Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Im not disagreeing with you Drummond. I agree he wasnt 100% tonight. But you have to agree he did go way overboard with it. There was nothing wrong with his leg. He grabbed his leg when he had trouble breathing. You cant argue that he doesnt go overboard.
Perhaps, but until we hear from him when he is asked about it, can't really say anything with authority.

Clearly Djokovic was not 100% tonight. I mean he defeated his opponent in straight sets, someone who he has lost to 5 times in 11 matches.

Love watching Djokovic play tennis by the way. He is an absolute gun and the best player in the world of the last 15 months. Just the way he acts sometimes with his apparent "injuries" annoy me.
They have met 3 times at the Slams, 3-0 in favour of Djokovic and all 3 were 3 setters...

It's called 'form'.

I like 90% of your posting, but you always turn into a complete clown as soon as we get to the pointy end of a slam.

And you're not the only one. As soon as we get to the QFs, half the posters in here mutate from polite and knowledgable tennis watchers into raging fantards for one or another of the top 4. It's bizarre.
:D Can't really disagree with this.

Sharapova up next, which means I'm turning off. If it can't be Kim v Kvitova final, I hope it's Screamer 1 v Screamer 2. Would be epic.

Re: 2012 Australian Open: Part 2

Sharapova up next, which means I'm turning off. If it can't be Kim v Kvitova final, I hope it's Screamer 1 v Screamer 2. Would be epic.
Love the women's semis.

Azarenka, my favourite player vs the woman I could win $80 through. (Chucked $10 on her at $8 before tournament. Why not more? :rolleyes:)

And Kvitova, who I really, really like vs Sharapova who I thought would win after seeing her live in R1.

Why the hell are they going to show Sharapova when there is live mixed doubles match on? They used to always show doubles.

Why the hell are they going to show Sharapova when there is live mixed doubles match on? They used to always show doubles.

It's really frustrating. They don't show anything except the finals these days.

Would love to watch more of the latter stages of the men's dubs in particular.

Great lineups in all semi finals. For the women tomorrow it is hard to pick both matches. Clijsters has not been that impressive, but has got the job done. Do not think she has played a great match yet, but she will need to in order to defeat Azarenka. Can Azarenka break through for her first slam singles final? It would not surprise me if she does. I am going to go with Azarenka in 3 sets.
Kvitova-Sharapova is another great match up. If you look at Sharapova across the entire tournament so far, she has been very good. Kvitova not been as good as Sharapova, but still playing well. As opposed to the Wimbledon final, there is more pressure on Kvitova this time. I think Sharapova will win.
What is also intriguing is that I think any of Kvitova, Azarenka and Sharapova can get the #1 ranking.

Clijsters-Sharapova for me, I'm not backing Azarenka in a big match at a GS until she proves herself. Sharapova is playing better tennis than Kvitova.

I've switched off...

Okay so I wasn't as confident as I sounded but I wasn't pressing any panic buttons.

Still confident in the Murray game and I'm equally as confident he will meet Nadal in the final :)

Man I dispise this rat Ferrer.

You got to admit he's made the most out of his talent. Always got to respect that in a player.

Yeah, it's odd.

Drummond is a massive Hewitt fan, another who has made the most out of his talent. Ferrer is that sort of player too, so I'd have thought Drummond would be one to respect Ferrer.

Anyway...

When was the last time Federer was favourite against Nadal?

As much as I'd prefer Rog to win, I reckon Nadal will probably beat him.

Form goes out the window for Federer when he comes up against Nadal. It's a completely different proposition for him, no matter how good he's looked in the rounds leading up.

Clijsters-Sharapova for me, I'm not backing Azarenka in a big match at a GS until she proves herself. Sharapova is playing better tennis than Kvitova.

I'm going with Clijsters-Kvitova.

Vika has been playing very well, striking the ball beautifully, but if things get tight today, I expect Clijsters will hold her nerve better. Clijsters in 3 tight sets.

My Kvitova pick is more in hope than anything else, since although Kvitova is playing well, Sharapova is simply playing better. Even so, when both at their best I think Petra has another gear she can go to and I'm backing her to find it today. Kvitova in 3.

As for the men, I'm going with Djokovic-Federer.

Assuming that whatever hampered Novak tonight is minor, I expect him to be too strong for Murray. With the exception of tonight's second set, Djokovic is simply defending too well and hitting his backhand with too much precision for Murray to take him out over 5 sets. I expect Lendl's coaching to eventually benefit Murray enormously (a slam in the next 12-18 months) but there simply hasn't been enough time for any of these benefits to come into play yet. Novak in 4.

I never feel comfortable predicting Fed to defeat Rafa given their relatively lopsided rivalry, but Federer has been in sparkling form all tournament and Nadal has really looked a step below his best, with the exception of the 4th set against Berdych. I think that given Federer's form, if he takes an aggressive mindset into the match, he'll be too strong for Nadal. If he reverts back to the conservative mode he normally uses against Nadal and gets sucked in to letting Rafa dictate the play, the end result will be Rafa's forehand pounding Fed's backhand all match long, and we all know who comes out on top when that happens. I'll probably be disappointed yet again, but I'm backing an aggressive Federer to come out tonight. Fed in 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put a couple of doubles on pre-tourny to keep my interest of Azarenka/Nadal and Sharapova/Nadal. Happy to still have them in play....even if it's just for another day.

As much as I respect someone who gets 100% out of himself like Ferrer, I'm glad the clear top 4 are still in it. It doesn't happen regularly.

Ferrer, ultimatly, doesn't have enough weapons to trouble the top guys in the big matches. I'm thinking Nadal v Djokovic final, and hoping the two shriekers are knocked out and Kvitova is no.1 by Sat night.

Im thinking Clijsters and Sharapova in 3. And i hope so aswell. The Maria to win the final and take number 1.:heart:

As much as I respect someone who gets 100% out of himself like Ferrer, I'm glad the clear top 4 are still in it. It doesn't happen regularly.

Ferrer, ultimatly, doesn't have enough weapons to trouble the top guys in the big matches. I'm thinking Nadal v Djokovic final, and hoping the two shriekers are knocked out and Kvitova is no.1 by Sat night.
I would think that the top 4 or 3 out of top 4 are in the semis the majority of the time at Grand Slams for the men.

I would think that the top 4 or 3 out of top 4 are in the semis the majority of the time at Grand Slams for the men.

They are usually, just take a look at the semis last year:

Aus Open: Federer/Djokovic, Murray/ Ferrer (Nadal lost in the quarters)
French: Murray/Nadal, Federer/Djokovic
Wimby: Murray/Nadal, Djokovic/Tsonga (Federer lost in the quarters)
US Open: Murray/Nadal, Federer/Djokovic

That's pretty regular if you ask me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back