Fantasy 2012 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2012 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft

Confirmed.

All teams taken bar Atlanta and New Orelans, who as i mentioned earlier only have late 2nd rounders. Unless someone really wants them im happy to auto those two with the BPA for each team.

As all spots are taken, we can look at starting this thing later in the week.

Once we come up with a commencement day and time I will post a new thread for drafting only. We can keep this as the discussion thread.

In the 1st post of the new thread I will post the draft list and all rules (eg how long between picks. After drafting PM'ing the next team)

I will also post links to a few mock drafts so people can get some info on potential players they could pick and each teams needs, even though most guys already know.

In regards to setting a draft date Im happy to have a majority consensus.

I suggest starting this Thursday 7.30pm ET. With 12 hours between picks??

But if the majority want to start a bit later, no probs we will go with the majority.

Pick 1 - Indianapolis.

Look I'm not going to ruin this using my mind, so I'll take Andrew Luck here

[YOUTUBE]HkclXUyOfSo[/YOUTUBE]

But I just want to go on record saying that unless the Colts make significant changes to A) Their gameplan, B) Their receiving corps C) Their offensive line D) Their offensive line tendancies and E) The running backs, Luck wont succeed here. RGIII is the perfect specimen for a team with so many problems around him, he's going to be better than Vick, and like Vick, is physically gifted enough to lift an average team up with him. Indy is just too weak accross the board to be able to help Luck. I for one wouldn't be suprised if he does a Carr, a very good talent thrown under a bus on day 1 and busts.

So I'll take Luck because that's what will happen, but if I were really in this situation, I would take RGIII

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take who you think is best for the Colts, as tho you WERE the GM.

You never know, Colts could draft RGIII, or Luck might refuse to go there, and so they end up with RGIII. The idea in the end too is to see how close we think about "our" teams we're drafting for, team needs etc, in comparison to the real GMs.

So, pick again....I've created a new thread just hang on, i'll bump it.

Who I think is the best fit?

The reason for this rather than Luck is that the COlts barely have an offence around the QB to help out. Offense Line is deteriorating, no running game.

Indianapolis is what Stanford is not.

Plus the COlts play alot of shotgun with everything spread out, while Luck was brought up in an old fashion pro offence. This offence will be foreign to him, while RGIII can just slot in, and he's got the head on his shoulders that can assimilate the plays.

his arm and athleticism is better than Luck's, RGIII is going to be better than Vick, while in this team, Luck, IMO, would just turn into the next Carr

You're just messing with us D B. I've already accepted we're going to have RGIII, the new messiah for the Skins, I can't alter my thought process now. :eek::p

OK, a further, serious question. Do you think Washington have the support that you believe Luck needs? Am I correct in interpreting what you're saying as Luck has good fundamentals and mechanics, but not a quick brain, or is not easily adjustable in style? Thanks

Well, this didn't take long to go off the rails.

I came on ready to say the Skins are taking RGIII, seeing as Riggy picked Luck... then I see that it's been editted.

So, I guess the Redskins take Andrew Luck, and this fantasy draft is unrealistic/nonsense from the very first pick.

Awesome start

You're just messing with us D B. I've already accepted we're going to have RGIII, the new messiah for the Skins, I can't alter my thought process now. :eek::p

OK, a further, serious question. Do you think Washington have the support that you believe Luck needs? Am I correct in interpreting what you're saying as Luck has good fundamentals and mechanics, but not a quick brain, or is not easily adjustable in style? Thanks

It'll be funny/ironic if Colts do take RGIII and DB once again out-thinks some of the BF think-tank :eek:
Redskins are on record saying they wanted to move up to #2 because they identified the best two players, and best two for them, were RGIII and Luck, and so they were in a position now to draft whomever was left out of them. That means they're not necessarily moving up to draft RGIII, but to draft one of the two, as long as there's still uncertainty who the Colts are going to draft and/or if Luck family pulls a Manning family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back