Fantasy 2012 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Atlanta should look at someone for about 5 positions in this draft. But OL is the biggest need.

Osemele played LT for Iowa State, if he practices good, he can have it, and I'll move Baker inside (or to RT). If not, RG is available for him to fall back into.

Jets taking Burfict in the 2nd round is ridiculous. Most teams have a 7th Rnd grade on him after the combine and his pro day. I love him, but wouldnt touch him anywhere before the 4th/5th.

I completely agree, he reminds me of Everson Griffen, but even worse. Griffen fell to the 4th round in 2010 after being touted as a possible first rounder and Burfict brings not only inconsistency but also ill discipline to his play. Some have said he is a penalty just waiting to happen.

Jets taking Burfict in the 2nd round is ridiculous. Most teams have a 7th Rnd grade on him after the combine and his pro day. I love him, but wouldnt touch him anywhere before the 4th/5th.

Yup..

Burfict stocks have crumbled BIG TIME. Still, Burfict in a Ravens jersey, just looks soooo right.

I can see Brandon Brooks as a super sleeper pick here. Can play both Guard & Tackle and that has pushed me to take him in R2. Funnily enough, comes from the same school as Big Ben.

[YOUTUBE]QiUcbhE8fTQ[/YOUTUBE]

There wouldn't be many players projected to go anywhere after the 5th round, that would have the fans that Burflict does. As big as his issues may be, I imagine supporters of basically every club would love him.

I know I'd take him at Cleveland. We'd have to draft some outside speed to go with him, but everyone wants that bit of attitude at the MLB position.

Thought I would have a tough decision ahead of me, between Sanders et al. The choice was essentially made for me.

Could have gone a few ways here (Pretty badly need a DT) but this is essentially 2 upgrades. Massie projects to be a good RT and is an upgrade over Franklin, and Franklin can move to left tackle which suits him much better and he will be replacing the horrible Beadles.

The O line would all of a sudden be much better. Still need a C though, but there are quite a few still on the board.

Maybe he wants to turn Iloka into an OLB or even CB?
I wouldn't do that.
FOr the Packers I'd keep him as the Safety.
Might work as a 4-3 OLB, but not a 3-4 OLB IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did want Iloka for Cleveland in this draft. Versatility and attitude is something we really need.

I would have his primary position at FS, and develop him properly there. But also throw him around a bit, let him come up and play as an OLB or even CB to man up on the opposition TE. Wouldn't suggest we stick him on the outside in a one on one situation, but that's not to say he couldn't be used in a similar role.

I could have gone any one of 3 different ways with the #59 pick, but ended up picking Harrison as he is pretty versatile (can play both safety spots), is a good tackler and seems to be someone whose stock is rising (his impressive Combine certainly would have contributed to that).

Plus the Ravens have nobody behind Reed and Pollard at safety

I might just be missing his selection but if the 49ers can get Coby Fleener this late in the second round for real I'd do cartwheels.

Considered WR, DB and guard here but nothing represented the value of Fleener. I think in reality the 49ers will find the offensive line and CB depth they need in later rounds.

There was no WR desrving of this pick so I took a TE that plays like a WR. Teaming up with Davis the 49ers now have a tandum that will give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares.

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous that Fleener was around at #60. He'd be a great fit in SF because Davis is a great all-round TE and Walker is a pretty good blocker, so Fleener's style (receiver >>> blocker) fits.

He was one of the players I seriously considered at #59, but the fact that he can't block all that well means he'd just be more of the same that we have now.

The Vikings were on the phone to the 49ers, but couldn't do a deal. Fleener was too tempting for Brasher to resist.

I would have tried the same deal with the Patriots, but was travelling home at the time.

I'm pretty sure the player I was targetting will go to either the Colts or Rams....

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State.

Fleener was the pick here til Brasher caught wind of him dropping (Which won't happen IRL)

Not a fan of the small school vibe, but he has the upside to roll with him here. OL is a massive need for us, dead last rushing last year and Eli was getting destroyed from every which direction. I don't really like any of the OTs, so even if we are getting rid of McKenzie, I can only see him being replaced by a late round project at best considering who is left available.

That, of course, leaves Silatolu to shore up the oline. Lets get the running game back to actually being semi-useful!

If one of the better WRs was still available, I would jump all over it, alas, not to be...

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State.

Fleener was the pick here til Brasher caught wind of him dropping (Which won't happen IRL)

Not a fan of the small school vibe, but he has the upside to roll with him here. OL is a massive need for us, dead last rushing last year and Eli was getting destroyed from every which direction. I don't really like any of the OTs, so even if we are getting rid of McKenzie, I can only see him being replaced by a late round project at best considering who is left available.

That, of course, leaves Silatolu to shore up the oline. Lets get the running game back to actually being semi-useful!

If one of the better WRs was still available, I would jump all over it, alas, not to be...
I almost grabbed him with the Falcons pick, was in final 2, that's for sure (if only Doug Martin fell :()

With that Colts pick, there were 3 positions I tossed up there, and if I were going for best available player, I probably would of gone in another direction, but there is more depth in either of the 2 other positions IMO that I can grab someone decent in the 4th. While the 2, maybe 3 best potential Nose Tackles could be gone by the 4th round. This is a massive need for the colts considering they're going 3-4, and I couldn't settle for a dud, so needed to jump in here and grab Ta'amu, even when I think there's better talent available in other positions.

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous that Fleener was around at #60. He'd be a great fit in SF because Davis is a great all-round TE and Walker is a pretty good blocker, so Fleener's style (receiver >>> blocker) fits.

He was one of the players I seriously considered at #59, but the fact that he can't block all that well means he'd just be more of the same that we have now.

Great take.

The 49ers ideally need a big body WR but with no stand out guys left they basically get this now with Fleener. I seee them using their mid round picks on guards, WRs and safties. I would have loved one of the stud RBs to drop here to but I think they save that position for early rounds 2013.

Seriously thought about the Sven trade too and would most likely have taken it had Fleener not still been there.

I almost grabbed him with the Falcons pick, was in final 2, that's for sure (if only Doug Martin fell :()

With that Colts pick, there were 3 positions I tossed up there, and if I were going for best available player, I probably would of gone in another direction, but there is more depth in either of the 2 other positions IMO that I can grab someone decent in the 4th. While the 2, maybe 3 best potential Nose Tackles could be gone by the 4th round. This is a massive need for the colts considering they're going 3-4, and I couldn't settle for a dud, so needed to jump in here and grab Ta'amu, even when I think there's better talent available in other positions.

Ta'amu is 1st/2nd round talent and to grab him in the third is awesome value, the Vikings would have taken him with the next pick and tried to trade up to get him. A big body to replace Pat Williams at DT wasn't found last season and Ta'amu not being available means I'll need a bit of time to assess my options.

Ta'amu is 1st/2nd round talent and to grab him in the third is awesome value, the Vikings would have taken him with the next pick and tried to trade up to get him. A big body to replace Pat Williams at DT wasn't found last season and Ta'amu not being available means I'll need a bit of time to assess my options.

I also had him second to Brandon Brooks who I think has more to offer (flex O-Lineman). You can't have 'em both so I took Brooks. Ta'amu will be a solid guard in the NFL, no doubt about it. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back