NFL 2012 NFL - Week 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the redskins can beat the giants this week so there is at least one exciting division race.
I would've thought the NFC North was exciting, Bears having a game on the Packers but have also lost to them once, still have to play each other again.

I would've thought the NFC North was exciting, Bears having a game on the Packers but have also lost to them once, still have to play each other again.
pretty much comes down to their match in two weeks time, winner of that should win the division so not that exciting.
NFC East will be real exciting if Dallas & Washington can win this week

pretty much comes down to their match in two weeks time, winner of that should win the division so not that exciting.
NFC East will be real exciting if Dallas & Washington can win this week
I could think of nothing worse than relying on a Dallas win. If Dallas was playing for my life I would probably die of a heart attack before the game had finished.

Chicago has some tough games coming up against Seattle along with 3 divisional games.
Green Bay has 4 divisional games including 3 in a row still remaining, so anything could happen.

I could think of nothing worse than relying on a Dallas win. If Dallas was playing for my life I would probably die of a heart attack before the game had finished.

Try supporting them for the last 25 years! :cool:

Week 13 Predictions

New Orleans at Atlanta The Falcons can be the first team officially into the post season with a win over their nemesis Saints. If it is a sign of a good team that keeps winning the close contests even when they are not playing well then I give you this year’s Falcons. On the other hand, there are a lot of teams eyeing that number 2 seed in the NFC given Atlanta’s playoff form line.

Arizona at New York Jets Probably the most tragic news in Jets land in an otherwise forgettable season is that Fireman Ed (if you don’t know who Fireman Ed is, think Joffa Corfe only with teeth and a sensible haircut) is handing in his helmet. Reading between the lines of his post resignation comments it appears standing down was the best thing to do before he clocked one of his fellow Jets fans. Maybe there’s a starting role for Tebow here and Ed could run the wildcat?

Carolina at Kansas City Cam Newton has now taken the mantle over from Mark Sanchez as my most least liked QB in the NFL. I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s his posing first down signals, his Superman TD celebration or post game pouting after a loss. Maybe it’s just because he is a huge “look at me” dick. Here’s hoping the Chiefs can win one for the Brasher.

Houston at Tennessee There is no hotter player in the NFL at the moment than Andre Johnson. This is a scary thought for the rest of the league running into the playoffs. A scarier thought however, this is usually about the time Schaub gets injured and misses significant playing time.

Indianapolis at Detroit I feel for teams that toil year in and year out and either through bad luck, mismanagement or stupidly trying to win every week even when they suck that they never land a guy like Andrew Luck. They are fortunate mob those Colts, going from perennial All-Pro Manning to future perennial All-Pro Luck in the space of one tanked season.

Jacksonville at Buffalo Had Chad Henne started a few more games earlier the Jags might even be in playoff contention in the weak AFC. The irony is that Henne is probably playing for the jobs of the same guys who stubbornly stuck with Blaine Gabbert for most of the season. Both these teams could do worse than enquire about Alex Smith’s availability this off season.

Minnesota at Green Bay If you could combine the rosters of these two clubs you could compile a team that wouldn’t require too many tough cuts. It seems everywhere the Packers are strong the Vikings are weak and vice versa. Key to this matchup is Ponder being able to complete a throw or two to keep the Packers from putting eleven in the box.

New England at Miami It is disturbing to think that the Pats may have unearthed a reliable running game but the Phins are Ok against the run, what worries me is them not being able to get to Brady or cover their receivers. The Phins can’t afford to get behind early and abandon a reasonable running game for Tannehill to play catch up with Brady. Even typing that last bit sounds stupid.

San Francisco at St. Louis I’m not liking this guessing game Harbaugh is playing at QB one little bit. Am I excited about what Kaepernick brings as a 49ers fan? Absolutely! But could the 49ers dream up any more obstacles to put in the face of Alex Smith? I’m not sure what the future holds for Smith, but I do know karma can be a bitch, and if he was running for President, I’d vote for him. I rank him on the same level as Larry Fitzgerald for all around class guy.

Seattle at Chicago It would be all too easy for me to label a divisional rival a bunch of drug taking cheats right here. Apparently taking a dose of Adderall is like having 10 cups of coffee in an hour or two. Come on guys, I know the coffee is pretty average in the USA generally, but you’re from Seattle, the birthplace of chain coffee shops.

Tampa Bay at Denver The flat track bullies actually play someone who is pretty good this week. This will come as some shock to the Broncos who will come up against an opponent who actually has something to play for. But it is still the Bucs who, other than Seahawks can disappoint a fan base on the road like no other.

