2012 Captaincy article

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it could deserve a thread of it's own considering it isn't bashing Port for a change.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-power-and-crows/story-e6frecj3-1226265150690

"He's done a good job in some trying circumstances so I don't think we'd be expecting a major (captaincy) change. But that will unfold in the next couple of weeks," he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/captains-lead-the-way-at-power-and-crows/story-e6frecj3-1226265150690

Personally I don't see a need to change Dom just yet. I think we all know Jackson will be our next Captain :) With Travis and Brad his side kicks.

2012: Dom (C) Boak, Trengove (VC) Brad (DVC)
2013: Boak (C) Trengove (VC) Brad and Pittard DVC
2015??: Brad/Wingard (C/VC) DVC ??? (spiritual leader would be Trengove)

Think Pittards leadership of some of the younger players and his media savvy knowledge is underrated

Good point about Pittard, but he's still raw (now) and yet to prove he will be a 200 game player (not saying he wouldn't as I like him), but I would hope 2012 is a consistent year for him to show us what he really has on the field and as a leader.

Honestly,

We have so many young leaders.

Boak, Hartlett, Trengove, Jacobs, Wingard, Pittard, Brad.

I would be happy to have any of the above as our Captain tbh. Though would think one of Boak or Trengove would be next.

Honestly,

We have so many young leaders.

Boak, Hartlett, Trengove, Jacobs, Wingard, Pittard, Brad.

I would be happy to have any of the above as our Captain tbh. Though would think one of Boak or Trengove would be next.

Great problem to have

2012: Dom (C) Boak, Trengove (VC) Brad (DVC)
2013: Boak (C) Trengove (VC) Brad and Pittard DVC
2015??: Brad/Wingard (C/VC) DVC ??? (spiritual leader would be Trengove)

Think Pittards leadership of some of the younger players and his media savvy knowledge is underrated

If Boak was to be captain I'd like to think he'd last more than 2 years. I can see Wingard taking over further down the track but not until Boak is where Dom will be in a year or two.

I know Brad isn't Chris Judd but Judd went to a new club and automatically was Captain.

Brad has been 4 years in the system and was U18 Captain, if he is showing such good leadership on the track I can't see why he couldn't be a DVC. Trengove is a Captain after 2 years! How devoid of leadership other clubs must be!

If Boak was to be captain I'd like to think he'd last more than 2 years. I can see Wingard taking over further down the track but not until Boak is where Dom will be in a year or two.

All comes down to Boaks preference really

WIth a good 2012 Surajn could be back into contentions for the leadership group post 2013

And on the point about Pittard, think he will become a 200 game player, i expect him to be and i think he's shown that he can.

Trengove is a Captain after 2 years! How devoid of leadership other clubs must be!
Don't forget about when Carlton drafted Bryce Gibbs and put him in their leadership group for his first year on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For 2012, I'd like:
Dom
Boak, Schulz, and Trengove.

Think Schulz is pretty underrated as leadership material, may not be a big vocal leader or media personality, but leads by example on the field*

*Most of the time.

Then I hope we can find some damn LEADERship out on the ground this year.

Certainly didn't seem to be so many leaders out there last year.
Pred speaks the truth. Talking the talk and fronting the media is one thing. When any of them start walking the walk - consistently - then they can be called leaders. Right now I'm struggling to think of any players who consistently put in and tried to pull the team back, even when everyone else had turned to doing their best impression of the Stay Puff Marshmellow man (and not the I'm going to eat New York version).

They'll probably have the Hoff in the leadership group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back