NFL 2012 NFL Playoffs - AFC Conference Championship - Ravens @ Patriots

Predictions....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Belichick sulk off the SB field with time still remaining or not? What other SB coach has done that?
Belichick has sulked after losing other games.
That he might afterwards cool down and then make those media interviews, or shake someone's hand, or act classy, doesn't change the fact that at the time he was a sore loser, and has a reputation for it.

It's just like all those people who twitter inflammatory comments and then later apologize for them. The apology after doesn't change the fact they said those things, and meant them, at the time, in the heat of the moment.

Anyway, time for sleep. Don't get too ruffled about it. Got to have a thick skin and sense of humor around here.

Did Belichick sulk off the SB field with time still remaining or not? What other SB coach has done that?
Belichick has sulked after losing other games.
That he might afterwards cool down and then make those media interviews, or shake someone's hand, or act classy, doesn't change the fact that at the time he was a sore loser, and has a reputation for it.

It's just like all those people who twitter inflammatory comments and then later apologize for them. The apology after doesn't change the fact they said those things, and meant them, at the time, in the heat of the moment.

Anyway, time for sleep. Don't get too ruffled about it. Got to have a thick skin and sense of humor around here.
Good night GG. Hopefully you wake up smarter tomorrow. ;)

Yeah, Belichick has three rings. He also has a reputation for being a sore loser.
Just cos he has three rings or no rings or twenty rings doesn't change that he has a reputation for being a sore loser.
Just like you could say Schwartz was a sore loser after losing to Harbaugh last year, and Harbaugh himself has started earning a reputation for being weird, and a sore loser.

On the flipside, here's what the Ravens HC said.

"Coach Belichick after the game was so classy with what he said," Harbaugh said.
This is the second time Harbaugh went out of his way to mention the conversation. It's an interesting counterpart to the criticism that Belichick has taken for his usual postgame interview no-show with CBS.
"I'll treasure that conversation forever," Harbaugh told SI.com's Peter King. "Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it's such a circus. I said I didn't know; I thought we should do it, it's just the right thing to do.
"And we did. He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us. I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them."
source: NFL.com

Queue "Leave him alone" youtube video...

Billick says the media should leave Belichick alone

belichick.jpg

Patriots coach Bill Belichick has come under heavy criticism in recent days for his failure to speak and/or his failure to say anything when speaking.
Curiously, the loudest voices come from analysts employed by CBS, which is widely perceived in media circles to be the official network of the New England Patriots. It started on Sunday night, with Shannon Sharpe sounding off on Belichick’s refusal to give a post-game interview to Steve Tasker of CBS. It continued on Monday, when Boomer Esiason explained that Belichick’s approach to the media gives those inclined to “hate” him a strong reason for doing so.

But Brian Billick of FOX, who coached the Ravens for nine years, goes the other way. In a video posted at FOXSports.com, Billick says criticism of Belichick should end.

Let this thing go, guys,” Billick said. “This is the way he rolls, this is what he’s about. I want you to take the clip from last year’s AFC championship game where they won and look at his postgame news conference, then I want you to look at the one he did [Sunday], turn the sound off, and look at the two. It’s the same thing. This is what this guy’s about. It’s what he’s about. It’s his personality. It’s not going to change. You can’t fault the guy for being true to his personality. And when he does finally say something, we rip him for not saying something interesting, he says the same thing. . . . Quit ripping him for being who he is.”

It’s a fair point, but Belichick isn’t consistent. At a Monday press conference, as Tom Curran of CSN New England explained during PFT Live, Belichick was more expansive and less perfunctory. Last year, in the days leading up to the Super Bowl, he was loose and jovial.

And what’s wrong with criticizing someone for being who they are? Plenty of folks who do objectionable things are simply being who they are, and we don’t look the other way. People are capable of changing their behavior, and they often are more inclined to do it when bad behavior is pointed out to them.

Though Belichick indeed would have said nothing of value to Tasker, refusing to say anything creates the impression that Belichick is a sore loser. And while his motivation for saying nothing when he talks (he often comes off as a bad ventriloquist, trying to get the words out without moving his mouth or any other part of his face) could be rooted in strategic objectives, it that’s just the way he is then he should be that way all the time, without moments when he decides that he doesn’t find the process irritating and/or he lacks disdain on that specific day for those who make a living asking him questions.

The one thing Belichick either doesn’t realize or refuses to accept is that he gets paid millions every year not because there’s any inherent value in the service he provides but because people find entertainment in watching the games that his teams play. If he were a professional lacrosse coach, he’d be doing basically the same thing but making pennies in comparison, because no one would care.

And so the people who justify Belichick’s salary want to hear from him. Press conferences and interviews are the conduit for that. He’s smart enough to know it, and he presumably has enough self-awareness to realize that, if he says nothing or says something while actually saying nothing to an audience that expects the men who play and coach the game to periodically say something while actually saying something, he will be criticized.

