Oppo Camp 2012 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn is not in the same stratosphere as us 07/09/11... Backline weak and midfield lacks spread... Swans willmpush them all the way, I told every1 I work with crows were a sniff bcoz hawks overrated ... Food for thought, Geelong 3 hawks and swans - 3... Hawks struggle against the boys

Yeah, I was joking with the 20 goals line. I do still think Hawthorn will win, though. Hodge coming back will help the backline and midfield and the Swans don't really have anyone to take advantage of Schoenmakers, Reid did nothing on Friday. If Buddy kicks as badly as he did last night again the Swans might have a chance.

I think the Swans are a very good chance....they smashed the Pies, and they have the game to pressure the Hawks...

I said last week they can beat anybody. Nothing has happened this week to change my mind.

That game reminded me of our 2007 Prelim, same margin with the massive underdogs hanging around all game. I just hope it doesn't mean the Hawks are going to win the GF by 20 goals.

I'm firmly on the Swans bandwagon this week. Hopefully having Mummy will be enough for the Kennett curse to kick in.

I think the shoenclangers curse might be enough.

Hawthorn did well to get over their nerves and loss of Hodge, I expect they will sail through now.

Rioli and Mitchell got them over the line. I can't stand Mitchell but he is some player, Rioli I just wished played for Geelong. What a player.

on offsiders, swans record at the g post 2006 gf is something like 3 wins, a draw and 16 losses.

hopefully not too ominous.

Sydney had lost their last 11 against Collingwood before Friday night too. History means nothing.

A couple of interesting omens that work work ways.

Hawthorn last to Richmond this year. The last time they did that was 2008 & they went on to win the flag.

Sydney beat Collingwood on Friday. The last time they did that was 2005 & they went on to win the flag.

I've heard a few times that Mumford might be under investigation for something he did on Friday night. Does anyone know what it is that he's meant to have done, and how serious is it?

There's apparently a behind play incident where he 'interfered with an injured player' in Dawes. I'd imagine he was 'testing out' Dawes' dodgy knee but unless he pulled out a hammer and tried to break it, there's no way he'd be suspended for a GF for it.

Sydney had lost their last 11 against Collingwood before Friday night too. History means nothing.

true, history is there to be broken.

but could also mean they dont play the g that well.

There's apparently a behind play incident where he 'interfered with an injured player' in Dawes. I'd imagine he was 'testing out' Dawes' dodgy knee but unless he pulled out a hammer and tried to break it, there's no way he'd be suspended for a GF for it.

and cos dawes complained to the ump it is immediately referred to the mrp.

Hope to hell the Dawks get done today and I think they do.
I like the fact they have choked in many games this season (so too have Sydney) and I also like the fact that Reid played poorly last week and the week before...he's now due for a good game.

Swans 1-39 points is my pick and I reckon Kennedy wins the norm smith medal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really enjoying the dying moments of our reign. Fox have taken the decision of whether to put a certain DVD on out of my hands... :)
Oh and The Bloods by 17

Great goal SJ!!!

I'm really enjoying the dying moments of our reign. Fox have taken the decision of whether to put a certain DVD on out of my hands... :)
Oh and The Bloods by 17

Great goal SJ!!!

CH7 just reporting Mumford is in doubt and about to have a fitness test.

How ironic it would be if the Swans win the flag and he misses out again.

Massive job now for Mike Pyke if he is ruled out.

You'd think Mummy would have to be pretty much crippled to be ruled out at this late stage.

Massive job now for Mike Pyke if he is ruled out.

You'd think Mummy would have to be pretty much crippled to be ruled out at this late stage.

You'd think so.

Although the amount of injuries he has had at the Swans, even this year, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't right to go.

Huge job for Pyke. Fortunately Hawks rucks aren't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back