Fantasy 2012 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Guys, Im a bit busy at work today, so wont be able to update the board with any picks or PM anyone who is next up.

When i get home tonight I will update the board and in the OP of this thread I will to a Team by Team Breakdown of who they have picked.

The Vikings took BPA available from my list that included WR, OLB, ILB, SS, OG, DT and FS.

Markelle Martin is one of the top ranked senior safeties and will be a valuable inclusion in the backfield for the Vikings. He has good size (6'1", 198lbs) and is an excellent tackler

Just about all starting cornerback and safety positions could be up for grabs this season for the Vikings.

The Vikings took BPA available from my list that included WR, OLB, ILB, SS, OG, DT and FS.

Markelle Martin is one of the top ranked senior safeties and will be a valuable inclusion in the backfield for the Vikings. He has good size (6'1", 198lbs) and is an excellent tackler

Just about all starting cornerback and safety positions could be up for grabs this season for the Vikings.

Given some of the guys the Vikings had to start last year I would hope so Sven!

St Louis still lack a presence in the middle, but Dennard is just too good to pass up at this point. Despite the Rams signing Finnergan teams these days need two quality corners (at least).

Pretty sure Dennard won't make it this far in reality, St Louid would be pretty happy if he did.

St Louis still lack a presence in the middle, but Dennard is just too good to pass up at this point. Despite the Rams signing Finnergan teams these days need two quality corners (at least).

Pretty sure Dennard won't make it this far in reality, St Louid would be pretty happy if he did.

Dennard seems to be a draft slider.

IN jan he was touted in a few mocks as a late 1st, now most have him as late 2nd at best.

He had a bad bowl game and average combine..but he did have a good overall season.

I will be interested to see when he goes..

Given some of the guys the Vikings had to start last year I would hope so Sven!

In one game last year the Vikings had CBs Asher Allen and Benny Sapp as their starters. There'd be a number of college teams out there with better CB duos than that!

With that Colts pick, there were 3 positions I tossed up there, and if I were going for best available player, I probably would of gone in another direction, but there is more depth in either of the 2 other positions IMO that I can grab someone decent in the 4th. While the 2, maybe 3 best potential Nose Tackles could be gone by the 4th round. This is a massive need for the colts considering they're going 3-4, and I couldn't settle for a dud, so needed to jump in here and grab Ta'amu, even when I think there's better talent available in other positions.

I'm not a fan of Ta'amu as a 3-4 NT. While he has the size of an NT, he plays far more like a 4-3 UT, and I'm not sure he'll be all that good as a 2-gap NT

The Browns pick up Cam Johnson from Virginia.

Not sure he is necessarily the highest rated DE remaining, but I like him. He reminds me a bit of Jabaal Sheard, strong attack at the QB and solid against the run. Don't know if we'll target a DE this early, now that we picked up two veterans but we need a long term option there.

The last pick was made over 36 hours ago, and Chadwiko (the person next up) has been online since this post and the previous pick being made. Maybe its time to give Washington a group pick?

Yep washington will be auto picked.

I also pm'd chadwiko yesterday.

I will PM two other GM's about the player I pick and if its agreed upon I will post it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I see is him throwing a hissy after the very first pick, him declaring the whole thing a farce, and never posting in here again tho logged into the NFL Board (not just online) often enough to be aware of what's been going on (a 3rd round, etc).

People dedicating themselves to other sites is fine, but there's also people like you who could have told him about it on other sites, or as we know, people here have PM'd here and he has logged on AFTER those PM's have been sent but he hasn't replied to them either.

Your comment: "And any pick he makes would just be a random choice from another mock draft," also suggests that echoes his attitude, "yeah i know it's in a 3rd round, but i don't care, it was ruined when DB picked RG3 #1, and I've lost interest, would just be picking some random mock draft name, etc."

No sense of 'doing the right thing' even in contacting Catters or the people who already PM'd him, or you, to relay a message "just autopick the redskins im stepping down."

Taking those things into account, the "good story" is correct.

Jaguars wanted to select Alfonzo Dennard at CB, but he got taken, and in a way thankfully so, because the Jaguars still have some more equal CB prospects available in latter rounds, and instead take a highly-rated DE (Chandler Jones from Syracuse) who has slipped in the draft into their laps. The caliber of DE talent is not as much there as CB so it worked out well.

And Larkis....lol yep :thumbsu:

I only just checked my PM's now.

As this mock draft was only going to be two rounds when it was first proposed, and as the Washington Redskins don't have a pick in the second round, I didn't bother checking back after I made my pick.

And as far as 'making a mountain out of a molehill', or 'chucking a hissy fit', i'm not the one who posted a 232 word rant about a random person taking too long to make a third round selection on an internet forum mock draft.

Perspective; lets all get some, please.

:)

Oh, and case in point. From the first post in this thread;

Its around 6 weeks to the NFL draft so I thought it would be a good time to see if there was interest in this forum doing a 2 round mock draft.

What's worse is you sitting there and counting 232 words ;)

The point's about reliability in board activities. Checking in often, caring. It's fine having other activity sites to show dedication and reliability towards. This site is separate from other sites and other sites separate from here. If people put their hands up here for board activities the people who organize it and who participate in it expect everyone to be dedicated. Everything is treated separately and individually. When people go awol or continually let down others in fantasy leagues, tipping comps, and other board activities, it means they can't rely on them to include them in future. Just hoping as always that whomever puts their hands up for comps/etc shows commitment to not let down the others who are keen. There are no grudges, just current form to go on.

Eg, Dspeed and Mordikai are dedicated to some other fantasy sites and football forums, participate in their activities with dedication, but are also involved in comps here and show the same dedication. Same with Drd23 who moderates another football site, much bigger than this, involved in activities there, but also involved here and dedicated to both. Same when people were involved in GLB or MB but also in comps here, dedicated to whatever they ask/choose to participate in.

Anyway, the 3 day stalled draft is moving again now, not really worth arguing about, so moving back on topic discussing mock drafts and selections....

I put my hand up for a 2 round mock draft. I made my pick, then didn't check back over a friday and saturday.

Panties. Un-knot.

I put my hand up for a 2 pick mock draft. I made my pick, then didn't check back over a friday and saturday.

Panties. Un-knot.
EFA - Just trying to be lazy you were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back