NFL 2012 NFL - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Bears always give the packers trouble and any Green Bay fan can confirm this!!

While i think the Pack will win the Bears are a show.
Yep, it is the one team Rodgers has average numbers against. In saying that I think we bounce back this week and put up our first win. Wish it was on ONE though as it will be a cracking game.

Cowboys @ Seahawks - thoughts ? 3 pt line... my judgement is biased
Seattle is a two TD better team at home. Lots of noise to for a make shift Dallas O-line to deal with that already has a heap of false start penalties. I think we struggle there as well. I think we will win by more but it might be a surprise upset game as well.

Bears V GB is interesting. If GB lose again they will 0-2 after starting the first two games at home. Only one team has won a SB from 0-2. Could almost be the season for them. Picking GB at a 1CR rating because of this.

Bit worried about the Ravnes/Eagles game.

Surely Vick cant play that bad again and surely they will give McCoy more touches this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Days without Arrest” record is tied

Posted by Mike Florio on September 12, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
getty_n_040511_policecar3.jpg

More than five years ago, we installed a “days without an arrest” meter. I worried at first that it was only a two-digit widget. What would happen if it ever went above 99?

It’s never been an issue, because the meter has never gone higher than 32.
Today, the all-time high has been matched.

The number is at 32 for only the second time. But for Chad Johnson’s arrest for allegedly headbutting his wife, the number would be north of 50.
I’ve said within the past year that if it ever gets to 100, I’ll dismantle it. I’ve still got 68 days before I have to make good on that quasi-promise.

Why is Vick throwing 56 times a game when he has the best RB in the league?
You obviously know nothing about Andy Reid o_O

“Days without Arrest” record is tied

Posted by Mike Florio on September 12, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT

More than five years ago, we installed a “days without an arrest” meter. I worried at first that it was only a two-digit widget. What would happen if it ever went above 99?

It’s never been an issue, because the meter has never gone higher than 32.
Today, the all-time high has been matched.
That's really kind of sad.

McCoy fumbled once during the short time I watch the game ;)

Yeah, fantastic analysis. You watched all of four plays I take it.

And the defense playing well against the Browns isn't exactly anything to crow about. Weeden is the new Gabbert :p

We'll see. I suspect Richardson will get more than 39 rush yards on alot of teams.

Why is Vick throwing 56 times a game when he has the best RB in the league?

With four RB's on the roster. Its madness.

There was a point where Vick had 9 straight passes. This resulted in a three and out, an interception leading to a FG and a pick 6 where we lost the lead for the first time.

We then started using McCoy again and he got 27 yards on 4 carries. Just really really poor playcalling and strategy.

McCoy fumbled once during the short time I watch the game ;)

And the defense playing well against the Browns isn't exactly anything to crow about. Weeden is the new Gabbert :p
Harsh on Gabbert.
What a basket case of a franchize. Bet anything they finish a couple from last, and Barkley and Wilson go and they end up getting Logan who busts and theyre back to square 1.

Week 2 Fearless Predictions

Chicago at Green Bay When's the last time that the Packers lost three in a row at home? There's every chance that dating back to last year's playoff loss to the Giants that this fate awaits GB this week. Who'd have thunk that the old black and blue division would now feature a marque match up of two contenders who could combine for 800 passing yards this Sunday?

Arizona at New England Kolb looked good in relief work in Week One, but he has always looked good as the backup coming off the bench managing to parlay spot performances into a huge payday. The beauty of backup QB's entering a game is that opponents haven't spent as much time game planning for a relief QB which is probably why Whisenhunt hasn't come out and named him the starter for Week Two yet.

Baltimore at Philadelphia Is Mike Vick trying to get Andy Reid fired, the man who was instrumental in resurrecting his career in the first place? You throw that many picks against the Ravens and there wont be any opportunity for last minute heroics. Having said that, I'm picking the Eagles because Reid will remember he has a pretty good running back at some point during the pregame show.

Cleveland at Cincinnati The Ravens offense looked pretty good last week but the Bengals defense was awful. So much for a statement game, you made Flacco look like Dan Marino. Expect a big rebound this week, especially against an NFL QB whose greatest claim to fame when he retires will be that he used to be a New York Yankee.

