Live Event 2012 Draft Night Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit watching draft on foxtel felt a little underwhelmed but having watched the videos of our picks feel alot better . Vlaustin will be a 10 year player, really liked the look of mc Intosh might just be another tall running mid , mc Donough goalkicking fwd /mids can't have enough of them .mc Bean is a long term project not totally sold but can see why very athletic for a 203 cm ruck / fwd. But one thing they all have in common they can all kick the ball !!!!! So welcome to tigerland Vlas and the 3 Mac's !!!!!

How about people like you just letting people like us vent and express diverse opinions on an internet discussion board and stop interjecting with smartarse cliched "club knows best" remarks and jumping on anyone who has a view you don't like just because they may not be an accredited employee of the AFL or journalist and haven't sat through thousand of hours of junior games & footage. Most of us have however followed the game & this club for decades, which may not count for much in your eyes, but means something to us and earnt us the right to have a voice.

If you can't manage that simple thing then make use of the ignore function and quit bitching about our bitching. We're no less passionate about this club than any of you good two shoes agree-with-everything supporters. So maybe try and indulge us and our rantings & ravings that may or may not be, uneducated, irrational & driven by emotion and excuse us for giving a s**t about RFC and where it's headed.

**** me mate.. Congratulations that is one of the biggest pile of drivel I have read on this board..
Anyone who could be bothered coming to BF to discuss their club obviously gives a s**t about the where the RFC is heading..
The shear volume of keyboard list management 'experts' on this site is becoming really frustrating considering we all know 99% of the posters know sweet **** all.
We all support the club pal..

I think the club also considered that in 2014 we will have our own reserves so we can develop some of these players a lot better than previous years.

I seriously reckon this is a large part of why our late picks have been duds. Good call

My final rankings
6. Nick Vlastuin - 187cm - 86kg - Mid - Northern Knights
26. Liam McBean - 203cm - 87kg - KPF/KPD/Ruck - Calder Cannons
45. Matthew McDonough - 180cm - 84kg - Fwd/Mid - Woodville West Torrens
59. Kamdyn McIntosh - 192cm - 85kg - Def - Peel Thunder
So, other than your ranking of Kamdyn, you must think we did ok from our picks?

7. Nick Vlastuin
29. Liam McBean
32. Kamdyn McIntosh
52. Matthew McDonough

Final Rankings

Looks like you ranked these guys the same as our guys did, only McDonough you rated a little lower which is hardly surprising given how much the draft opened up towards the end of the 2nd round.

I agree no one wouldve picked these guys up. 1 midfielder out of 7 players added to our list.

Because afl.com.au didn't put them in their mock draft?

Most of the phantom drafts made by those who watch junior footy on the main board had McBean, McIntosh and McDonough going around the mark we took them.

What is your expertise? Why are you convinced our recruiting staff are wrong?

Tigerbob - I know the recruiter said Ruckman but McBean will be playing KPD for the Richmond Football Club
Think of him either as a Jackson Trengove or an Defender version of Tyrone Vickery.

Do you agree with my summation about what we would of thought of our drafting if we had selected as i posted ?

Recruiters including Frank have said we needed a ruckman on the list hence his selection. He may play KD in the future but he will be developed as a ruckman. That is from the clubs mouth tonight. Not a Key Defender, they don't see him there and to be honest, maybe part time but nor do I.

We had a good draft. GWS stole the show, Collingwood did well, as did Carlton. If we had got Membrey instead of McDonough I would have a similar reaction to now. I don't know how far he would have lasted to be honest.

I think we are one of the winners of the night. That's enough for me. A lot rests on McBean becoming a player. If he does this draft is an A+. If he doesn't its a B. I am confident the other three will be good players for us. He is the question mark.

Looks like you ranked these guys the same as our guys did, only McDonough you rated a little lower which is hardly surprising given how much the draft opened up towards the end of the 2nd round.

Re-thinking now... :D

Would have probably had McDonough in front of Ballard, Lowrie, Ashby and McGennis. Giving him a healthy ranking of 47. (Repeated O'Brien twice)

So why did we tell the world we'd be drafting at least 3 mids , but only drafted one? :confused:
Finally got the bottom of why you're acting like a spoiled princess. How dare the club not be completely truthful in what they were looking at drafting with the other 17 clubs looking for any clues of how each clubs shortlist could look.

I'm actually really happy with how we've gone.

LOVE Vlas! Just what the doctor ordered. He'll be a 200+ game captain of the future.

LOVE McDonough! I really wanted him pre draft and I'm stoked we've landed him. Kid will be a gun, mark my words. And despite spending a lot of time forward I see him as a midfielder resting forward in the long term, not unlike Chapman. Would have been happy for us to spend 31 or 33 on him.

I really like McIntosh too, classy Grimes type. Haven't seen heaps of him but I like what I have seen. Classy disposer and smooth mover.

McBean is the one that threw me. I was a fan earlier in the year before I realized he basically never plays ruck, so he's a ludicrously tall backman/swingman, not sure if he'll transition to AFL. But once again, haven't seen heaps of him so I'm excited to see what he turns into. Needs to bulk up obviously and get a bucketload more physicality into his game. If he can do those 2 things then I think he's got a very high ceiling as a tall prospect. Probably would have preferred we pick up someone like Atkins or Graham here, but then my ratings must have been way off given where they ended up! :confused:

Overall I'd give us a solid 8 out of 10. Two (long term) inside mids, one that can pinch hit back and the other forward, a classy backman, and a... Um... Tall dude.

