and when I say Party I don't mean head out on a Saturday night and in bed by 2am, I'm talking about right through until Sunday night sort of stuff... Surely that has an impact on the way they play, how else can they travel so well during the start to middle of every year, then fall apart by the end.

I've heard the longer the season goes on the less people train on a tuesday purely through benders on weekends.

I don't think I'm saying anything new here that isn't known generally around town.
In saying that not everyone is like that I know!! I am generalising, but hey that's what it's all about on these things.. ha

Any other recruitment talk from around the town??

Heard Luke Duncan is leaving Lake Bolac and playing again in Warrnambool? Had a up and down year in the mininera from kicking 7 in the prelim final and not getting a kick in the grand final? Will he go back to dennington?

Really? I don't even play anymore and I've heard plenty about Merrivale and their partying ways as a 'culture' - and when I say Party I don't mean head out on a Saturday night and in bed by 2am, I'm talking about right through until Sunday night sort of stuff... Surely that has an impact on the way they play, how else can they travel so well during the start to middle of every year, then fall apart by the end.

I've heard the longer the season goes on the less people train on a tuesday purely through benders on weekends.

I don't think I'm saying anything new here that isn't known generally around town.
In saying that not everyone is like that I know!! I am generalising, but hey that's what it's all about on these things.. ha

Any other recruitment talk from around the town??

your e a brave/stupid person to be saying that with no proof...strong accusations!!! bet u dont confront anyone from merrivale and say the same thing to them!!

Touch a nerve Fan09?
If you read my post again, you'll see I'm only repeating what I've heard around town, and trust me if I've heard it, then surely that's common knowledge about what's 'perceived' and I repeat 'perceived' about a club. Whether its true or not is irrelevant isn't it? If that's what is heard around town then maybe they need to work on what the perception of their players are.

In saying that, like all clubs, there are some brilliant people who make a club a club, and I'm sure Merrivale have that in spades, all i'm talking about is what may be a small proportion of their playing group tarnishing their image around town. That's all.

And yes you're right, I wouldn't confront any of them because it really doesn't interest me that much, it's only footy, who gives a rats bum. What anyone does in their spare time is up to them, I just wanted to make a point.

Heard Pamure may have enough players to enter 2 teams this year and if the locals are correct both teams would play off for the flag. 52 at the 1st training pre christmas and half the town turned up to watch em train. The pressure will be on tocka to have a bit of success. Have heard they have picked up 2 from cobden, 2 or 3 from W'Bool, Troy Douglas from Nth W'Bool, a couple from Koroit, big dozer Keane from Collegians. If this is all true they (and they weren't that far away last year) will be hard to beat.

Touch a nerve Fan09?
If you read my post again, you'll see I'm only repeating what I've heard around town, and trust me if I've heard it, then surely that's common knowledge about what's 'perceived' and I repeat 'perceived' about a club. Whether its true or not is irrelevant isn't it? If that's what is heard around town then maybe they need to work on what the perception of their players are.

In saying that, like all clubs, there are some brilliant people who make a club a club, and I'm sure Merrivale have that in spades, all i'm talking about is what may be a small proportion of their playing group tarnishing their image around town. That's all.

And yes you're right, I wouldn't confront any of them because it really doesn't interest me that much, it's only footy, who gives a rats bum. What anyone does in their spare time is up to them, I just wanted to make a point.

i have nothing to do with merrivale but id be careful with those accusations thats all.......while i have had connections with a handful of clubs in the past the "perception" you speak of was never talked about or refered to!!! .........sounds like panmure are going all out to buy the flag.......proof that loyalty( and that goes for all clubs paying big money) has gone for good!!!

Pamure have heaps comming while Collegian have heaps going. Jarrod Gleeson Retired, Jerremy Gleeson Hawksdale, Gareth *sigh* Crawford Hamilton, Troy Richardson Hawksdale, 3 McCartney boys going back to Port Fairy, Dozer Keane Panmure, add Justin Lynch Shoulder Reco, Clinton Hall Retired, all of these guys played a big part in the warriors success last year.

south warrnambool premiership player nick johnstone has walked and signed with allansford.

Does anyone have any theories or predicted outcomes on the sacfl/vcfl review next year???

the western border league forum is going nuts with a rumour... check it out...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795931&page=63

BREAKING BIG NEWS.

this will be the last year of south west football league and also for western boarder.

there was a meeting this week with SWFL committee and next year there is going to be divisions in the vic from casterton to a 2/3 hour radius covering warrnambool, hamilton, portland areas. SA sides will stay in their state and cut ties with vic WBFL and likewise for vic sides. there will be 3 divisions and netball teams may not be playing at the same locations as their football clubs..

winning sides of the divisions move up to the next DIV and bottom teams drop down to the next DIV.

we will be playing under the AFL and no longer be apart of the VCFL.

i dont believe this is a good idea for the netball teams and football teams to be playing at diff venues. id like to see the club go across to diff ovals as a CLUB and not have 4 or so diff clubs playing at one venue. its said that this matter of the arrangement is yet to be finalized but it is all a go ahead regarding the divisions for 2013. all will be finalized by the end of this season.

i see daniel roche from Hawksdale has signed with Panmure. Will be a good get if he keeps fit. Last year he kicked 8.1 against the premiers and won the game for them. Good size and great set shot. Main aim for Panmure would be to keep weight off as when he was fat he really struggled

i see daniel roche from Hawksdale has signed with Panmure. Will be a good get if he keeps fit. Last year he kicked 8.1 against the premiers and won the game for them. Good size and great set shot. Main aim for Panmure would be to keep weight off as when he was fat he really struggled

The word is Roach looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane and is not fit, can kick a footy 60m and take a grab but no star. Panmure had 22 on the track last Wednesday night which is a far cry from 55 1st night in Nov, Merrivale is the same after the hype early days..... The Power will win 4 in a row with most improved Allanford making the 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back