Cleveland at Oakland Records indicate that these two teams are about on a par. But one is trending up whilst the other, is, well, just trending. I finally put my finger on the what is wrong with the Raiders the other day. It’s that they have no identity....nothing, nadda….they’re not scary, they don’t look like criminals or bikie mascots and their not very good either. The league needs to relax the bringing the game into disrepute rules so we can have the old Raiders back.

Cincinnati at San Diego 4th and 29, the runner picks up 28 yards and you get burnt on the spot. But Rice should never have gotten that close in the first place. That pretty well sums up the Chargers these days. The magic number for Norv Turner is now 1. That is, either a Broncos win or a Chargers lose and Norv’s days will done you would think. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was scanning the College Head Coach positions vacant section as we speak.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore Riddle me this? Does a winged Big Ben present the Steelers a better chance of winning in a “season on the line” matchup than Charlie Batch? History says yes. The problem is if Big Ben plays and sustains even further injury. Apparently the Ravens may even welcome Ray Lewis back this week, which is a bit of shame because their defense has been playing well in recent weeks.

Philadelphia at Dallas Here we go again! Operation Cowboys in the Playoffs will regain some momentum after the egg they laid on Thanksgiving. It won’t matter that they will beat up on a team that is jettisoning players and staff quicker than the pilot of a leaky hot air balloon and that played 6 rookies and second year veterans as offensive starters last week. No, it will all be about Romo and Bryant and the talking up of all the Cowboys making the playoffs scenarios that will dominate next week’s NFL shows.

New York Giants at Washington The Sleeping Giants woke up with a bang last week, or more accurately their lines did. It sure seems like the Giants strategy is to do just enough to make the playoffs and then have no fear of travelling across the country during the playoffs. It is a rare talent to be able to switch on and off at will but pretty annoying for punters.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore Riddle me this? Does a winged Big Ben present the Steelers a better chance of winning in a “season on the line” matchup than Charlie Batch? History says yes. The problem is if Big Ben plays and sustains even further injury. Apparently the Ravens may even welcome Ray Lewis back this week, which is a bit of shame because their defense has been playing well in recent weeks.

Ray Lewis could to be welcomed back to practice tomorrow - by rule he can only begin to practice 6 weeks from being put on IR-DTR (which is this week) and play 8 weeks from then (which is week 15 at home vs Denver and Peyton). The Ravens must have an All-world rehab regime/team because he shouldn't have been able to come back this quickly, just like Suggs shouldn't be playing right now after tearing his Achilles in May.

As for the last line, I think that improvement has been partly due to who we've played (Cleveland, Oakland, Pittsburgh w/o Ben, SD), partly due to the natural improvement that comes as a team gets used to a new scheme and partly because Ellerbe is now playing. IMO if Ellerbe stays as the starting #2 ILB when Ray gets back, the defense will be better than it is now.

The Ravens must have a rehab regime/team because he shouldn't have been able to come back this quickly, just like Suggs shouldn't be playing right now after tearing his Achilles in May.

Could we exercise a bit of brotherly love and send over Kendell Hunter for his rehab?

Could we exercise a bit of brotherly love and send over Kendell Hunter for his rehab?

What would we get for it? Can't just help out the competition because of family. Otherwise we wouldn't have destroyed your OL last Thanksgiving :p

And what would Hunter need it for anyway? He's not DTR is he?

EDIT: Just saw it might be an Achilles tear which would explain why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Claimed by the Jags off waivers. I like this.

He's been pretty average this year in pass rushing and downright s**t in run stopping.
Still, as good as he was last year, it's worth the risk. I've seen some Eagles fans complaining that it shouldn't have been Reid's decision to make. Everyone knows he's gone next year and there's little 2012 value in cutting him rather than benching.

im hoping for a nice win from baltimore to get over the steelers and keep gunning for that #2 seed in AFC as i think the texans will hold onto #1.
Odds are looking good for this game and hope ravens can get over the slow starts they have been having.

Also looking forward to vikings @ greenbay. Always look forward to this as not only am i meant to dislike the packers but my only mate that follows nfl with me is a packers man and i want to give him s**t.
I feel rogers and their O will be too strong for us. heres hoping the good vikings turns up adn not the one we have seen at times this year.

prediction on these 2 games is ravens and greenbay. dont know enough about the other teams to have a good prediction.

What would we get for it?

Considering the 49ers are basically Ravens 2.0 I'm not sure what you would need?

