Opinion 2012 draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Check Emma Quayle's twitter - she is angry at the facebook page re:Reimers.

Not surprised about their poor reporting, it is run by Collingwood flogs.

Considering I was clearing her name for someone's poor reporting, I don't think she'll mind ;)

088056-kyle-reimers.jpg
Don't even wanna joke about this!

Reckon a few might have taken some comments we/I made about Reimers out of context. Quote from Emma is: "I know Carlton have been taking a little bit of a look at Kyle Reimers but were always thinking 'well we won't sign him as a delisted free agent, we'll wait and see who's there at the draft."

We have looked at Reimers but we will not be selecting him if there is other young talent that fits the bill available, or another option that's better. We certainly haven't committed to selecting him by any stretch of the imagination. Amazed at how people take something and just run with it. Situations is simply if he is the best available option, we will take him. Not really that shocking.

Spread the word as Richmond may then jump in before us.

I still don't quite get that and am happy to be put straight.
We're selecting a senior player here who we know what they have to offer and there are no mysteries attached.
With Bell and Curnow almost certainly the nominated rookies, it's possible that Reimers may not be in a position to be called upon for senior action at all.

Frankly, I can't see the point.
We were talking about Garlett not Riemers :):):)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon have one pick left. They have committed to both Prismall and Steinberg. So who really knows what the hell is happening with list sizes this year, absolute joke.
We have a rookie spot left, which was promised to Steinberg, as well as a senior spot

So two spots left and one is committed to and the other in Prismall is to be picked up in the PSD?

Where does Garlett fit in?
I think the feeling is that Prismall will not be around by our pick. Apparently Bulldogs are interested, or so say the BF experts

Can you see Hird tolerating shenanigan's though?

I personally can't.
Nor can I. However we do have strong indigenous leaders in NLM and Dempsey, as well as Bomber Thompson, who has had success in straightening players out.

I hope if he is available, we give Garlett a crack. It's the last spot on out list, and if he fails, its no great loss. Anyone we pick now is a gamble.

That leaves us one short Bib.

Is it now compulsory to ill your list to a minimum of 44 players?
Our rookie list is full. We have 2 spots left on our list so if everyone is correct in that we can have 38 on our senior list and 6 rookies then adding Collins as a rookie leaves one rookie place left. I assume salary cap space dictates us going down this path. Is this why we can have nominated rookies on our list? This list management stuff is very confusing.

C4[2]Yo`DooR is Troy Menzel a new inductee to the Yugo But Not Yugo List?

Sydney's Harrison Marsh is a lock in though

marsh-harry-2012.jpg

Port's Mason Shaw

shaw-mason-2012.jpg

Can we start the 'face like a bloated a-hole list'?

Matt Jones of Melbourne
JONES_Matt.jpg

These are fantastic finds! I am happy to induct them!

They look like a basketball team from around Dandenong.

Essendon will probably pick him in the PSD. We wont be participating in the PSD, and only have pick 9 in the rookie draft with the other selection to be used on Collins.

They have committed to Prismall though?

"We passed on one of our picks and we have a pre-season pick," Hird told the club's website.

"We are under no illusion that if Brent is there then we will definitely be picking him. That is something we are still looking at."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/es...e-brent-prismall/story-fnelctok-1226523379115

Unless of course they anticipate the Bulldogs will snap him up first (God knows why?!).

Nor can I. However we do have strong indigenous leaders in NLM and Dempsey, as well as Bomber Thompson, who has had success in straightening players out.

LOL

Pardon my cynicism - but is this the same Nathan Lovett-Murray that was charged with drug possesion and driving whilst unlicensed?

I'm sure he'll be a fantastic role model for the impressionable Dayle Garlett. :thumbsu:

Nah, no chance.

Besides, I would rather get in a questionable character that would add more to filling a need .... such as Albert Proud.

Proud > Garlett.

Wow, that is a big call. You obviously know of what has gone done. I am interested to find out off you C4 if you can spare a chat?
Proud better than Garlett, interesting o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back