2012 Emirates Melbourne Cup thread and Formtalk (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niwot for me, half the field wont stay, half a dozen will be caught wide, some wont handle the conditions, a couple unfortunately end up pulling up sore...
This his old warhorse will be there when the whips are cracking if he gets a nice run...;)

sethlad

What did you say about Fiorente you said something about it not being sort of set for this race?

As just a sports person i know it was a while ago but at such high odds it is overs considering it beat RC who everyone likes and has just about in all top 6's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee thought i was good with Mourayan looked like a place runner 300 out for sure just didnt get the distance. Couldnt have got a better jump, ride just needed another 2400 run in preparation like his mate who won under Lloyd Williams.

There is something incredibly, incredibly fishy about that race. None of the favorites were ridden at all well. Oliver drove Americain into the rails and didn't give it a shot. Dunaden was ridden as badly as any favorite in Cup history. Something stinks worse than Oliver's gambling.

Partner's mother had Green Moon, I had Jakkalberry each way so I'm not disappointed just shocked.

Did something happen to Ethiopia?...sure I heard them say "long distant last" and saw a horse way way back as if something went wrong with it..also Dunaden got a bad check too..

..not sure why, but I was really nervous before the race..

Did something happen to Ethiopia?.

That's the question, isn't it. He was in with a real shot at the end of the final turn but he literally stopped dead in its tracks.

There is something incredibly, incredibly fishy about that race. None of the favorites were ridden at all well. Oliver drove Americain into the rails and didn't give it a shot. Dunaden was ridden as badly as any favorite in Cup history. Something stinks worse than Oliver's gambling.

Partner's mother had Green Moon, I had Jakkalberry each way so I'm not disappointed just shocked.

There is nothing "fishy" about it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back