2012 Off season business

Remove this Banner Ad

Ian Crook (former Spurs, Norwich, Northern Spirit player, Newcastle coach) is set to be the new Sydney FC boss. He's their youth team coach at the moment. Good coach but would he have what it takes to make headlines and get the fickle Sydney public through the gates?

CCM have resigned Pedj Bojic for another two years, excellent news. Zac Anderson from the Gold Coast has also joined the Mariners, potentially a good central defender signing.

Mitch Nichols is off to Randers in Denmark for a look, and a possible 4 year deal is on the cards...sad to see him leave as he's my favourite player at Roar...very under rated imo too, especially by Roar fans.

Mitch Nichols is off to Randers in Denmark for a look, and a possible 4 year deal is on the cards...sad to see him leave as he's my favourite player at Roar...very under rated imo too, especially by Roar fans.

He could do a lot better than Randers tbf.

I agree...but I guess you go where your agent can get you...still, I think there are plenty of better leagues he could do well at.

Apparently Glory have signed Thwaite and Scott Jamieson. Nice if confirmed it has to be said.

Both have signed. Brilliant signings IMO, Thwaite was being courted by nearly every team in the league and we are desperte for left-sided players.

Sweet. :thumbsu:

Our defence is shaping up to be really strong.

Jamieson can fill in the Heff whenever he gets sent off throughout the season too. Or even push him up the pitch and play as a left winger seeing as Andrezinho, Howarth and the smoking dutchman are not longer with us.

Thwaite was spotted in Perth on Wednesday. They are just going through the final details of his contract. Believed to be $500k over two seasons.

Jamieson can fill in the Heff whenever he gets sent off throughout the season too. Or even push him up the pitch and play as a left winger seeing as Andrezinho, Howarth and the smoking dutchman are not longer with us.

Yep. I see Jamieson as a direct replacement on Howarth and it is probably an upgrade. Howarth was a solid pro but Jamieson on his day is a much better footballer.

Still need to find a replacement for Andrezinho/Sikor though to be our regular starting left winger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tribalfootball is ran by a football agent so a lot of it is to pump his own players up and completely made up. Has been heard somewhere else though so the story has some legs. It's Red Star Belgrade too ;)

Matthew Kemp has retired. Only 31 but still, he looked and played like he was 35 last season. If this was 12 months ago Glory would have tried to sign him.

Matthew Kemp has retired. Only 31 but still, he looked and played like he was 35 last season. If this was 12 months ago Glory would have tried to sign him.

Great news for victory, he was absolutely appalling last season although over his entire career he was a decent player for us. Pity we couldn't have pawned him off to Perth earlier so I didn't have to watch his last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back