Competitions 2012 Dream Team and Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Wingard is most likely to play in a small forward capacity, pinching the spot of a guy like Hitchcock. But Simon Philips could grab that. So, who knows.

Trengove will play 22 games, but in what position no one knows. He may get a shutdown role one week, and the next be the loose man & backup ruck.

Wingard is most likely to play in a small forward capacity, pinching the spot of a guy like Hitchcock. But Simon Philips could grab that. So, who knows.

Trengove will play 22 games, but in what position no one knows. He may get a shutdown role one week, and the next be the loose man & backup ruck.

I like Phillips but he doesn't seem to take his chances eg finishing, which could cause him to lose his spot to Wingard IMO, who looked very good for an 18 year old.

I think my mate Mitch Banner could be in trouble if small forward is his role.

For those that are DT relevant:

Moore - small defender role wont be condusive to high scoring. Thoguht he'd play more up the ground. Keep an eye on to see how his next two games go

Pfeiffer - Again, played as a small defender which wasnt the role I was expecting. Scored ok for the role he had

Brad Ebert - im predicting he'll average 90+ this year. He'll soon be our go-to guy with his fitness and playing in the middle he can rack up the possessions.

Wingard - Looked great. Will play. Will score.

He is going to get games this year, but how much actual impact he'll make is debatable. Also Primus likes using Westhoff and Trengove as backup ruckmen, so Redden is a big pile of `hard to tell' right now.

Is Redden likely to face any competition for the number 1 ruck spot, at least early on in the year?

When will Lobbe and Renouf be back?

Just trying to work out my 4th ruck spot and whilst I'm happy to pick Orren Stevenson, I'm not convinced he's the lock many seem to think he is.

Is Redden likely to face any competition for the number 1 ruck spot, at least early on in the year?

Just trying to work out my 4th ruck spot and whilst I'm happy to pick Orren Stevenson, I'm not convinced he's the lock many seem to think he is.

He's more of a lock than Redden will be. Redden is definitely third in the pecking order when it comes to a fully fit best 22, and we won't ever take 3 rucks into games.

Sam Rowe?

Re: NAB Cup R2 Port Adelaide v West Coast

good performance by Port... the big question is Redden in the side's best 22?

and what did people think about Pfieffer's performance? did he play off half back? did he get much midfield time?

I would anticipate Redden will probably play the first few games while Lobbe recovers. If you are doing the premium/Giles/Stephenson/rookie line-up, I think Redden is the best option to get game time for your fourth ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys see Pfieffer getting much game time this season?

Think he would be one of the first rookies to get upgraded and if he does he will play, has had good Nab form

and at the Stewart question

COnsider, then pass just think there is better options out there but his body will be right and he'll play a fair bit of footy on the wing, one of port's genuine utilities

I would anticipate Redden will probably play the first few games while Lobbe recovers. If you are doing the premium/Giles/Stephenson/rookie line-up, I think Redden is the best option to get game time for your fourth ruck.

What about as an alternative to Stepehnson as an R4 cash cow who will need to fill a spot in the bye weeks? I have been relaly impressed with his developemtn in seocnd half of last year and he seems to have followed that on early this year. Could he play alll year?

Re: The 2011/2012 Pre-Season Thread

Hey guys, just wanted to know your thoughts on John butcher for this upcoming season? Will he be playing round one, breakout year, etc. any knowledge whatsoever would be helpful. Thanks

Best case scenario is that he kicks 55 goals and averages 75-80 points a week. Worst case he kicks about 30 and averages 55-60. Barring a catastrophe, he'd be the first picked every week in my Port team.

I have so much love for the great man that he's in my DreamTeam and going nowhere. I don't want to miss a thing.

Did Gray play midfield against Freo?

His stats would suggest so, what was the split roughly between mid/fwd time?

i.e. is he worth a look this year?

Gray played another great game today vs Dees, could make a decent (even keeper) F4/F5..
Looking back at last years scores though, very worried about his high deviation and getting extremely low scores; ie: 28 vs Sydney, 35 vs Blues even his 43 vs GC!

Although his back half was promising, inc his awesome game vs Dons :thumbsdown::p, and should improve along with the team.

Do you guys see him plays mostly midfield or is he happy enough playing that HF role (like Monfries) with only occasional runs through the middle?
Havent heard anything bad about his PS either so that could only mean hes doing fine and should be behind Boak and Pearce for tags? (May still get a defensive HB on him I guess..)

Sorry for the rambling, would love to hear more from you guys! Taking me a lot of balls if I do pick a Port player as a keeper.. (no offense!) :)

If Gray plays midfield well, it won't take much for the tag to slip to him. Boak would be higher, but the rest depends on where guys like Hartlett and Pearce end up playing. If you're looking to dip your toe into the PAFC for your teams this year, you're more likely to get consistent scoring with players outside the centre square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back