2012 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...anese-grand-prix/story-fn2ms4i4-1226476986498

Stoner Hoping to be back for the Japanese Grand Prix and confirming he wants to drive in the V8 compitition. I knew it would come out eventually but man that sucks that hes giving up MotoGP for V8 supercars. I hate V8 supercars! We can only hope in a year or two he wants to come back to the MotoGP paddock but i highly doubt it :(

You're right. No idea how I missed that. He has Lorenzo sure, but not on the same machinery. We know Honda have the ability to build good bikes so I can see him at least once getting a bike better than Lorenzo.

It's not a certainty because all sorts of things can happen, just look at my avatar for evidence of that, but it's pretty much the main think that's going to keep me interested in the premier class next year (unless Dani can stay at his currently high, consistent level).

The Rossi/Lorenzo dynamic alone will be interesting for 2013 I reckon (hoping Jorge hands Vale his arse) and i've no reason to think Dani can't stay as competitive. IF Ducati get their stuff sorted then it could be a very interesting year. MotoGP will still miss Stoner sorely though.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...anese-grand-prix/story-fn2ms4i4-1226476986498

Stoner Hoping to be back for the Japanese Grand Prix and confirming he wants to drive in the V8 compitition. I knew it would come out eventually but man that sucks that hes giving up MotoGP for V8 supercars. I hate V8 supercars! We can only hope in a year or two he wants to come back to the MotoGP paddock but i highly doubt it :(

He'll surely get bored of V8's after 5 minutes. Hopefully MotoGP get their house in order soon and the mundaness of V8's can persuade Casey back onto 2 wheels! :thumbsu:

He'll surely get bored of V8's after 5 minutes. Hopefully MotoGP get their house in order soon and the mundaness of V8's can persuade Casey back onto 2 wheels! :thumbsu:

I hope so! MotoGP are losing one of the best. Would have loved to see Casey take on Jorge, Dani and Valentino back on the Yam next year, would have been very exciting! Like you said if he can lose passion for MotoGP how long can you keep interested in driving holdens and fords. Sorry to V8 lovers but i can't understand why :p

He was doing tests with TeamVodafone last year and enjoyed himself so i think he has the passion for Supercars.

Team boss Adrian Burgess said Casey did well.

He was doing tests with TeamVodafone last year and enjoyed himself so i think he has the passion for Supercars.

Team boss Adrian Burgess said Casey did well.

A couple of enjoyable novelty tests is a long way from having the passion to make a career out of V8 supercars. It might be there but I struggle to see it.

How often does the V8 supercar throw you out with little/no warning and destroy everything from the shin down? Or shatter your collarbone? Or break your leg? Or run over and kill you?

Not often I'd guess.

The ability to head home to his farm with his family after every race weekend, relaxed atmosphere, no hounding from a ravenous european media, (hopefully) no filthy public mud-slinging from his main rival, etc. This is what he would love about supercars. The threat of injury isn't a bother to Casey, in fact that is part of the thrill of MotoGP racing in pushing the envelope and "cheating death" so to speak. This is why I think he'll find V8's boring but time will tell I guess.

How often does the V8 supercar throw you out with little/no warning and destroy everything from the shin down? Or shatter your collarbone? Or break your leg? Or run over and kill you?

Not often I'd guess.

No doubt V8 supercars is a much safer sport, but if Casey or any of the other riders had a problem with the risk of the sport i'd say none of them would be racing. Although i totaly understand why casey is leaving, weather it be a loss of passion or for the sake of his saftey for his family it still sucks for Aussie and global MotoGP fans! I suppose its just me venting about Casey leaving for V8s so i just blame it on V8s!

Does anyone think Dorna heavied Kawasaki to hire Rossi?

Rossi has raced for four marques but Kawasaki isn't one of them. :) It is said, however, that Rossi instigated talks to return to Yamaha as he had no confidence that Ducati could turn their bike around to be competitive quick enough. He still has dreams of beating Agostini's all time race wins record but time is running out for him and another year or two aboard the struggling Ducati would see his chances go from slim to zilch hence the desperation to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the Storm won the NRL title, Pol Espargaro and Dani Pedrosa's wins rounded out the day nicely. I reckon if Dani was able to see the vision of Lorenzo behind him he would have backed the pace off once he got a 2 second gap to keep Jorge pushing. That's two races in a row the Lorenzo has nearly chucked it. He's in the box seat and the title is his to lose but it ain't over yet. Disappointed for Bradl and relieved for Nicky, his crash had me nervous for a good while.

Still baffles my why Nicky didnt bail off the bike..

I think he pretty much saved a crash but the time it took to gather it all up meant he found himself between a rock and a hard place - bail and risk hitting a concrete wall head first or stay with the bike and take his chances over the wall. They really needed an air fence there.

Moto 3 and 2 were really good, liked mentioned before they are always entertaining! I think in Moto 3 1st and 9th were separated by 3 seconds and what a race by Ant West in the dry a top 10 finish in moto 2! Good to see him building confidence. If i recall correctly Hayden was nervous about bailing off the bike in case he went head first into the wall but when they replayed it and we didn't hear anything for ages i was pretty nervous! thankfully he is fine.

Casey back in Japan! :D Could play a massive role in who wins the championship, but mostly just awesome to have him back,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back