So it’s fair to rip him for being who he is. Though he works for the Krafts, his customers are the folks who choose to watch his team’s games — and who in turn want to hear him say meaningful things while projecting slightly more charisma than a cinder block.

Billionaire entertains corporate executive in his personal suite. That's ground breaking.
So you seriously don't think that the CEO of the network that airs 75-80% of the Patriots games sitting snugly with Robert Kraft isn't a bad look? I mean, if this was TBS and the Atlanta Braves, I'd understand, but it isn't. Then again, why should I be surprised; the fact that you deny that Belichick is a sore loser, when it's painfully obvious to anyone with a half an idea about the NFL that he is, and despite GG putting the evidence right in front of you, should have given me an idea that you'd see no problem with it.

P.S - Probably not the smartest idea to ask GG to provide you with evidence as if he wasn't going to be able to find anything, considering he links just about every other article that PFT writes.

So you seriously don't think that the CEO of the network that airs 75-80% of the Patriots games sitting snugly with Robert Kraft isn't a bad look? I mean, if this was TBS and the Atlanta Braves, I'd understand, but it isn't. Then again, why should I be surprised; the fact that you deny that Belichick is a sore loser, when it's painfully obvious to anyone with a half an idea about the NFL that he is, and despite GG putting the evidence right in front of you, should have given me an idea that you'd see no problem with it.

P.S - Probably not the smartest idea to ask GG to provide you with evidence as if he wasn't going to be able to find anything, considering he links just about every other article that PFT writes.
Does it look bad when Jon Bon Jovi or any other celebrity or high powered executive is being entertained in his personal suite at his stadium? Goodell is entertained in his suite. Does that look bad?

You've cited one article to support your position. That's fine. I cited two to refute the points of contention almost immediately.

Does it look bad when Jon Bon Jovi or any other celebrity or high powered executive is being entertained in his personal suite at his stadium? Goodell is entertained in his suite. Does that look bad?

You've cited one article to support your position. That's fine. I cited two to refute the points of contention almost immediately.
Jon Bon Jovi doesn't have a vested interest in 16 teams in a conference like CBS does with the AFC. If there is another example of Les Moonves (CBS' President) being entertained by a team other than the Patriots, then I'll let it go.

Jon Bon Jovi doesn't have a vested interest in 16 teams in a conference like CBS does with the AFC. If there is another example of Les Moonves (CBS' President) being entertained by a team other than the Patriots, then I'll let it go.
Roger Goodell has a vested interest in the other 31 teams. Richard Branson was a notable guest of Robert Kraft earlier in the season. You're acting as if this is something strange.

Roger Goodell has a vested interest in the other 31 teams. Richard Branson was a notable guest of Robert Kraft earlier in the season. You're acting as if this is something strange.
How is the founder of the Virgin Group relevant or the same to the CEO of CBS? You do realise the point I was trying to make, don't you?

How is the founder of the Virgin Group relevant or the same to the CEO of CBS? You do realise the point I was trying to make, don't you?
I do, I'm simply ignoring it because it's an irrelevant point when it's pointed out to you that entertaining executives in a personal suite isn't counterintuitive to what any NFL owner has been doing since the NFL was first established.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do, I'm simply ignoring it because it's an irrelevant point when it's pointed out to you that entertaining executives in a personal suite isn't counterintuitive to what any NFL owner has been doing since the NFL was first established.
Well based on your posts, you clearly don't get it, and are in fact ignoring it because you don't like hearing it.

Well based on your posts, you clearly don't get it, and are in fact ignoring it because you don't like hearing it.
Where would you prefer him to be? Sitting in the bleachers with fans?

The reality is you're offering a fairly stupid argument about where an executive was sitting during a fairly important contest in the AFC & NFL.

Where would you prefer him to be? Sitting in the bleachers with fans?

The reality is you're offering a fairly stupid argument about where an executive was sitting during a fairly important contest in the AFC & NFL.
My issue isn't about someone being in the box, it was about WHO was in the box. Was he was in the Steelers' press box 2 years ago when they beat the Jets? Was he in the Colts' press box the year before that when they also beat the Jets? (Semi-genuine question, he may very well have been, but I don't know of it).

My issue isn't about someone being in the box, it was about WHO was in the box. Was he was in the Steelers' press box 2 years ago when they beat the Jets? Was he in the Colts' press box the year before that when they also beat the Jets? (Semi-genuine question, he may very well have been, but I don't know of it).
Surely you realise how absurd your train of thought is by now. I must admit, it's a fine troll effort by you.

Surely you realise how absurd your train of thought is by now. I must admit, it's a fine troll effort by you.
Based on what, the fact that it's something you don't want to hear, or the fact that you don't have an answer to my question? The closest thing you've had to a response since I put this point to you was Roger Goddell, and even then, you didn't actually provide an instance of him being in any team's press box (and again, he very well may have been, but I don't recall it).

