Official Club Stuff 2012 Membership - Official Club Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

no Carlton function but WABlues plan on doing function as per 2011 final v West Coast to fill the void. The response to that was very positive even though it lacked past players etc but we were conveniently located drinking full strength beer at regular prices

Good stuff

Got my CC card today.

Interesting that it looks no different from standard club memberships.

CC has been losing its goodness. Lost the CC pin and now the card.

How will the ticket inspectors tell the difference when I sit with GA CC from anyone else?

Called the club today because I'm getting a little impatient.

Obviously not missing out on anything, but having renewed when the renewal option became available, I would have thought the 3 membership cards for my house would have arrived by now.

I was informed that the card is now 10-14 working days away from arriving...which could well mean I won't get the cards until after round 1. I don't need it to get in to the r1 game as I'll use my AFL membership or go as an MCC guest, but what if I did? What if I did have away game entitlements through my membership, but didn't have the card by the 29th?

Quite simply this is not good enough for a professional organization. Really poor from the membership department.

Called the club today because I'm getting a little impatient.

Obviously not missing out on anything, but having renewed when the renewal option became available, I would have thought the 3 membership cards for my house would have arrived by now.

I was informed that the card is now 10-14 working days away from arriving...which could well mean I won't get the cards until after round 1. I don't need it to get in to the r1 game as I'll use my AFL membership or go as an MCC guest, but what if I did? What if I did have away game entitlements through my membership, but didn't have the card by the 29th?

Quite simply this is not good enough for a professional organization. Really poor from the membership department.

Im in the 17 game home and away resereve boat J. Called the club yesterday and found out what seats we have been allocated. Got told 10 -14 days aswell. They told me IF we dont receive them in time we have to go see a marquee before the game to get tickets, which could be a massive mess around if heaps of people need to do the same. Wont be impressed if we miss the first bounce because of it.

Up until now i haven't minded the fact that i got my pack 4 months after signing up. But today, my daughter's pack finally arrived minus cap. Again, just a little thing but for a young kid excited about their first footy game, it's big. It's just a little amateur on the membership dept behalf.

Got my CC card today.

How will the ticket inspectors tell the difference when I sit with GA CC from anyone else?

I am CC as well Lance but I have reserved seats.

Have a look on the back of the card.

Mine says Captains Club Adult. Yours should be the same.

Last year it was Captains Club Gold for me.

Was at the club yesterday for the Saints vs. Collingwood match. Membership department was closed when I arrived so I couldn't enquire about the wherabouts of my pack. I was disappointed hat I had to pay to enter the ground.

An AFL sanctioned event, therefore no special privileges for Carlton supporters. It may be our ground, but I would suspect the AFL pay the club for the right to use Visy Park during the pre-season, so therefore it becomes a neutral venue.

An AFL sanctioned event, therefore no special privileges for Carlton supporters. It may be our ground, but I would suspect the AFL pay the club for the right to use Visy Park during the pre-season, so therefore it becomes a neutral venue.
I know - was being facetious. Still, it felt wrong watching the filfth and St.Kilda occupying the ground. I imagine it'd be similar to being a guest in your old house after you've sold it, only to find it's being occupied by deroes and overdressed metro w***ers.

Got my CC card today.

agree about pin but at least quality of cap and scarf have improved

So all the member seat allocations are exhausted for the game v Richmond, do I just rock up on the night and get free entry to the GA seating area with my membership card or can I still get a ticket online. Excuse the ignorance, this is the first time I've lived in Melbourne during the H&A season.

So all the member seat allocations are exhausted for the game v Richmond, do I just rock up on the night and get free entry to the GA seating area with my membership card or can I still get a ticket online. Excuse the ignorance, this is the first time I've lived in Melbourne during the H&A season.

What level of Membership do you have Ryan?
If it's an 11 game Membership, you will have to purchase a ticket as it is a Richmond home game.

I have just checked the Ticketek website & there are still tickets available.

Olympic Stand, Premium seating and Level M (standing room) allocation has been exhausted.
There are tickets available in the Ponsford Stand, Southern Stand & Reserved seating.

I did a "dummy" purchase and it came up with M31, Row Z, seat 16.

Best bet is to get yourself a ticket as there will probably be between 70-80K attending the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ended up buying my ticket for the Lions game at the Gabba. I could buy one extra ticket with my membership but I needed two extra and we obviously want to sit together so I will sit near the rowdy bunch in the cheer squad behind the goals in General Admission instead of near the bench. Maybe Kreuzer will kick it to me again.

3 tickets in GA cost only a tiny bit more than one ticket and one reserved seat through the club anyway so it wasn't that big a deal.

Ended up buying my ticket for the Lions game at the Gabba. I could buy one extra ticket with my membership but I needed two extra and we obviously want to sit together so I will sit near the rowdy bunch in the cheer squad behind the goals in General Admission instead of near the bench. Maybe Kreuzer will kick it to me again.

3 tickets in GA cost only a tiny bit more than one ticket and one reserved seat through the club anyway so it wasn't that big a deal.
happy to help any way i can ODN

This sounds very familiar, went through the same process exactly - called the club but discovered the +1 issue as well, so I too have 3 GA tickets and will be somewhere down at the most navy blue coloured end of the Gabba with the better half and one of our mini me's.

Can't wait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back