Injury 2012 Carlton Injury List Update - Keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldnt rush him, expecially as we have the bye after

Normally I'd agree but its a break, not a soft tissue. .. If it has healed then giving him a run this week to help re-find touch and then the Bye to recover in the twos for match fitness and then he could be good to go for the Hawks game. ..

You'd think it's on the brink of being career ending if he has to get epidurals (sp?). Can't see Waite playing another 2 years of football. Need to start planning as if he were retired.

If Waite was to retire at years end what is the go with his contract?
Do we pay it out or what?

Murphy is out of his sling, so he's free to tweet with both hands. :thumbsu:

Avo6yqcCQAIK1cb.jpg

Only missing five of our best 22 plenty of sides missing that many or more.

BRIB my post was in reference to the injury list that was up, it had Scotland, Carazzo and Russell as Test, and Laidler as two weeks. I am sure you will agree some handy players in that bunch.

I am also not sure what the relevance of how many are missing from other sides is, at no point did I mention injuries being a problem or an excuse, nor was I attempting to imply such things, what I was mentioning is the clear importance for the club to keep playing the youngsters I listed. The last month has taught us all some things about our young players and there are some positives that have come with that.

Hope this comes through a little clearer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy fine in 4 weeks :thumbsu:

The sling’s gone, the spring’s back in the step and Carlton’s elite midfielder Marc Murphy is optimistically flagging a return to the fray in four weeks.

Speaking on the AFL’s Access All Areas program, Murphy effectively said he’d be running out for the Round 17 match against the Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium, as his recovery from a compound fracture of the left shoulder continues.

Murphy fine in 4 weeks

Great news. Hope we dont rush him back, but if he is fit that would be fantastic.

Baring any more injuries we could be full strenght by then. If we can roll some wins together over the next 4 weeks then get a real run on the last 7 round we could hit the finals in some form. Not a side in the comp that wouldn't fear coming up against a full strength, in-form Carlton during the finals!

Great news. Hope we dont rush him back, but if he is fit that would be fantastic.

Baring any more injuries we could be full strenght by then. If we can roll some wins together over the next 4 weeks then get a real run on the last 7 round we could hit the finals in some form. Not a side in the comp that wouldn't fear coming up against a full strength, in-form Carlton during the finals!

I had an interesting conversation with a friend who was operated on last week by the same surgeon who fixed both Carrots and Murph. The surgeon also has ties with the Bombers and said it was not surprising that Carrots was injured so badly, as the new tackling technique the Bombers have been taught over summer by "The Weapon" involves them twisting the hips of the player before driving them into the ground. Designed to hurt the player as much of possible.

Obviously 3rd hand information but pretty poor form if true.

I think we have every right for some payback on the return match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back