Mega Thread 2012 Brownlow Medal discussion and tips etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the bookies screwed us all over last year hopefully this year there aren't any public discusions on the brownlow. So does anyone have any private forums to discuss the brownlow?

They sure as heck didn't screw some of us on this board over last year!

Unless you are taking a guy you fancy at massive odds such as
James Kelly @ $251 (tatts) or Ryan Griffen @ $501 (betstar but odds now adjusted) you really are better off watching & waiting until much close to the time--oh & ignoring all the hoopla that goes with the final 4-5 rounds when a guy gets 3 BOG's in a row....

I think after last year Ablett has got to be a huge chance. But.......

'11 Swan - Collingwood finished 1st
'10 Judd - Carlton 8th
'09 Ablett - Geelong 2nd
'08 Cooney - Bulldogs 3rd
'07 Bartel - Geelong 1st
'06 Goodes - Sydney 4th
'05 Cousins - West Coast 2nd
'04 Judd - West Coast 7th
'03 Goodes - Sydney 4th
Buckley - Collinwood 2nd
Ricciuto - Adelaide 6th
'02 Black - Brisbane 2nd
'01 Akermanis - Brisbane 2nd
'00 Woewodin - Melbourne 3rd.

So as you can see of the 14 Brownlow Medalists since the new millenium, all of the sides they played in made the top 8, and 11 of the 14 made the top 4. Doesn't bode well for the little master.

So as i believe the top 4 will be Geelong Hawthorn Collingwood and Freo (in no particular order) i would rate Selwood, Buddy, Pendlebury and Fyfe as 4 great chances.

So as i believe the top 4 will be Geelong Hawthorn Collingwood and Freo (in no particular order) i would rate Selwood, Buddy, Pendlebury and Fyfe as 4 great chances.

I think Freo have next to no chance of finishing top 4. But that doesn't mean the Fyfe can't win the Brownlow. Buddy wont win it because he likes to miss weeks through stupidity. Agree on Selwood and Pendles.

No mention of Sam Mitchell. Surely has to be a chance if Hawthorn are a force this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodes or Redden

LOL Redden. I'll give you odds of 1000 for $5 if you can be bothered to email Betfair to have him listed.

The best threats are

Shorties: Pendles, Ablett, Jobe
Mid-range: ASwallow, SThompson, Pavlich
Roughies: Rockliff, Montagna, BHarvey

Boyd has been around the mark for the past couple of years and could easily take it out if we can make finals.

I see no reason why Swan can't go back to back though.

brownlow will hinge on 1 thing this year, whether buddy gets suspended or not!! he will get the most votes!

Hey guys does anyone have an excel template for the brownlow?

Would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back