Mega Thread 2012 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget Evans' debut game. 25+ possies if I recall correctly. Guy is a ball magnet, and has pretty good skills as well. Horrible run with injuries, but is hopefully over that by now and can cement a spot in the 22.

People forget Evans' debut game. 25+ possies if I recall correctly. Guy is a ball magnet, and has pretty good skills as well. Horrible run with injuries, but is hopefully over that by now and can cement a spot in the 22.

He had 27 but I also recall he only scored about 60 SuperCoach points.

He has also only just turned 20. Pickles is quick, something we lack. Fingers crossed with this boy.

He had 27 but I also recall he only scored about 60 SuperCoach points.
Haha cause supercoach is a true indication of a players performance these days... with that in mind he also scored 114 dream team points in that game

He was probably in our best 2-3 that day and should be one to watch out for if he can keep on the park.

Sorry, but Jetta and Couch shouldn't have got new contracts IMO.

One year won't hurt. Jetta gets a chance at staying fit and trying to cement a place while Couch gets another pre-season and a crack on the rookie list. Harmless really.

Bit harsh on Couch, considering he's only been on the list for one year. 2nd in VFL's B&F, would of played more for the Dees if he wasn't a rookie. One more year to prove himself is fair.

I agree with Jetta; he's had his chance IMO.

Serious? Couch was Scorps B&F, second in the VFL B&F, and averaged 13 possies and more than five tackles per game in his AFL experience (totalling what, three games?). He's an absolute jet at VFL level, and you don't want to give him more than three games to find his feet in the AFL? Ridiculous...

Serious? Couch was Scorps B&F, second in the VFL B&F, and averaged 13 possies and more than five tackles per game in his AFL experience (totalling what, three games?). He's an absolute jet at VFL level, and you don't want to give him more than three games to find his feet in the AFL? Ridiculous...
Yeah that's right. Who cares what he does at VFL level. Why don't we just re-draft Valenti? I'm not bagging the guy, but he has no standout attributes, and a rookie spot would be better used on someone that might make it.

No stand out attributes? He collects 35 possessions a game every time he takes the field in the VFL! Sam Mitchell didn't pick up 13 possessions and five tackles a game in his first season, should the Hawks have delisted him?

Bit harsh on Couch, considering he's only been on the list for one year. 2nd in VFL's B&F, would of played more for the Dees if he wasn't a rookie. One more year to prove himself is fair.

I agree with Jetta; he's had his chance IMO.
Jet has been very unlucky with the run of injuries he has had. Big tank, big effort, puts his body on the line.. I would have been furious if he didn't get another year, and I really believe he may be able to prove a lot of people wrong... I certainly hope so!

In regards to the rookie draft, we have 2 spots left.. I would hope, after taking two MAR in the draft, that we take some kids (especially if we are looking at draft sanctions over the next couple of years)...

I think we should be looking at a young ruckman (project style), as we don't know if any of Gawn, Spencil or Fitzy will make it, as well as a small forward... Doesn't need to be indigenous and have x factor, there have been plenty of good small forwards who don't fit that profile (stephen milne...)

Who would you be looking for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jet has been very unlucky with the run of injuries he has had. Big tank, big effort, puts his body on the line.. I would have been furious if he didn't get another year, and I really believe he may be able to prove a lot of people wrong... I certainly hope so!

In regards to the rookie draft, we have 2 spots left.. I would hope, after taking two MAR in the draft, that we take some kids (especially if we are looking at draft sanctions over the next couple of years)...

I think we should be looking at a young ruckman (project style), as we don't know if any of Gawn, Spencil or Fitzy will make it, as well as a small forward... Doesn't need to be indigenous and have x factor, there have been plenty of good small forwards who don't fit that profile (stephen milne...)

Who would you be looking for?

Jetta has shown glimpses. Hopefully a good pre season, luck with injuries and good VFL form can prove me wrong. My favourite is when Dees players I'm unsure about prove me wrong... no loser in that.

In terms of the 2 rookie spots, your two suggestions is exactly what I was thinking; develop another ruckman and a sharp flashy small forward... Myles Bolger is an OK ruckman from WA. May be worth a punt, seeing as it's only as a rookie. As for the other spot; if he doesn't get taken in the PSD, Dayle Garlett. A couple of smokeys could be Chris Deluca or Brandon Jack

Anyone interested in Dayle Garlett with our rookie pick?

