Opinion 2012 draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

No way will we take jaksch is string is available

Please don't do this Carlton we have like five tall forwards

Knightmare said that Jaksch's style is similar to Pavlich's. Range 5-30. As I stated the other day, wouldn't be surprised if we went with a player like this. The CFC's thinking maybe that Bell and McLean have made big inroads? No doubt Wines, Mccrae and Vlastuin would be guys I would like in our team, but most likely won't make it to our pick. Jaksch will most likely become a gun. Can't have too many of them in your side. Then take mids with our other 2 picks.

We also only have hearsay and about 5 minutes of footage. You have to take some of the experts at their word. Jaksch is very versatile and talented.
Isn't Stringer also versatile and talented?
Why would you suggest Jaksch is much better? Can he go through the midfield like Pav as well?
Agree with HereComesJuddy, take guns first, sort out the balance later. Mick likes to develop gun talls. We may have an abundance of them soon, if Paddy Mac, Watson, Mitchell, Casboult can all be added to Hendo, Waite and Jamison. Rowe can do a job as well.

Isn't Stringer also versatile and talented?
Why would you suggest Jaksch is much better? Can he go through the midfield like Pav as well?
Agree with HereComesJuddy, take guns first, sort out the balance later. Mick likes to develop gun talls. We may have an abundance of them soon, if Paddy Mac, Watson, Mitchell, Casboult can all be added to Hendo, Waite and Jamison. Rowe can do a job as well.
Buddy, I'm driving the Stringer bandwagon just quietly...I'm just open to drafting others.

Buddy, I'm driving the Stringer bandwagon just quietly...I'm just open to drafting others.
The quiet bandwagon! OK.
Seriously though, I actually don't know much about Jaksch(insert extra consonants here) at all, some people have him around our pick or higher, some have him up around 20.

The quiet bandwagon! OK.
Seriously though, I actually don't know much about Jaksch(insert extra consonants here) at all, some people have him around our pick or higher, some have him up around 20.

Just made for a sakc Jaksch thread if we take him and he is a bust...

Love this from Rendell in Inside Footy...
"As recruiters we know these players so well that even after two years we still feel we know them better than the coaches.

We do spend a fair amount of time watching them play once drafted, especially early in the season, and this is necessary as we require that feedback to test our judgement.

Interestingly the coaches make very quick analyses on players, some of it not very complimentary. I'm forever telling them to be patient - 'they're 18, what were you doing at 18?" because I know I would have been shitting myself, especially if I was drafted interstate. How easily we forget.

I remember the coaches wanting to see Patrick Dangerfield's psych report because he couldn't pick up the positioning quickly enough around the stoppages. Looks fairly silly now.

Coaches influence in draft has set back many club.

Unfortunately many think they are geniuses at drafting and will try to influence a recruiter, but I've yet to see a coach who was a good judge at talent ID."
I bought it, so they can blow me if they think I should provide a link and not post it.

Guys I don't want to alarm you but guess who is available to draft?!?!

THE SHERMANATOR!

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare said that Jaksch's style is similar to Pavlich's. Range 5-30. As I stated the other day, wouldn't be surprised if we went with a player like this. The CFC's thinking maybe that Bell and McLean have made big inroads? No doubt Wines, Mccrae and Vlastuin would be guys I would like in our team, but most likely won't make it to our pick. Jaksch will most likely become a gun. Can't have too many of them in your side. Then take mids with our other 2 picks.
Jaksch reminds me of our former swingman Waite who is a one grab player with hops and good agility. Waite used to play wing on Matthew Richardson before he moved forward permanently. I don't get hung up on any one player, but I'd be rapt if we got another tall onto our list.

We might think we're set for the short term with Judd, Gibbs, Carrazzo, Robinson, Mclean, Bell, Murphy, O'Keeffe and Curnow on our list and rookie list. We can always go for a mid with 36 if one slides like Robinson. :cool:

So since our de-listments:

33 Senior listed players
3* Rookies

* Assuming Curnow is upgraded

Given that we need 40 + 4, is this our likely draft order (at the moment)?

Pick 11
Pick 36
Pick 56
Pick 71
Pick 76: Tuohy / Casbolt / Curnow
Pick 94: Tuohy / Casbolt / Curnow
Pick 112: Tuohy / Casbolt / Curnow

Rookie Pick 1 (Pick 9?)

So since our de-listments:

34 Senior listed players
2* Rookies

* 3 if Curnow is not upgraded

Given that we need 40 + 4, is this our likely draft order (at the moment)?

Pick 11
Pick 36
Pick 56
Pick 71*
Pick 76: Tuohy / Casbolt
Pick 94: Tuohy / Casbolt

Rookie Pick 1 (Pick 9?)
Rookie Pick 2* (Pick 28?)

* Depends if Curnow is upgraded

Bell, Dale & O'Keefe are rookies next year so only room for 1 IF Curnow is elevated - which I assume he is because McKay said only 1 pick in rookie draft & Curnow was photographed @ training today (so he is definiately staying @ Carlton).

Bell, Dale & O'Keefe are rookies next year so only room for 1 IF Curnow is elevated - which I assume he is because McKay said only 1 pick in rookie draft & Curnow was photographed @ training today (so he is definiately staying @ Carlton).

Cheers, I missed ROK as a Rookie. .. Fixed :)

Jaksch reminds me of our former swingman Waite who is a one grab player with hops and good agility. Waite used to play wing on Matthew Richardson before he moved forward permanently. I don't get hung up on any one player, but I'd be rapt if we got another tall onto our list.

We might think we're set for the short term with Judd, Gibbs, Carrazzo, Robinson, Mclean, Bell, Murphy, O'Keeffe and Curnow on our list and rookie list. We can always go for a mid with 36 if one slides like Robinson. :cool:
Mids will always slide. I just hope that a good one like Robbo slides to 36.

Does anyone think we could be keen on Jacob Surjan with our last pick? It's no secret we need a good small defender and if you can get Surjan's body right, he has all the skills to be a very good small defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back