News 2012 Media Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

aussiethunda has me kinda worried haha, Looks like it's something bad about St Kilda, Unless it's Dayle Garlett training with Essendon which i assume wouldn't have been said in this thread.

All I can say is brace yourself for some big news later tonight or tomorrow morning in The Age :mad:

When you say brace yourself, is the relaxed slightly leaning forward position, or will I need both hands pushing forward and one foot behind, up against the wall bracing position????

And is the news that big, that the bracing is for an AFL issue and not Saints related? Or is this just wishful thinking?

I thought we had our pre-season scandal already with Gram, but have we moved to a new level of more than one scandal per pre-season?

Edit: Wait this isn't a story being broken by Eddie McGuire is it????????

All I can say is brace yourself for some big news later tonight or tomorrow morning in The Age :mad:

doubt this is really bad news. if it was the media would have broken it by now. how long did it take them to report the jason gram issue, within the hour.

bad mail or beat up IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...guire-plea-20121127-2a5qd.html?skin=text-only

Eddie McHypocrite has pleaded with the AFL to stop draining money from the wealthy clubs to prop up those struggling teams that continue to drop behind at an alarming rate.

The league admitted at last week's conference it remained keen to buy Etihad Stadium in a bid to create better deals for tenant clubs at the Docklands but considered the asking price too high.

That move would provide a major fillip for North Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda - all of which received a massive chunk of last year's multimillion-dollar five-year distribution but all of which still struggle to break even.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/151827/default.aspx

St Kilda Football Club has announced an operating profit of $631,135 for the financial year ending 31 October 2012, and :

• a $3.4m (12%) increase in operating turnover of $3.4m to $30.6m.
• net profit increase of $319k from Membership operations
• net uplift of $271k from new initiatives and improved marketing & promotional activities

The financial turnaround was achieved even after an increased investment into the Football Department of $988k for the 2012 season.

For the more financially minded, cash from operations was $1.8m (compared with a shortfall of $2.1m in 2011), and we had a $661k surplus after capex.

Scott on SEN, talking about Boulder, altitude, and defending Fish.

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/St-Kilda-coach-Scott-Watters/6698
Very good interview. Basically shuts the door on the possibility of Caro have any credibility whatsoever.
And interesting to hear that we were only interested in 2 key defenders in the draft and both were gone by our picks. I'd assume they were Plowman and Corr. Must meen Bains, Elshaug and co didn't rate Clurey.

Very good interview. Basically shuts the door on the possibility of Caro have any credibility whatsoever.
And interesting to hear that we were only interested in 2 key defenders in the draft and both were gone by our picks. I'd assume they were Plowman and Corr. Must meen Bains, Elshaug and co didn't rate Clurey.
They'd know more on Clurey aswell as 100% sure he trained at the club during the year.

Gwilt wants to lead the way for Saints, again
ST KILDA defender James Gwilt hopes to continue his evolution as a leader in 2013 and remain in the Saints' leadership group for the second straight season.

Gwilt, 26, was appointed to the group for the first time in February, about halfway through his rehabilitation from a knee reconstruction, joining Nick Riewoldt, Nick Dal Santo, Sam Fisher, Ben McEvoy, Leigh Montagna, Adam Schneider and now-Bomber Brendon Goddard.

The 2013 group is likely to be finalised in the New Year, and when it is, Gwilt hopes he's in it once again.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-09/gwilt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back