GFL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

little boy

Debutant
Aug 17, 2010
geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
with the season just around the corner what are the predictions for the upcomming season,eg premiers,wooden spoon,finals,best and fairests ect

with the season just around the corner what are the predictions for the upcomming season,eg premiers,wooden spoon,finals,best and fairests ect

My Rough Tips

Premiers - Bell Park
Wooden Spoon - North Shore
Top 5 - In order, Bell Park - South Barwon - Marys - Joeys - Leopold
BNFS
Bell Park - Jackson Sheringham
Colac - Dean Felekas
Newtown - Matt McMahon
Joeys - Paul Carson
Marys - Ben Lavars
Leopold - Brandon Howarth
Lara - Kane Smith
Grovey - Mitch Montgomery
Albans - The Coach?
G West - Kevin Bourke
North Shore - Lindsay Scown
South Barwon - Paul Sullivan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woulda been great to see joeys lose aswell. Did Robertson cop it from the sidelines?

Not that I heard.

Wasn't a big crowd given it was up agaisnt a Geelong home game.

If Robertson was worried one of the tamest sets of fans in the league in West Saints were going to give him a bit of rib then the soft **** should just **** off back to Melbourne and pretend he's a guitar hero in some trendy little tossbag wine bar.

Not that I heard.

Wasn't a big crowd given it was up agaisnt a Geelong home game.

If Robertson was worried one of the tamest sets of fans in the league in West Saints were going to give him a bit of rib then the soft **** should just **** off back to Melbourne and pretend he's a guitar hero in some trendy little tossbag wine bar.

Wont know what him when he comes out to Burdoo later this year!!
Well done to Joeys tho for confirming what the rest of us already knew.. Once a s**t club, always a s**t club.

Another fantastic game from North Shore on the weekend. The lead was out to 51 points before they took the foot off. James Byrne was absolutely dominant again. Would've have 40+ possesions, 15+ clearances and 5+ score assists to go with his 3 goals. Just fantastic.

and dont forget the 8 50 mtr penalties resulting in 5 or 6 North shore goals
They would have still won without the bias umpiring but ruined what should have been a close exciting game

North Shore has copped the bad end of umpiring for years and years. One game doesn't matter. And the way Lara were behaving, they were all deserved. I think someone is a little bitter on the loss.

Not bitter, North shore deserved the win
But a certain umpire should have retired years ago
All the penalties payed by the same person???
I thought the game was played in good spirits all day were you there???

Yes I was there. All umpires were fair. I think your second head got in the way of your view.

Yes I was there. All umpires were fair. I think your second head got in the way of your view.

'second head' - good one - you have clearly illustrated your level of intelligence by your recent posts.

No rational person at that game could explain what half the 50 metre penalties were for let alone argue they were fair.

Perhaps the umpire responsible for most of them read the Geelong Advertiser article in which Riccardi sooked about the 50 metre penalties against North Shore last week.

By the way, North Shore played some impressive, running, team football and deserved to win.

A lot better than St Albans. How bad are they going? Got the spoon all sewn up for 2011. How will they ever win a game to get of the bottom? Can they play newcomb power over the Queens birthday weekend so they can sing their song?

A lot better than St Albans. How bad are they going? Got the spoon all sewn up for 2011. How will they ever win a game to get of the bottom? Can they play newcomb power over the Queens birthday weekend so they can sing their song?

I know that people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones but is there any plans in place at St Albans? They seemingly draw a line in the sand before every season and continually start from scratch. Everyone has kicked Nth Shore whilst they were down and many revelled in their decline but it has been great to see that they have had long term plans in place and it is fantastic for them and the competition that they have improved out of sight this season. St Albans however have been worse than woeful over the past 5 years or more with absolutely no sign of improvement whatsoever and time and again, as I said, start over again. What is going on out there?

I know that people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones but is there any plans in place at St Albans? They seemingly draw a line in the sand before every season and continually start from scratch. Everyone has kicked Nth Shore whilst they were down and many revelled in their decline but it has been great to see that they have had long term plans in place and it is fantastic for them and the competition that they have improved out of sight this season. St Albans however have been worse than woeful over the past 5 years or more with absolutely no sign of improvement whatsoever and time and again, as I said, start over again. What is going on out there?

Could not agree more!

Here would be my plan.

1. Actually pay decent money for some players for once.
2. Replace or get rid of that idiot former President (don't know his name but he was recently awarded GFL Life Membership), he is holding the club back more than anything.
3. Play the up and coming kids and work to a plan over the next 4 years to continue doing that (Kids will come if they see themselves getting given a go)
4. Recruit a high profile coach who can bring some decent players, last years coach was a dud and bought duds with him

I really hope they can turn things around it is painfull to watch.

Browny,
Yes they have been poor and have been for a long time. However you are also right in suggesting you shouldnt throw stones...
In regards to St Albans, they need to get off field right first of all and get structures in place.
It is not for a lack of money they are bottom as they have been known to throw ridiculous money at average players.
The good clubs(ie Sth Barwon, Bell Park, St Marys) get the better recruits due to a number of reasons. 1 is obviously they can afford them, but a big part is they have success and are known to have good structures. Regardless of who coaches these clubs they will get recruits.
What happens at poor performing clubs is that they get desperate for players and actually recruit a coach who they think will bring players. This happened with Davenport and word from within the club was that it happened with Cavedon. It creates a vicious cycle as when that coach leaves they are back to square 1!
They probably need to bite the bullet and give a good development coach 3 years and pump the money they are over spending on out of town recruits into their junior system. They are not winning anyway so they may as well work with juniors, and get everybody at the club to work in the 1 direction.
But also BrownSugar, West need to make sure they dont end up like St Albans. The player turnover over summer was ridiculous and they cant afford that again at the end of this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back