Opinion 2012 draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow?? Really??
But it worked with Jack Darls - he never ran anyone over in his car buuuut.
If we can get Garlett, i think he's worht it, I watched all the WA games and he was the standout.
We need more discipline at the club, this should include mandatory head shaving, boot camps, and house lock down for the first season!!

Worked for Robbo. .. Having to ask Juddy when he wanted to go out ;)

Brodie Grundy is just another skinny dumb footballer..sound familiar? Warnok?.... Wish we never signed Warnok and persuaded a smart marking footballer to come line up in the navy!

So, you are saying that Warnock is a dumb footballer??? I bet he can spell at least :rolleyes:

Brodie Grundy was the definite standout at the carnival (in the ruck stock anyway)
(Despite the fact my friend was the WA ruckman and i would like to think he held his own ;) )
Hes tall, athletic, moves around the ground excellently and most importantly despite his lack of football experiance already knows the game, i.e knows where to position himself, he was always in the perfect position on the wing to get the clean up marks.
But the point is moot Grundy will go top 5 for sure we'll never get him

Brodie Grundy was the definite standout at the carnival (in the ruck stock anyway)
(Despite the fact my friend was the WA ruckman and i would like to think he held his own ;) )
Hes tall, athletic, moves around the ground excellently and most importantly despite his lack of football experiance already knows the game, i.e knows where to position himself, he was always in the perfect position on the wing to get the clean up marks.
But the point is moot Grundy will go top 5 for sure we'll never get him
I'd like to have a four ruck policy. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty rare to have all your six rucks on the sidelines! A for Grundy... pfft.

Don't think Melbourne will need to use one of their high selections to take Viney.
Chances are he'll be snapped up with their second round selection.

No idea why the club - or others around us for that matter - would let Melbourne get away with a 2nd rounder?? Would be stoked to snap up Viney with our 1st. Bloody hard nut inside-mid with good skills is exactly what we need. Do it Blues!!

No idea why the club - or others around us for that matter - would let Melbourne get away with a 2nd rounder?? Would be stoked to snap up Viney with our 1st. Bloody hard nut inside-mid with good skills is exactly what we need. Do it Blues!!
If we try and take him with our first pick they'll get him wiht their second
We need GWS or Gold Coast to opt to take him with their first picks.
Now he's not worth pick 1, so if GWS or Gold Coast choose Viney, Melbourne will most likely let them have Viney for pick 1 especially if Melbourne think they have a chance to land Whitfield
What Melbourne hope for is that GWS or Gold Coast dont take Viney with their first picks, then Melbourne can take who ever they want with pick 3 and get Viney with their next pick
Basically we will never get Viney

Obviously you have no idea about the rules? There is likely to be only two clubs that can force Melbourne to use their first round selection. The question clubs have to ask themselves is, do they rate Viney one of the top two selections in this draft?

Because the way the bidding system works is the club must use their NEXT AVAILABLE selection meaning if we bid our first rd selection then Melbourne would need to use their next available pick, which would be their second rd pick (components picks can't be used for f/s bids. The only sides which could make them use their first rd pick ate those that that finish BELOW them on the ladder.

That's horse crap that they dont have to use compo picks for f/s a next pick is a next pick... If they aren't forced to pick him at 3 then they are going to rape this draft its bull****!! He is easily a top 10 talent if not 3 or 4 then they should be made to use 13. Ffs Tom scully was no where near worth 2 first rounders!!

the teams that finish lower than melbourne should bid on him anyway because melbourne have already contracted him, so there is no way melbourne wont take him.
and the only way gws or gc wont out bid melbourne is if they make a gesture of good will.

the teams that finish lower than melbourne should bid on him anyway because melbourne have already contracted him, so there is no way melbourne wont take him.
and the only way gws or gc wont out bid melbourne is if they make a gesture of good will.
Not neccesarily, i'd say thats the case if Melbourne come 16th and there are two team ahead of them because i think Melbourne would take Viney instead of whoever goes number 2 be it Grundie etc.
But if Melbourne finish 17th and there is only one team below them, If that team chooses Viney it think Melbourne will let them have him and take whitfield.
Still early days though, but Whitfield is the one everyone wants at the moment

Not neccesarily, i'd say thats the case if Melbourne come 16th and there are two team ahead of them because i think Melbourne would take Viney instead of whoever goes number 2 be it Grundie etc.
But if Melbourne finish 17th and there is only one team below them, If that team chooses Viney it think Melbourne will let them have him and take whitfield.
Still early days though, but Whitfield is the one everyone wants at the moment

so would that mean melbourne would have to pay out the suposed 5 yeaR contract? cos if thats the case thats the best possible situation for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back