2012 membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

19.004 as of today.

Better than expected.
Lets hope the boys play well and get a few more through the gates .as the season unfolds.
Time to get a following for our new breed of young Lions.:thumbsu:

If Rocky, Redden and Patty K don't pull memberships, there is something wrong. Young, charismatic and talented.

A great turnout at the members training session. Players again lovely. Shame I didn't get to meet Joel again, but oh well. My sister got plenty of autographs so she's happy :D

I am thinking about getting a 3 game Premo Membership and I have a few silly questions. Now if I pick to go to the Richmond Match this year and my mate wants to come along (Richmond supporter) can he get a ticket so we can sit together?. No fun if I can't dig in when we win ;). He also went last year on a premo seat to the richmond match.

Last year I would get general admission tickets and I really enjoyed the live footy which was different to on the box footy (Both Gold coast games at the gabba).

AFL is a much better game live, it's completely different to watching on tv. The atmosphere at the games is also really good, and that's only at the Gabba which isn't known for great vocal crowds. NRL i think is the reverse, it shows better on TV, and live it's a bit boring.

Getting a ticket together might be a problem. If you get a 3 game memberships with a fixed ticket for each game, it would be hard to get his seat next to you if he is just buying it as a single seat. I think you can get GA 3 game memberships though, so that *might* give you better luck at being together, not 100% sure.

You could always talk your mate into getting a 3 game membership as well, and get both your seats booked in for 3 games. Even if he is a Tigers supporter, nothing wrong with a couple of games of live footy.

If you contact the club, they can arrange it. We did it once on a 3 game pass in order to sit with mates - we basically gave up our reserved seat and they put us where our mates had seats. The seats were slightly worse but you can't be too picky in that situation.

Thanks for the replies.

I will be signing up soon :cool:
Lets see if we can crack 20K before kick off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am thinking about getting a 3 game Premo Membership and I have a few silly questions. Now if I pick to go to the Richmond Match this year and my mate wants to come along (Richmond supporter) can he get a ticket so we can sit together?. No fun if I can't dig in when we win ;). He also went last year on a premo seat to the richmond match.

Last year I would get general admission tickets and I really enjoyed the live footy which was different to on the box footy (Both Gold coast games at the gabba).

Talk him into getting a 3 game membership with you, including the Richmond game.You will get seats together, just have to agree on what other games you go to.Do it over the phone though its much easier.

GA is first-in-best-dressed this year at the Gabba, no allocated seats (which was annoying for the Suns "home" game last year against us... Karix had to rock in 2hrs before the bounce to get our usual seats...) Theoretically that means that if you have a reserved seat membership and your mate buys a GA ticket you can go sit in GA with him.

I live in Singapore, so I take out a Supporters Membership. I am currently at silver level, so was surprised when they sent me my membership bundle with bronze membership. I emailed them to ask why I had been demoted then forgot all about it. Lo and behold today they sent me not one but TWO new membership packs with the silver membership back.

Don't know if they meant to send me two or if it was a stuff-up but I certainly appreciate them putting me back to silver. I just have to work out what to do with three picnic rugs now.

Don't know if they meant to send me two or if it was a stuff-up but I certainly appreciate them putting me back to silver. I just have to work out what to do with three picnic rugs now.

Have three picnics. Duh. :p

How come I didn't get a picnic rug?:confused:

Also a few weeks ago I was at Day 1 of the Sheffield Shield final and at the lunchbreak I went to buy tickets for the Suns away game and was disappointed to find out that:

1) No discounted tickets for Lions members this time around.
2) General Reserved (cheapest tickets - no General Admission available) is only available to Suns members.

It will be 2wks tomorrow since I became a member....how long does it take for the packages to arrive....can't wait for mine to arrive!!...I'm like a kid in anticipation of santa clause!!:D:eek:

I live in Singapore, so I take out a Supporters Membership. I am currently at silver level, so was surprised when they sent me my membership bundle with bronze membership. I emailed them to ask why I had been demoted then forgot all about it. Lo and behold today they sent me not one but TWO new membership packs with the silver membership back.

Send one to Everton, he wants one.

No new members this week thus far:confused:

Still 19,148....

Make that 19,150 because my parents have decided NOT to join the scum-sucking slime-toads from down the road and purchased Lions memberships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No new members this week thus far:confused:

Still 19,148....

I would expect an updated total before the end of the week.

As of yesterday we were almost 1,300 or 6.3% behind the same point in time last year.

We are currently on track for 20,750 members. Although we have still got a chance to give last year's tally a shake:
- considering our first two games are in Melbourne and then at the GABBA quite a few people should sign up before them in the coming week or so;
- if we could beat Melbourne, then at least give Carlton a run for their money that might give us a reasonable boost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back