Josh Toy and Sam Colqohoun are other guys maybe worth a rookie risk..

Garlett does not fit the type of player Neeld likes. If he doesn't get picked up let that be a lesson not to bugger around and smoke/drink underage.

Toy/Colqohoun would be worth a rookie spot I reckon

The last thing the club needs is off-field distractions, so why waste our time with a bloke (Garlett) who clearly hasn't got the application at the moment to be an AFL footballer. And why put our young leaders through the same sought of crap that they had to deal with this year. Regardless of his natural ability, Garlett would be a culture cancer that we don't need.

Oh BTW TPM, where did that "Once in a generation" superstar Grundy get drafted at? I stopped following at pick 15.

I'd jump at Garlett - it's a rookie spot, so he'd have to be on his best behaviour; not going in the ND would have been a massive wake up call.

I see your reasoning, but it just seems like too big a risk

Going by the main board thread, posting pictures of himself with the words COOKED captioning it, it's just a no from the get go

The last thing the club needs is off-field distractions, so why waste our time with a bloke (Garlett) who clearly hasn't got the application at the moment to be an AFL footballer. And why put our young leaders through the same sought of crap that they had to deal with this year. Regardless of his natural ability, Garlett would be a culture cancer that we don't need.

Oh BTW TPM, where did that "Once in a generation" superstar Grundy get drafted at? I stopped following at pick 15.

That's rubbish - you throw a kid into a good environment with high standards; he's got a one year contract... yet he will be a 'culture cancer'.

How's Jack Darling gone so far?

Grundy will be a gun, draft position is no indication of how their career will pan out.

I see your reasoning, but it just seems like too big a risk

Going by the main board thread, posting pictures of himself with the words COOKED captioning it, it's just a no from the get go

To be completely honest, have all of you forgotten what it was like to be a kid?

At 18, he's been out of school for a year in WA - just old enough to drink and buy cigarettes, he's done nothing hundreds of other regular 18 year olds don't do.

He's easily worth a rookie spot - if he *s up he's out.

To be completely honest, have all of you forgotten what it was like to be a kid?

At 18, he's been out of school for a year in WA - just old enough to drink and buy cigarettes, he's done nothing hundreds of other regular 18 year olds don't do.

He's easily worth a rookie spot - if he ****s up he's out.
Because the hundreds of 18 year olds you are talking about aren't trying to forge a career as an AFL footballer.

Talent only takes you so far in sport. As we've seen with Connors, the repercussions of having a sh#thead at your club are far reaching than just a spot on the list.

He's easily worth a rookie spot - if he ****s up he's out.

I again see what you are saying, but these guys have an opportunity to have a very short spanning career

A career that's all about sacrifice, fitness, discipline, structure etc.

18 years old, coming out of school going to work in an office environment, for me it was all about the booze, you're right. But people in that position can afford it. High performance athletes who have a 10 - 12 year career span max. don't have the luxury

Plus, it's the implication of drugs that worry me.......

Ignore this if it is a stupid question, but does anyone know what our Rookie Picks are? And who the notables are in the Rookie Draft? Obviously excluding the ones already mentioned that missed last nights draft and have been posted on here already.

Thanks Lads...

Because the hundreds of 18 year olds you are talking about aren't trying to forge a career as an AFL footballer.

Talent only takes you so far in sport. As we've seen with Connors, the repercussions of having a sh#thead at your club are far reaching than just a spot on the list.

I again see what you are saying, but these guys have an opportunity to have a very short spanning career

A career that's all about sacrifice, fitness, discipline, structure etc.

18 years old, coming out of school going to work in an office environment, for me it was all about the booze, you're right. But people in that position can afford it. High performance athletes who have a 10 - 12 year career span max. don't have the luxury

Plus, it's the implication of drugs that worry me.......

I actually agree, he'd obviously have to change his attitude.

I don't think professionalism and hard work comes naturally to a lot of kids, I just think that at a rookie selection - the potential gains outweigh the negatives of a rookie player being cut.

18 is the age where you can still teach him the right behaviours, I doubt he's a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back