GO TIGES :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that report button, sure comes in handy when dealing with abusive idiots who can't help getting personal.:thumbsu:
SAD-ARKANSAS-FAN.gif

Richmond Draft Joke (1).jpg

McDonald's is proud to announce their new sponsership with Richmond will mean the arrival of three new meals to their menu:

The McBean Value Meal
Kidney beans, baked beans, Mexican jumping beans, if it's a bean it's on this burger!
(High number of string beans likely to be included)
Price: Draft Pick 33

The McIntosh Value Meal
Although jam packed with quality ingredients it is quite similar to the recently arrives Chaplin Caesar Salad...
Anyhow it's sure to be a hit anyway!
Price: Draft Pick 31

The McDonough Value Meal
Donuts, Donuts and more Donuts! This meal is excellent value for money and boy will it excite your senses!
Price: Draft Pick 42

Pop in to your nearest Mcdonalds today!
duna dun dun da lovin' it!

Let's think this through a bit shall we?

Who's more likely to know more about finance or economics? The person paid to be one or the person who has NFI?

Are you paid to be one? and if not - do you still worry or express concern about the economy? Anyway we can around in circles forever arguing semantics, so I'll end it there.

That's the point of my comments to those sooking about who we drafted. The point of my comments to you are that you ought to lighten up a bit. It's really not healthy (IMHO) to be so negative about everything.

I'm sceptical and after so long I tend to get more and more frustrated, but you'll find i'm not totally humourless like say santa was.

Still, if I was in the stand with you at a Tigers match i'd still want to buy you a beer. Truce?

Likewise & yes.:thumbsu:

**** me mate.. Congratulations that is one of the biggest pile of drivel I have read on this board..
Anyone who could be bothered coming to BF to discuss their club obviously gives a s**t about the where the RFC is heading..
The shear volume of keyboard list management 'experts' on this site is becoming really frustrating considering we all know 99% of the posters know sweet **** all.
We all support the club pal..

Of course everyone here is - I assume - sorry I should've finished that post with "as well". Doesn't mean the place should be a groupthink.

And yes most of us are of course nothing more than keyboard experts - and in the old days we were just armchair experts who knew even less - but it wouldn't be a very interesting forum if we weren't and were all just passive bunch of parrots too scared to offer up anything.

Talking to the recruiters, he was definitely recruited as a ruckman mate.

McGuane should be gone once Elton steps up.

McBean needs a lot of size and development, we have Maric, Vickery (important for forward structure) and Derickx. Richmond fans need to pray that we dont have an injured Maric next season, or no finals again.

McIntosh is a good talent, thought he would go to either Fremantle (got lucky with Simpson) or Sydney (they rated Towers really high). He dropped, I then had him at St.Kilda who went against a Tall Defender and Hawthorn got lucky with O'Brien dropping. He fell extremely far for us.

Excited by McDonough. Again, will need development, needs to increase his tank and conditioning, but very smart and elite user of the ball. Loves a goal too.

Vlastuin we all know about. Safe selection who will play Round One.

Don't think anyone can be too upset with this draft to be honest.

who spot does he take TB?

I'll do my best just for you but be warned, I have far better things to do than have an internet war with a wannabe recruiter so don't feel bad if I don't get back to you again.
Parting is such sweet sorrow....:(

Here is Knightmare's thoughts on our draft:

I would give Richmond either a B+ or out of 10 a 7/10. Solid draft. Vlastuin first round is a solid find and I like those other selections also. McIntosh and McDonough in particular I like and in my view present solid value.

McIntosh has the ability to find a role in the back half and has an impressive game and McDonough is a very powerful small forward with such strong marking ability and just finds the goals, if he can lean down looks like he could be something also.

McBean I'm not so sure was really a necessary selection, I don't see him developing into a ruckman at the next level - not super powerful, not super athletic and has the feel more of a tall key position player but if he can find a position then maybe it works out and certainly taken about where he should have been selected but in Richmond's situation not someone I would have taken.

In Richmond's situation I would have gone Grundy early instead of Vlastuin and I think hindsight will really show just how wrong all clubs were on Grundy, regardless of needs for not selecting him. A midfielder could have been had second round or a Membrey who also would have been a heck of a find in the 2nd round and while it's no surprise that he would have fallen as that undersized key forward with similar types falling in that past, I think if he gets the opportunity to develop through the midfield he could be something and Sydney have done well to get him in the 40s.

Finally got the bottom of why you're acting like a spoiled princess. How dare the club not be completely truthful in what they were looking at drafting with the other 17 clubs looking for any clues of how each clubs shortlist could look.

the thing is the club see 3 out of the 4 as potential mids anyway.

Re-thinking now... :D

Would have probably had McDonough in front of Ballard, Lowrie, Ashby and McGennis. Giving him a healthy ranking of 47. (Repeated O'Brien twice)
The only player that doesnt really make any drafting sens to me is McIntosh in regards to needs, Batchelor,Darrou,Grimes and even Dea to agree will be all competeing for the same role, I would of rather gone with Lowrie or Atkins at that pick even considering how late Atkins was taken and Lowrie missing out.
Inside/outside mid with Pace would of been better as far as i am concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back