Based on what, the fact that it's something you don't want to hear, or the fact that you don't have an answer to my question? The closest thing you've had to a response since I put this point to you was Roger Goddell, and even then, you didn't actually provide an instance of him being in any team's press box (and again, he very well may have been, but I don't recall it).
No, you're just trolling. I answered your question (several times over) you just didn't like hearing that Robert Kraft and many other NFL and sporting team owners host corporate executives of different denominations in their private boxes. Soon you'll be complaining about Rush Limbaugh being in Kraft's box for SB46 last year.

No, you're just trolling. I answered your question (several times over) you just didn't like hearing that Robert Kraft and many other NFL and sporting team owners host corporate executives of different denominations in their private boxes. Soon you'll be complaining about Rush Limbaugh being in Kraft's box for SB46 last year.
Quit dancing around the argument ausbacker, it's clear you don't actually have an answer to my question. Instead you're going off on tangents about Bon Jovi, Richard Branson and Rush Limbaugh, when they have nothing to do with my actual point. They're in the Patriot's press box? Good for them, I have no problem with that. Want to know why? They have zero involvement in anything to do with the NFL.

Quit dancing around the argument ausbacker, it's clear you don't actually have an answer to my question. Instead you're going off on tangents about Bon Jovi, Richard Branson and Rush Limbaugh, when they have nothing to do with my actual point. They're in the Patriot's press box? Good for them, I have no problem with that. Want to know why? They have zero involvement in anything to do with the NFL.
I'm not going off on tangents, I'm demonstrating to you how absurd your position is to begin with given Robert Kraft entertains executives (INCLUDING THE COMMISSIONER OF THE NFL) and high profile celebrities in his private box. The fact that you can't draw a reasonable conclusion from that suggests a serious intelligence issue on your behalf.

I guess entertaining Senators and other politicians in your private box has no bearing on this apparent discussion either right?

I'm not going off on tangents, I'm demonstrating to you how absurd your position is to begin with given Robert Kraft entertains executives (INCLUDING THE COMMISSIONER OF THE NFL) and high profile celebrities in his private box. The fact that you can't draw a reasonable conclusion from that suggests a serious intelligence issue on your behalf.

I guess entertaining Senators and other politicians in your private box has no bearing on this apparent discussion either right?
Well it doesn't actually, but feel free to attack my intellect when you're losing your second argument on this board in as many days.

It's been his MO for most of the thread, Can't come back with an intelligent argument so he sticks his head in the sand, Then questions the intelligence of everyone else.

I'm still yet to read anything from Ausbacker that isn't trying to flip things onto someone else, Still yet to get proof from a reputable journalist that I know nothing about the NFL...

The reality is, your Patriots prejudice renders you ineffective when discussing the Patriots.
The irony here is just beautiful.

Well it doesn't actually, but feel free to attack my intellect when you're losing your second argument on this board in as many days.
Two arguments both shot down in flames. Two sore losers bitching and moaning on boards with poor starting positions backed by no factual citations and both in full deflect mode. Yep, I'm really struggling here.

It's been his MO for most of the thread, Can't come back with an intelligent argument so he sticks his head in the sand, Then questions the intelligence of everyone else.

I'm still yet to read anything from Ausbacker that isn't trying to flip things onto someone else, Still yet to get proof from a reputable journalist that I know nothing about the NFL...

The irony here is just beautiful.
Yeah, I've really stuck my head in the sand despite pulling several references in topics on this board that directly contradict the points of opinion I've been discrediting. You're going to have to try better than that sunshine.

BomberWatson is trying to draw the conclusion that Kraft hosting Moonves in his personal suite is being used to positively influence the Patriots standing in the media and for broadcast scheduling. What BomberWatson doesn't understand is good teams always benefit from scheduling because people want to see them, especially in prime time. Look at the Yankees, Lakers, Collingwood etc. He's also appeared stupid enough to say Kraft hosting a CBS executive isn't the same as Kraft hosting celebrities or any other executive even though it's exactly the same thing. Mitt Romney has been a guest in his private sweet as was John Kerry (despite it being reported he paid for tickets). Why not go straight to politics to influence the Patriots standing in the community? It's not the same thing right? Arlen Specter sure had no problem intervening in 2007.

Yep, I'm the one with the issue despite outlining and referencing articles.

He's also appeared stupid enough to say Kraft hosting a CBS executive isn't the same as Kraft hosting celebrities or any other executive even though it's exactly the same thing.
Nice to see you STILL don't get it. Although in your fantasy world, you probably don't think Spygate ever existed, or that Brady actually did attempt a forward pass against the Raiders all those years ago, because the Patriots apparently NEVER set a wrong foot in your eyes... seriously, you sound like an insecure girlfriend that's being told that her boyfriend isn't all that he's made out to be. Get a grip, it isn't even THAT big of an issue, you don't have to come to come to the rescue like a knight in shining armour every time someone says anything slightly negative towards the Patriots. My team deserted it's old city in the middle of the night nearly 3 decades ago, it is what it is, I'm not going to fall over myself to defend what the franchise that I support did.

Take GG's advice, and don't take everything uber seriously.

Back