2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to much talk happening on here.
Haven't heard much of a few clubs, anyone got any news on rovers, always a dark horse and they were not miles off last year. From what I have heard power will be better than last yr picking up 6 or 7 players and only losing 4 or 5 couple of them retirements. Old Collegians wont make the 5, losing quiet a few players, Merrivale will be the interesting one, surely they wont get the port fairy players which will hurt, they wont be as strong as last year, Dunno why those port fellas would sign two year deals, its their own fault. Panmure obviously gunna improve a hell of alot, but no schrama is a fair loss, okeefe will blow a fuse at least once just whether its at the opposition or his team whether he gets suspended or not. Allansford a bit of a dark horse, were a mile off last year but have picked up some handy players, should be competitive. Dennington could be back up the top half of the ladder with the players they are getting back. Havent heard much about Timboon, or any other clubs. If any1 has heard anythin they should post it on here.

Also why not try some predictions on top 5.
Panmure
Kolora - Noorat
Dennington
Merrivale
Rovers

Power to win 4 in a row though.

I'd hate to say it - but there is some serious daylight between what I think will be the top 2 teams (Panmure and Power) and the rest of the comp.

Merrivale are in worse shape then last year if you ask me, they've lost all their recruits either to cairns or won't be allowed to play because of clearances, and yet they've still lost Carter and Nestor also McInereney as well. bad efforts by the players they did recruit to just leave that quickly, and I would assume, take sign on fees. Still that's the way it goes.

I agree with Allansford being a dark horse and Collegians losing a lot will put them down the ladder.

For me:

1. Panmure - would anything less be deemed a failure do we think? so much $$$ spent
2. Kolora (but will win the flag)
3. Dennington - seem to have recruited a lot
4. Allansford - dark horse
5. Collegians - seem to always go well as a team rather than relying on anyone.

Big call leaving Rovers out of that 5 but haven't heard of anything much changing out there. Will still think they can win it with Wilson and 4 or 5 gun onballers, hasn't worked in the past and not sure why they persist with it. Maybe a new coach is due?

clubs can do what they like but the power will win the flag......panmure were relying on compensation for the floods to pay players but didnt get anywhere near what they hoped.....at best theyll grab 3rd....cant see allansford doing anything, collegians to struggle..rovers at best to grab 5th...merrivale will be about!!!

Heard some rather disturbing news yesterday that will probably mean the end for everyone's season (except Kolora's) - Ben Fraser is back playing with the Power this year. Can anyone confirm that??

Also I noticed on the clearances that Dennington have got both Luke Duncan and Chris Keilar back this year. That changes things up a lot for mine.

Dennington, Power and Panmure all to be at the top of the ladder much like 2010.

up for grabs from 4th to 8th on the ladder though which will be interesting to watch.

Heard some rather disturbing news yesterday that will probably mean the end for everyone's season (except Kolora's) - Ben Fraser is back playing with the Power this year. Can anyone confirm that??

Also I noticed on the clearances that Dennington have got both Luke Duncan and Chris Keilar back this year. That changes things up a lot for mine.

Dennington, Power and Panmure all to be at the top of the ladder much like 2010.

up for grabs from 4th to 8th on the ladder though which will be interesting to watch.

ha.....thats old news

Wow - nice to be back. Travelling Europe and Africa for two years and a fair bit has happenend. Fraser obviously made the difference for Power but their side last year probably the weakest for a few years to win a granny (except for young Bourke.... I think that was his name - is he playing for Falcons this year??).
If Panmure can keep them all on the park then they will be hard to beat. Tocka is a top 5 Hampden player who gets his own ball so he will have a massive impact!!!!!
Merrivale made big impact early but due to departures and clearances knocked back will be similar to last year. Big money to a couple of quality Hampden players is money well spent - at least they are senior players and not disgruntled reserves players.
Smokey - has to be Allansford - great recruits. Sam Burchell the latest (according to Sporting Pulse). Don't know much about Johnstone as he entered and left during my time away but apparently can play??? Interested in feedback.
Rovers???? Timboon??? Good to see B Hickey back but need a couple more to have a real crack. How did Clements go coaching last year.
Dennington have to old crew back - not sue how far off they have been the last couple of years.
WDFNL is a great comp - how about East - new name and new coach. Can they change things around??
Sorry to ask soooo many questions but J Gleeson - where is he going?? Old Coll this year??? Don't really know that many players from last year but apparently many are leaving.
Happy to receive feedback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back