2012 afl draft which club came out the best ?

Remove this Banner Ad

we picked up an absolute bargain at 56 in daniel currie, who is a young but fairly developed ruckman, credit to the swans. havent seen much of garner (17) but heard hes impacting games which is good. mason wood is a mobile key forward, just another one to the plethora that we have. mitch wilkins looks alright too.

Yeah.

Now is the perfect time to look back at the most recent draft to get an accurate idea of who did well. Much better than waiting until most have had a chance to play.
Why cos joe d has not played yet?? Everyone knows he is a gun!

Would have to say the dogs but that's cause the rest of their list is average and they can get a game

Vlastuin is looking the goods - not sure how he slipped to 9 but certainly happy to have him :thumbsu:

McBean has been killing it in the VFL for a skinny rake. Could be a player in a few years

Vlastuin looks like a gun for us. Not too sure about McIntosh. He is a bit of a middle player at 191cm and 85kg. Probably not big enough for KP, but not agile enough for midfield. McDonough looks okay as a midfield/small forward.

McBean looks like a diamond in the rough. Hasn't kicked any less then 2 goals in any of the VFL games he has played. Has kicked 19 goals in 7 games at VFL level. 202cm and 93kgs so he probably won't be AFL size until 2015.

Most of our guys look like they'll have decent careers at this stage. Not sure if that's because the rest of the list is so bad or not though. Our 2012 draftees that haven't got a game yet have been outshining our other blokes in the VFL with numerous bests at Williamstown.

Macrae, Hrovat, Stringer, Hunter, Prudden all look the goods at this early stage.

Stevens, Young, Lower, Goodes are all best 22 players as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall, we have improved our list and I'm very happy with our selections.

Simpkin - Delisted Free Agency
Been racking up solid numbers and has performed well as sub. Solid depth player, hard to drop though as he's been playing well.

Lake - Trade 21>27, 41
God send with Schoenmakers going down. Shame we can't see them play in the same team until next year. The pick downgrade is irrelevant as we got our man still with the downgraded pick.

Anderson - Trade Gilham, 28>29, 65>68
Anderson's been a rising star nominee, love his attack on the ball. Only cost us a depth player in Gilham, who could have walked to GWS in the draft anyway. Pick downgrades are only minor and didn't affect us at all.

Spangher - Trade 66>72
Cheap option to cover Gilham as KPD depth. Also, more versatile and doubles as KPF depth. Performed well upon call up.

O'Brien - ND 28
Brand - ND 66
Both have been kicking goals in the undefeated development squad. O'Brien even signed a contract extension.

Ceglar - RD 15
Been surprised with his output. Could earn himself an upgrade, seems on par with Lowden who is a chance to debut.

we picked up an absolute bargain at 56 in daniel currie, who is a young but fairly developed ruckman, credit to the swans. havent seen much of garner (17) but heard hes impacting games which is good. mason wood is a mobile key forward, just another one to the plethora that we have. mitch wilkins looks alright too.
Can not wait for Garner to debut. I would consider going to the game so i can just watch him. I love a bolter and i reckon he could be anything.

Would have to say the dogs but that's cause the rest of their list is average and they can get a game
Not really, more to do with them all earning a spot, Macrae had a few 30 disposal VFL games before coming in and has been racking up 20 touches a game in the AFL, Stringer kicked 5 before getting his chance and started great but tired the last couple of weeks (pumped to watch him after the break) while Hrovat was injured for a lot of the preseason but still had a couple of 30 possies VFL games before getting the chance.

Prudden and Hunter both started in the VFL ressies but within a couple of weeks were in the seniors and were killing it, but Prudden is out for a few weeks, he will debut before the end of the year though for sure and Hunter has been one of our best and most consistent VFL players all year, I'd say he is averaging 20 + disposals and 2 goals a game at the moment. Has been in the bests every week that I can recall, just needs an injury in our team to break into the AFL I reckon, definitely deserves it.

So I'd say most of these guys would have debuted for most teams but yes it definitely does help them that we are s**t :p

Yes Themightydoggies we get it you are rapt with our draft, as all dogs supporters are and you're allowed to be excited, but its kinda obvious you just want people to say "dogs did well" (as you can tell from the numerous polls on the poll board you've made, i.e, Stringer vs Wines, Macrae vs Whitfield and so on... not to mention this thread...), seriously its been 10 rounds, for all we know we could have the worst draft out of any club.

kind of like Jack Hannath who we picked up in the rookie draft & is currently playing AFL :thumbsu:

Not really, more to do with them all earning a spot, Macrae had a few 30 disposal VFL games before coming in and has been racking up 20 touches a game in the AFL, Stringer kicked 5 before getting his chance and started great but tired the last couple of weeks (pumped to watch him after the break) while Hrovat was injured for a lot of the preseason but still had a couple of 30 possies VFL games before getting the chance.

Prudden and Hunter both started in the VFL ressies but within a couple of weeks were in the seniors and were killing it, but Prudden is out for a few weeks, he will debut before the end of the year though for sure and Hunter has been one of our best and most consistent VFL players all year, I'd say he is averaging 20 + disposals and 2 goals a game at the moment. Has been in the bests every week that I can recall, just needs an injury in our team to break into the AFL I reckon, definitely deserves it.

So I'd say most of these guys would have debuted for most teams but yes it definitely does help them that we are s**t :p

Yes Themightydoggies we get it you are rapt with our draft, as all dogs supporters are and you're allowed to be excited, but its kinda obvious you just want people to say "dogs did well" (as you can tell from the numerous polls on the poll board you've made, i.e, Stringer vs Wines, Macrae vs Whitfield and so on... not to mention this thread...), seriously its been 10 rounds, for all we know we could have the worst draft out of any club.
You had a s**t load of picks you should have done alright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back