Mod. Notice 2012 Geelong Board Poster of the Year - David the Cat and dazbroncos joint winners!

Choose UP TO TWO posters only:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus, I just realised I left The Pivotonian out of the team.
* smacks forehead *

My Cavalier King Charles is a he, he is prettier than half this years Brownlow dates if I don't say so myself.

tell me about it :)
The moment nicest nature dogs you can find and quite easy to look after.

Congratulations to David the Cat, a thoroughly deserving choice as the poster of the year on this board. dazbroncos a bit stiff to go down by only one vote; I don't think many would have begrudged these two sharing the award. Two long distance supporters whose commitment to staying in touch with all things Geelong goes well above and beyond.

I concur with MC Extra Dollops thoughts.

Well done David the Cat, thoroughly deserving winner and bad luck dazbroncos.:thumbsu:

It's always a pleasure to read your posts and well done to all the other nominees.:thumbsu:

Great board filled with great posters. It's a tribute to the place as a whole that someone such as I can come in here and it 2 years be considered amongst such high company. I feel it would not be possible if not for the openness and welcoming way other Geelong members and fans accept new people and their contributions to this world.

On a personal level, it has been a stable daily read for me which enables the homesickness to be kept under control and without it im sure i would no longer be here. You all make a great and valuable contribution and congrats David the Cat for the Phar Lap like finish and all the nominees.

Special mention to the Mods for letting the banter be enthusiastic and impassioned yet fair and respectful.

Go Catters

Well its not official yet....but as I am off to Italy on the weekend to drink Italian wine and eat truffles :cool: I will say this...

If after official checks I am POTY, ( or even if I'm not! ) I want to thank the whole board for providing such a stimulating environment within which we can all talk about the team we love. Yes, we have differing opinions, ( thank goodness ) but the spirit in which they are accepted/rejected is what makes this board so special. The important thing I think is to make sure we dont take ourselves too seriously, and make sure that the humour, as well as the high quality analysis and profferring of opinion, remains the hallmark of the Geelong Board.

It is a privilege to be part of it. :thumbsu:

Obviously a special thanks to those who voted for me...all of you.....ALL OF YOU! :D... thank you so much. I am honestly a bit humbled by it all, especially given the high quality posts that fill this board on a daily basis. To select me from the top class posters who were the nominees is , as I say, quite humbling. Thanks to you all.

A special mention to the mods.....sometimes I have had a dig at them for being too tolerant, ( with some non-Geelong posters ) but when it comes down to it, they do one hell of a job. So much work is done by them to keep this board going and in some semblance of order, and I suspect there's a lot more work in it than many of us realize. Kudos guys for a sensational job.

A mention to dazbroncos..the support you got reflects the great contribution you make to this board. Great job mate! Keep it going! :thumbsu: We are both so far away, and we miss our game a lot I know, but if you're like me, this board and the posters who "populate" it help us immeasurably to keep our "aussieness" in tact. Only an Australian Board with its unique humour and occasional excesses of language (!! ) could do what this board does for the international crew that contributes to this board on a regular basis. I think I am safe to say that all of us ex-pats extend a warm thanks to the Australian domiciled posters for giving us all something special.....it means more than you know!

Bring on 2013... I truly believe we will have a great season. It's an exciting time. As supporters, lets give it all we've got!

And to finish.... if you don't mind daz.....

Go Catters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the auditors have been through the numbers (one poster requested their multiple votes be reassigned), the moderators are pleased to award the Poster of the Year title to joint winners - David the Cat and dazbroncos.

Both are worthy winners and have had a great impact in 2012 on our board.

Please join with me in congratulating both!

After the auditors have been through the numbers (one poster requested their multiple votes be reassigned), the moderators are pleased to award the Poster of the Year title to joint winners - David the Cat and dazbroncos.

Both are worthy winners and have had a great impact in 2012 on our board.

Please join with me in congratulating both!

Well done boys! Worthy winners both of them.

Its all been said really, but it's a privilege and an honour to share this with DTC in terms of the award, but all posters as a whole who make this a great place to be. I hope to be able to live up to the mantle bestowed on us. And how good would it be to have the title in Premiership year :D. (it is an odd year next year after all...)

Thanks and luv ya work!

Now, where's the after party!

Go Catters

Well done guys, thoroughly deserved.

To all the other nominees, It's a privilege to be held in the same esteem.

Love all your work.

LOL...I did! :thumbsu:
Truffle season (French is 2 1/2 months away)
Really shits me living so far away.

Italian truffles are far, far too expensive to bring here.

Well over 10k per kg

You're right of course...unbelievably expensive. I saw some that were around 10,000 Euros...

We went to Alba and went to the Truffle and wine fair!! I have a sneaking suspicion you would have loved it! :thumbsu:

Back