2012 NHL off-season (a.k.a. Another freaking lockout) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Owners/Bettman can GAGF

Agreed, I don't get the whole "The owners were so emotional and told me the process was over" bullcrap. There's still a chance to save a 50/60 game season at this point and if teams are closer now than ever why just shut it down? These are supposed to be grown men with a corporate mindset, don't burst into tears like a child because you don't like what has been offered. Concede some of the points, table a counter-offer to the NHLPA and get the f*cking deal done.

I'm no big city strike expert, but will the eventual agreement be good enough to make up for the players lost earnings from this season?
It's not even about the high end guys and the earnings they will or won't make. It is more about making sure that the overall money pot is large enough to give the lower end guys a good slice and all the benefits that come along with it. Some of these guys might only be in the league for two or three years before being cut and it's making sure their wages are protected and not shrunk down in a smaller salary cap.

At least that is part of it.

Don Fehr is bad news. After yesterday's fiasco, I'm surprised anyone is still pro-players.
That would seem to depend entirely on whose tweets you read regarding what happened. Interesting article on Fehr. Not sure he's as big a driving force as some make out.

Don Fehr is bad news. After yesterday's fiasco, I'm surprised anyone is still pro-players.

A mate of mine works for the AFLPA, they are flying him in next year and having him as a guest speaker..

i might go and throw eggs at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think weve all accepted thats its over.

I (stupidly), had raised some internal hope that after the players and owners had their own meeting a few weeks ago minus the NHL and NHLPA , and made traction, that the two sides would make ground and get it done..only to have the completely eroded a couple of days later after each proposal was instantly rejected by the opposing party and they havent talked since..

We have to all accept that bettman and Fehr are far too concerned with winning, and obliterating the other opponent rather than coming up with a fair compromised solution to get hockey back for the fans...

When you have a basketball guy running the NHL and a baseball guy running the NHLPA...they couldnt care less about the sport.

Everyone involved in this, the NHl, the owners, the NHLPA and the players individually should all be ashamed of themselves.

I am on no side, they are all pathetic, but the side i have most trouble dealing with is the players... They are given the greatest gift to be able to play hockey for a living, a very healthy comfortable living, they get the chance to experience a life so many fans dream of, they are giving all this up because the millions they receive each year isnt good enough...They shouldnt be allowed to head to sweden and europe to take the jobs of other guys who are career guys in those leagues. they should be forced to flip burgers at dennys, or work in an office 45 hours a week for 50k a year, perhaps get a little perspective ...

Evander Kane can't hear ya, Catters

689408f64680b034ad1aa349c099.jpg

The 94-95 lockout ended on January 11th, 1995...

Does that imply you have some small hope PG?

or just an FYI stat of whats coming in two weeks?

they wont cancel another segment of games, if they havent agreed by jan 10-11 without a new deal, they will call it all off..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back