2012 Formula One World Championship - Round Eight - European Grand Prix Valencia (22-24 June 2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t.

For those still watching on Sky, how about that interview from big boy Hamilton?

It's like he's aged 20 years over the course of the off season.

I forgot you subscribed to the theory F1 teams are open and honest about everything.
No. I just know that this "RBR hate Webber and conspire to make him fail" theory is old and rubbish.

Wow! - what a race, the exact reverse of what I was expecting. It all looked like a Vettel benefit until the safety car and then all hell breaks loose. Renault must be scratching their heads with two alternator failures in the same race.

Cudos to Alonso for a great win, but the highlight for me was watching Schumacher and Webber scything through the field at the end of the race. Just goes to show that being on newer tyres at the end of the race is a huge advantage.

I went to bed just as the Safety Car happened - looked like i watched the wrong part of the race. Will have to find a replay

Ditto! Bugger!

It was a great finish, I was going to crash but I thought I would stay true. Shame Webber lost a few spots when Riccardo pitted he may of got Schumi but I think his tyres were knackered anyway.

Lots of Lolz at Hamilton for not giving the guy room, choked it trying to keep that one spot hahah.

Great drive from Alonso, he is what I wish Webber was in regards to passing, Mark just seems to be a bit more conservative, especially trying to pass the big boys, where Alonso just tears past. But Well done to Mark, Schumi and Alonso

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in the f1 2012 thread but realised it might be more appropriate to be in this one.

Jun.25 (GMM) Red Bull driver consultant Helmut Marko has fueled conspiracy theories started by a disconsolate Sebastian Vettel by confirming that the world champion team suspect that the safety car was deployed onto the Valencia circuit, midway during the race on Sunday, to artificially aid ‘the show’.
http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/06/25/r...heory-over-safety-car-deployment-in-valencia/

Yet apparently Webber fans are the nutjob conspiracy theorists?

Vettel's words:

“I think we could have been spared the safety car period,” Vettel told German television Sky. “I think the reason is clear. I don’t think there was a danger. There were pieces on the track earlier and it was acceptable.”

“I think in a sense the safety car was to break our neck,” said the 24-year-old German, who at the time of the call was approaching a 40 second gap to Romain Grosjean.

Vettel's words:
Yeah, Vettel pretty clearly implying that he thinks the safety car was only to slow them down, "I think the reason is clear", and then Marko later confirming that's what they think.

I just find it humorous that Webber fans are labeled as crazy conspiracy theorists by Vettel fans, and then we get this from the man himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back