Injury 2012 Injury Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I meant in the sense that they weren't necessary. I was under the impression you couldn't support your body weight if you did your ACL, whereas he seemed to be doing just fine.

Yeah, that's generally the case. And even if the medicos suspected it they wouldn't let him walk around without them. Still could be a season ending injury but not an ACL you'd think.

Yeah, that's generally the case. And even if the medicos suspected it they wouldn't let him walk around without them. Still could be a season ending injury but not an ACL you'd think.

Would certainly hope not.. would want him back for a game or two before finals at the very least because it's hard to introduce players back in during finals.

Jude Bolton.
My favourite player & the very reason I follow a club like the Swans. Players like Bolts are irreplaceable.
Like Kirk, Kelly & Skilts, they give their all no matter what stage a game is at, giving us that extra edge that many other teams don't have.
At best he'll miss 4 to 6. At worse it could be career ending.

Fingers crossed!

Jude Bolton.
My favourite player & the very reason I follow a club like the Swans. Players like Bolts are irreplaceable.
Like Kirk, Kelly & Skilts, they give their all no matter what stage a game is at, giving us that extra edge that many other teams don't have.
At best he'll miss 4 to 6. At worse it could be career ending.

Fingers crossed!

Really? At best it's a 1-2 week injury from a simple hyperextension.

Yeah or it could be as bad as Robbie Gray's (damage wise) from earlier in the year.

It hurts cause Bolton is on a year-to-year basis with the club (he just re-signed for a another year didn't he?) and if he has to sit out a year, then he might not be back until half way through next year and it will take a while to get match fitness too. Bit of a worry, but there aren;t many tougher than Bolton, i'm sure he'll be back playing like he hasn't missed a game at all.

But lets hope it's only a month at most and he's back for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn. If we do end up winning the premiership, then there will be a bit of disappointment that Bolton isn't part of it. Similar to Maxfield in 05.

He should play on. Maybe try the LARS option and reach 300 next year. Form warranted another 1 year contract.

Damn. If we do end up winning the premiership, then there will be a bit of disappointment that Bolton isn't part of it. Similar to Maxfield in 05.

He should play on. Maybe try the LARS option and reach 300 next year. Form warranted another 1 year contract.

Form definitely warranted an extra year. My concern is that with a traditional reco he won't be back until late next season and often these injuries take a year for the player to get back to full fitness. At Jude's age it would be a massive task. Hopefully LARS is a possibility.

Form definitely warranted an extra year. My concern is that with a traditional reco he won't be back until late next season and often these injuries take a year for the player to get back to full fitness. At Jude's age it would be a massive task. Hopefully LARS is a possibility.

I really really hope Watson is being a w***er and talking crap, and all he has done is some minor damage and is back for the first final.

I really really hope Watson is being a Moo and talking crap, and all he has done is some minor damage and is back for the first final.

It sounded legit. His exact words were "I'm still reeling from the news that Jude Bolton will be out for 12 months" before going on to discuss Port Adelaide. My only glimmer of hope is that Watson got his news from some dickhead SEN caller and not an actual report from the club.

Even if it is a ACL and LARS is possible i don't think Jude would get back in time for the finals even taking into account that LARS is very quick compared to the traditional treatment.

If we make the grand final we should name Bolton as sub and play a man down. It would be a guaranteed victory.
He'd still run on the field I reckon, thats just the man he is.

It sounded legit. His exact words were "I'm still reeling from the news that Jude Bolton will be out for 12 months" before going on to discuss Port Adelaide. My only glimmer of hope is that Watson got his news from some dickhead SEN caller and not an actual report from the club.
For the hope of our finals campaign I hope Watson has been ready BigFooty on some stupid thread.

Just seen this article in the paper from 3 days ago :( I guess he never touched wood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back