In regards that TNF game, if you have time, watch the Bears v 49ers game from Week 11 and take note of the common factor (tip: look at the personnel of the abused offensive lines on each occasion and what do both have in common?).

I don't normally come on this thread but I thought I would let you know Betstar are doing $2 favourites on all NFL games this week, live on ATL game now and the others are going up at 10am on Sunday.. $$$ = :):):):thumbsu:

I don't normally come on this thread but I thought I would let you know Betstar are doing $2 favourites on all NFL games this week, live on ATL game now and the others are going up at 10am on Sunday.. $$$ = :):):):thumbsu:

Probably better putting this in the punting forum.

Considering the 49ers are basically Ravens 2.0 I'm not sure what you would need?

Navarro Bowman will do :p

Seriously tho, it seems that Ray Lewis is pretty heavily into plasma injections (the sort of thing that a few AFL players have gone to Germany for) to rehab serious muscle/tendon injuries and told Suggs about them. I think I read that he basically ran Suggs' rehab for him :D

In regards that TNF game, if you have time, watch the Bears v 49ers game from Week 11 and take note of the common factor (tip: look at the personnel of the abused offensive lines on each occasion and what do both have in common?).

Chilo Rachal?

Kramer.gif

Also looking forward to vikings @ greenbay....

I feel rogers and their O will be too strong for us. heres hoping the good vikings turns up adn not the one we have seen at times this year.

prediction on these 2 games is ravens and greenbay. dont know enough about the other teams to have a good prediction.

Packers O-Line has been a sieve this season. Second most sacks conceded (37) with the Cards turnstile O-line the worst (46).

So many aspects to this game in the balance really. Vikings & Packers are both the mix for the WildCard race so this GAME is MASSIVE in the context with the Seahawks & Buccs (6-5 each), are one game back on the 7-4 Packers who need to keep winning to catch up to da Bears (8-3).

as for the AFC... Steelers division title tilt is clearly on the line here. Pull this one back and it makes it a lil' more interesting for all concerned aside Ravens fans.

Carolina at Kansas City Cam Newton has now taken the mantle over from Mark Sanchez as my most least liked QB in the NFL. I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s his posing first down signals, his Superman TD celebration or post game pouting after a loss. Maybe it’s just because he is a huge “look at me” dick. Here’s hoping the Chiefs can win one for the Brasher.

Cam's ego doesn't cope with losing at all well. Still he could run out there on his own and towel us up. :oops:

San Francisco at St. Louis I’m not liking this guessing game Harbaugh is playing at QB one little bit. Am I excited about what Kaepernick brings as a 49ers fan? Absolutely! But could the 49ers dream up any more obstacles to put in the face of Alex Smith? I’m not sure what the future holds for Smith, but I do know karma can be a bitch, and if he was running for President, I’d vote for him. I rank him on the same level as Larry Fitzgerald for all around class guy.

Team mates next year in Arizona. Possibly Wisenhunt's last chance. 'Zona may have to carry some of Kolb's contract $$ but a straight up trade allowing Smith to start and Kolb can go back to being a backup behind the Kaep man.

Kramer.gif

Packers O-Line has been a sieve this season. Second most sacks conceded (37) with the Cards turnstile O-line the worst (46).

So many aspects to this game in the balance really. Vikings & Packers are both the mix for the WildCard race so this GAME is MASSIVE in the context with the Seahawks & Buccs (6-5 each), are one game back on the 7-4 Packers who need to keep winning to catch up to da Bears (8-3).

as for the AFC... Steelers division title tilt is clearly on the line here. Pull this one back and it makes it a lil' more interesting for all concerned aside Ravens fans.
Yea the packers vikes game is hard for me to pick a clear winner but packers should get up.

The ravens game will be good as a loss will help pull them back to the flock and the steelers would love to do it to them at their own ground.

Here's hoping for 2 good games and with any luck ravens and vikes can get up, doubt it though

Strong rumors that Rolando McClain will be cut by the Raiders very soon.

And this bit of info from the HC fans that fire...

Raiders coach Dennis Allen said at his daily news conference today that middle linebacker Rolando McClain wasn’t at practice today because of “team-related issues.”

When asked for more specifics, Allen declined.

“No more details, no more comments, just team-related issues,” Allen said.

It’s also unclear whether McClain will be back anytime soon. Allen said “I don’t know that” when asked if McClain would be back at practice Thursday.

If McClain doesn’t play Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, Omar Gaither likely would get the nod. He is a seasoned veteran that is versatile enough to play inside or outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back