Opinion 2012 draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we have 2 more spots available on the list. Where we add them is up to us (senior list or rookie list) but I'm sure I remember hearing that we won't be participating in the PSD so they will likely be 2 rookies. Collins will almost certainly be one.......and I'm expecting Reimers to be the other.
Saints might beat us to the punch, but I'd rather look at Joel Tippett for a spot on the rookie list. Low risk, high reward selection if he steps up and can fill in for Jamison. Tom Lonergan has developed into a reliable big defender after starting forward.

I'd be tempted to overlook Collins to have a look at someone like Marvin Warrell as a make or break rookie selection pick. Club might prefer to go down the road of keeping Collins who does work hard and have elite fitness.

Saints might beat us to the punch, but I'd rather look at Joel Tippett for a spot on the rookie list. Low risk, high reward selection if he steps up and can fill in for Jamison. Tom Lonergan has developed into a reliable big defender after starting forward.

I'd be tempted to overlook Collins to have a look at someone like Marvin Warrell as a make or break rookie selection pick. Club might prefer to go down the road of keeping Collins who does work hard and have elite fitness.

Can we call him Ernest?

Found this on the drafts and trading board. Not sure about it's accuracy tho.

Anyone care to explain how the pre season draft and rookie draft order are determined?

PSD
1. GWS (Pass)
2. Essendon (or pick 8 in the rookie)
3. Adelaide (Joyce)
4. Sydney (Tippett)

Rookie

1. GWS
2. Gold Coast
3. Melbourne
4. Bulldogs
5. Port Adelaide
6. Brisbane
7. Richmond
8. Essendon (or that pick 2 in the PSD)
9. Carlton
10.North Melbourne
11. Fremantle
12. West Coast
13. Collingwood
14. Adelaide
15.Hawthorn
16. Sydney
17. GWS
18. Gold Coast
19. Bulldogs
20. Port Adelaide
21.Richmond
22. Essendon (Steinberg)
23. North Melbourne (Cam Richardson)
24. Fremantle
25. West Coast
26. Collingwood
27. Sydney
28. GWS (Pass)
29. Gold Coast (Pass)
30. Melbourne
31. Port Adelaide
32. Richmond
33. Collingwood
34. Sydney
35. GWS (Pass)
36. Gold Coast (Pass)
37. Richmond
38. Collingwood
39. Sydney
40. GWS (Pass)
41. Gold Coast (Pass)
42. Collingwood
43. Sydney
44. GWS (Pass)
45. Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found this on the drafts and trading board. Not sure about it's accuracy tho.

We have two spots to fill and that list has us doing it with one pick. Perhaps we are taking a Tasmanian and you are only allowed one head per pick...

Hey, I'm a Tasmanian so I can tell it, just like a negro can call another negro "ni&*er" but you better not, or else.

Edit: I actually typed the full N-word into my original attempt at this post and when it was up the computer had replaced it with "fellow"...boy oh boy I had no idea that pcs were so pc

8225686770_213c1b3a79.jpg

Port draft Cachia, only for him to smash Buckley Nason style in the pre-season. :eek:

Still can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect of recruiting a 24 year old who has been delisted by Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Would much rather give the opportunity to a kid who could develop into a better footballer.

Hopefully GWS take Kurt so Sydney take Joel.

Or perhaps Richmond will do us a favour and try and outsmart us by picking JT before we get the opportunity? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back