Fantasy 2012 BigFooty NFL Mock Draft - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

McNutt is added as a potential steal for the Giants to replace the loss of Manningham opposite Nicks. Decent height with deceptive speed and solid technique means that with a bit of grooming he should be able to move into the starting line up relatively soon with less pressure on him with Nicks and Cruz around to take the brunt of the focus. It also gives us the developmental prospect we need in case we struggle to retain both of the previously mentioned receivers (One of the reasons I think we will take Hill if he's available in the first).

Recent developments (Locklear) suggests that RB would be a wise move here but with Polk just taken and no real stand outs otherwise, I figured they would move onto the next position of interest. Chances are with Rivers picked up, Kiwi has potentially regained a DE rotational spot with Osi still up for trade. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if we pushed hard for an Osi trade, start LB with Williams-Boley-Rivers and Kiwi back to DE.

Toon and McNutt are both excellent late 3rd round pickups IMO, and it just shows how deep the WR class is this year.

You could argue there's no absolute stud in the entire group of WRs, but as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago there's plenty of 2nd, 3rd and 4th round talent.

and on a separate note - Turbin to the Raiders GG?

I'm fine with doing a 4th round but maybe it might be a good idea to PM everyone and check that they are still in?

If enough people still are we can always make the rest of the picks group picks or divide the rest of the teams between the remaining posters to keep this thing moving

If Moore isn't taken by the end of the 4th, I'll be the one laughing in 2 weeks time :p

I wished we could get this to 6 rounds though.

I want Tyler Shoemaker, but I don't want to make it EXTREMELY bias.

With Toon and McNutt off the boards, the Vikings go with Joe Adams from Arkansas. Adams had a great senior bowl (6 catches, 116 yards) and is one of the better route runners in the class with excellent initial quickness. A nice pickup in the 4th round IMO and good value at 98.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably shouldn't have, but I took Ladarius Green. Just thought he was the best player available, and too good an option to pass on in the 4th round. I know the Browns are interested in him (as both a TE and WR) and it wouldn't surprise me if we took him in the third round.

After drafting Richardson, Hill and now Green, there are no more excuses for Colt McCoy. Well except that giant hole at RT...

Its either him or Chase Minnifield at DB. Minnifield's stock has dropped heaps to the point that they are both likely to be taken around pick 100.

Minnifield is the better zone CB, Norman the better press CB. Norman is also a hell of a lot more raw, and probably has the bigger upside.

If Washington runs primarily a zone D, then Minnifield is probably the better pick for them. If not, then I'd go with Norman (who is higher on my rankings almost entirely because the Ravens run press/man coverage schemes)

Dolphins are stocking up on WRs. I was tempted to try to sneak Givens through to Cleveland's next pick, but thought I might have been pressing my luck a bit much, considering Givens could have gone much earlier.

Givens had ACL injuries in each knee in high school, and that injury history may see him drop further in the draft. He's a great prospect though.

I think Datko is great value in the fiurth, but I've heard that the medical concerns with his shoulder injuries may mean that in a worst case scenario he goes undrafted.

That being said, I've seen him as high as the 2nd round in some mocks.

Draftniks don't get access to the medical data that the teams get at the combine so he's definitely one that could be disappointed at the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back