Houston at Jacksonville Mario who? The East Coast/Tom Brady love affair from the media is the only thing stopping the talking heads annointing the Texans the best team in the AFC...oh, and probably, Matt Schaub always being a good thing to spend extended time out injured.

Kansas City at Buffalo Both teams performed well below expectations last week, particularily defensively. The Cheifs have an excuse, half their defensive starters were out injured, Buffalo was more of a worry given their off-season moves. Here's hoping for some defensive chemistry being found in Buffalo because Fitzgerald ain't going to carry you.

Minnesota at Indianapolis The Colts Reboot continues with their home season opener. Last week it was identified that Luck's debut statistics were earily similar to Mannings debut stats. Yeah good luck Andy every breaking out of that shadow in Indie. Minnie wins because Adrian Peterson is a beast.

New Orleans at Carolina Message to Saints defensive players...when the world is out to get you then you are supposed to come out and play hard. Or maybe not having any coaches on the sideline will have a greater affect than first anticipated? I mean head coaches gets paid millions of dollars for a reason right?

Oakland at Miami No-one notices a long snapper until they make a mistake and you are instantly a Youtube phenom when you pile on the errors. Watching this game I was wondering why the Raiders just didn't go for it on forth down from then on after the blocked punt. It's a real shame because I watched the 49ers control Rodgers the day before and thought Oakland's defense put in a better performance against the Chargers.

Tampa Bay at New York Giants The Giants, frankly, looked hung over last week against the Cowboys and Tampa Bay proved they threw their coach under a bus last season. Why is the media so quick to pump up Romo when he plays one good game but are so reluctant to do so for the QB who has two SB rings?

Dallas at Seattle Russell Wilson learnt that starting defenses in preseason play at 70% of regular season pace. The Seahawks are a two touchdown better team at home which they will need to be since Romo is already being touted as an MVP candidate and the Dallas secondary is now so improved that Victor Cruze drops open passes regularly (which at least spared us from that stupid TD dance).

Washington at St. Louis RGIII has linked the futures of these two franchises for the next decade. Should have the Rams stayed put and taken RGIII themselves or will they use their draft pick bounty to become an NFC powerhouse behind Bradford? Will it matter? Neither of those guys are Kurt Warner.

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Is Ryan Clarke the Steelers most important defensive player? Did Big Ben look best when he was just running around like a lunatic making plays? Is the power of Tebow so strong that just the very fear of being benched pushed Sanchez to new heights or the Bills that bad? Week 2 should help answer these questions

Tennessee at San Diego I still can't believe Norv Turner is on the sideline coaching San Diego, but that is for another time. Early season, at home, should win game for the Chargers is exactly the type of match up they are prone to lose. But then again, Chris Johnson is firming in early season betting for fantasy football bust of the year so I'm not sure how the Ttians can rack up enough points.

Detroit at San Francisco Last time these two teams met the game ended in scenes more akin to a sitting of the South Korean parliment then a football match. It will be interesting to see how the replacement officials deal with the sideline antics of these two head coaches. The 49ers continue to have no hope in these big ticket games because they have a game manager for a QB.

Denver at Atlanta Where did Denver find all these receivers? Oh that's right. It took me precisely two Bronco offensive series to realise how much I missed hating Manning the Snr's bobble head doll antics under centre. Don't over-rate the Falcons' offensive prowess just yet, they were playing against a team missing half of their defensive starters.

Not surprisingly, Peterson was used extremely conservatively (14 carries for 58 yards during regular time) but managed to bust open with carries of 10 and 20 yards during overtime to end up with some decent numbers. he only had one carry over 10 yards during regualr time, but banged it in from 3 and 2 yards for a couple of TDs. The second carry in OT had FB Jerome Felton as the lead blocker, and I'm hoping they'll become a usefull tandem during the season.

Peterson always said he'd be ready for the season opener, and there were many doubters when he made that statement. I'm sure they won't be heard of again....
He will have a field day against the colts D, i just hope our O can compensate.

Detroit at San Francisco Last time these two teams met the game ended in scenes more akin to a sitting of the South Korean parliment then a football match. It will be interesting to see how the replacement officials deal with the sideline antics of these two head coaches. The 49ers continue to have no hope in these big ticket games because they have a game manager for a QB.

Beating the Packers at Lambau is more of a 'big ticket game' than facing the Lions in California.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back