Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Old McDonald suspended

Righto, what are we going to do with this bloke? If your going for overall then every week one of your cows aren't playing is costing you. I took a punt on this bloke hoping he plays 6 or 7 of the first 8 games, then offload him. But its looking like a bad decision, especially if he gets rested again in a few weeks like Sheedy implyed.
Im thinking of offloading him...

Re: Old McDonald suspended

He can sit on the Pine next week and Magner or Kennedy will get a call up for my team.

Waste of a trade to off load him now IMO. I will cash him in around Rd 12 depending on performance and $$$ etc.

He can sit on the Pine next week and Magner or Kennedy will get a call up for my team.

Waste of a trade to off load him now IMO. I will cash him in around Rd 12 depending on performance and $$$ etc.
Yeah that wont cut it if your going for overall. Sure if your just worried about a league win then keep him, but overall i think there is only one option.

Yeah that wont cut it if your going for overall. Sure if your just worried about a league win then keep him, but overall i think there is only one option.

are you kidding? maybe if he was looking like averaging 55 and the potential gains weren't that great anyway. but if he can average even 80, let alone 90+, then i'm okay with him missing a couple of games early, i'll just cash in other rookies first. you can still only make two trades per week! i think you need to look at your team as a whole, because as long as most of your rookies are playing every week and making solid cash gains, one player missing a couple of games isn't an issue.

So at round 8 he will have played 6 games - that's 4 price rises, and should see him around $250-$270k. After that price increases will be $20-$25k per round. So are you willing to waste a trade now to save $40-$50k at the expense of a player who can give you 80-100 points per week?
Problem is by round 8 their is every chance he would have only played 4-5 games due to suspension/rotation (like sheedy implied), that wont cut it if your going for overall, better of with a player that will play the first 6-8 games and then cash him in. By keeping McDonald you might have to wait until round 10. That wont work if your going for overall because you will lose too much ground on the guys that have the cows already culled.

Probably not such a bad thing. He still comes back too early for others to downgrade in to and with 3 weeks off he won't need to be rotated out of the team for a while + he now peaks at a different time to other rookies, making it easier to cash them in. Glass half full and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am one of the lucky ones who didn't pick him. If one of my other midfield rookies haven't worked out by the time round 5 comes around JMac might be a handy swap. He looked pretty good against Sydney.

Quick Foxx, trade him. And make sure you trade every other rookie the moment they don't play too - especially those on the bench. Make sure you trade every player who is missing a week as well. Only way to win the overall.

Did Parker break his jaw again??
No... McDonald fractured it for him. It's a hairline fracture, no surgery required or anything and I read on bigpond pocket news this morning they're predicting anything between 1-6weeks apparently (more like 4-6 imo).

I picked Shiel and Ledger as my two rookie mids on the pine and was spewing watching the game. I don't know why anyone is considering getting rid of him, I will more than likely be getting him in come round 5 for either of those two.

I chose Shiel over McDonald right at the last minute...so to see McDonald pull a 98 or whatever he scored compared to Shiel's lowly score which I think was in the 30's I was pretty shattered.

But this helps somewhat. I'm sure that round 4 he will pull another big score and I might just grab him after that!

I'm glad I also took Kennedy though! :)

Quick Foxx, trade him. And make sure you trade every other rookie the moment they don't play too - especially those on the bench. Make sure you trade every player who is missing a week as well. Only way to win the overall.
Pfft. Sometimes bold decisions based on gut and educated guesses have to be made, just ask Impromptu about his Goddard decision last year. Now I haven't made a decision on it yet, but there is certainly an argument for switching mcDonald over if you are going for overall.
The main reason I'm considering it is that he is a midfielder and to get up there on the leaderrboard you have to fill your midfield with premiums as quickly as possible, then your ruck, then forward line, then backline. So if he was in any other position i wouldn't be so concerned. My point is it would be an advantage if you had your mid rookies firing early and upgrade to mid premiums asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back