NFL 2012 Off-Season - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2012 Off-Season Discussion

Just curious...

Jamarcus Russell ‏ @RealJRock2 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
First day officially enrolled back in LSU… Moms is too excited!!

@elvesandplums I’ll respond because you’re so persistent. I don’t fully blame the Raiders for what happened, most of it was MY fault…

@elvesandplums the thing is my faults are WELL known and documented, and it’s like no one noticed the situation I was in as well.

Jets shopping Sanchez???

https://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/188434690833793026

Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob
**NFL UPDATED RUMOR**Source: Jets shopping Mark Sanchez (HARD) so far minimal interest nobody biting yet. Source confirms Rex wants him gone

This guy has a great strike rate at landing scoops on a lot of deals in all sports over the past few years.

On the contrary he has a terrible strike rate. He has a high volume of 'correct' results purely because he posts so many rumours.

Well Im more inclined to listen to what he has to say on stuff like this than not. Just me though!

Warren Sapp files for bankruptcy.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/06/warren-sapp-broke-super-bowl-ring/

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer Warren Sapp has filed for bankruptcy ... claiming he's racked up millions of dollars in debts ... but worst of all, dude claims he LOST his 2002 Super Bowl ring.

According to the docs, Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to various creditors ... including hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support payments and alimony to at least 4 different baby mamas.

Money management and condoms, the two things most lacking with regards to an American professional athlete.

You will find that Sapp is claiming that he has lost his SB ring to avoid having to give it up like teammate Chidi Ahanotu did...

A judge ordered former defensive end Chidi Ahanotu on Tuesday to surrender the championship ring he won after the 2002 NFC title game.

According to Anwar Richardson of the Tampa Tribune, Ahanotu's ex-wife's lawyers are trying to get the ring in order to "pay more than $130,000 in legal fees owed by the former football player."

"This court system is a farce," Ahanotu said. "This court wants a man to hand over his once-in-a-lifetime accomplishment to pay some damn attorney's fees? I could see if it was going to pay something for my children or my ex-wife."

Ahanotu reportedly tried to protect the ring, telling Circuit Judge Elizabeth Rice that he gave it to his brother "to settle a $30,000 debt."

In September, he said he couldn't afford to pay his ex-wife the $130,000 in legal fees over a custody battle.

Now, he must give up the ring or "risk being jailed for contempt of court."

Ahanotu spent 12 years in the NFL, playing with the Rams and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

My prediction time....Sanchez to Browns as back-up to overtake McCoy! Just a swing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well they heard it here first:D

Shopping PICK #3 Not outta the Question for the Vikings..

spielman1.jpg

Bucs have signed former Texans 1st round pick DT Amobi Okoye. He is still only 24 years old. Love the signing.

@caplannfl: The #Buccaneers and DT Amobi Okoye agreed to a one-year, two mill deal, his agents Darin Morgan and Ian Greengross confirmed. … $700k of Okoye’s deal is guaranteed. He’ll give them an inside pass rusher in nickel situations. … If all are healthy (big if), the #Buccaneers could wind up having the best DT rotation in the NFL this season.

Jets shopping Sanchez???

https://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob/status/188434690833793026

This guy has a great strike rate at landing scoops on a lot of deals in all sports over the past few years.

If IB is tweeting that Sanchez is being offered for trade, then it actually means that Sanchez is locked in to being the Jets starter for the next two years.

If there was even half a chance of the rumour being actually one that exists and not one that doesn't have legs outside IB's addled head, wouldn't the likes of Rich Cimini (a noted Jets hater), NY Daily News and the NY Post be all over it?

Sapp's been "benched" on NFLN.

Snippet...

Though it was wrong for Sapp to “out” Shockey and label him a “snitch,” Sapp initially did so on his Twitter page. As we understand it, he was then invited by NFL Network to come on the air and talk about what he had tweeted.

What did they expect him to say at that point, “No way — it’s a trap”?

Moreover, the fact that NFLN said in the wake of the fiasco that Sapp has been told he’s not a reporter but an analyst implied strongly that he hadn’t previously been told not to report things he has heard. Indeed, the network happily embraced the fact that Sapp received a text message from former University of Miami teammate Ray Lewis during the season, indicating that Lewis would miss the first of four games with a foot injury.

But that’s the way the league usually operates. No one is fired with fanfare, and the official separation comes after the dust settles.

If that’s what the league-owned network chooses to do with Sapp, that’s fine. But the league-owned network shouldn’t have played word games with the public about it, and the league-owned network shouldn’t single Sapp out for something that arose from a much broader failure in TV production and sensitivity to potential legal problems.

Bengals trade former 9th overall pick Keith Rivers to the Giants for a 5th round draft pick.

Can be turned into a solid LBer addition if he remains healthy. Not expecting too much, but the talent was there. Liked the guy in college, hopefully he can turn it around. Probably wasn't going to re-sign with the Bengals, in the last year of his rookie contract.

Interesting admission by Brian Billick

Jamarcus Russell was highest graded player ever on Ravens draft boards over the years

Few teams have drafted as well as the Ravens in recent years. But in a reminder of just how hard it is to get draft evaluations right every time, the former coach of the Ravens said this morning that one of the biggest draft busts in history was also the player the Ravens liked the best.

Brian Billick said on ESPN Radio that in his nine years as head coach of the Ravens, the highest grade Baltimore ever had on any player heading into the draft was in 2007, and the player wasn’t that year’s No. 2 overall pick, Calvin Johnson. It was that year’s No. 1 overall pick, JaMarcus Russell.

“We did a pretty decent job, and obviously they continue to do a phenomenal job in Baltimore, with Ozzie Newsome and his group,” Billick said. “JaMarcus Russell was the highest-rated player I’ve ever seen on any of our boards. So we all missed on JaMarcus Russell. Make no mistake.”

Billick (who will be a guest on Friday’s PFT Live) compared the way Russell shot up draft boards in the spring of 2007 to the way Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill is shooting up draft boards this year. Billick wasn’t suggesting that Tannehill will bust like Russell did, but he was saying that teams can sometimes fall in love with players for reasons other than what happened on the field during their college careers. And the Ravens certainly fell in love with Russell.

The reality is the Ravens knew they weren’t going to draft Russell: Baltimore went 13-3 the year before and had the 29th pick in the draft, and they were gearing up for another playoff run with quarterback Steve McNair while still hoping McNair’s young backup, Kyle Boller, would develop into a quality NFL starter some day. The Ravens probably gave that high grade to Russell without digging too deep because they knew he wouldn’t be coming to Baltimore.

But still: There are no sure things in the NFL draft. And if there’s a player you think might be, just remember that JaMarcus Russell once looked like a sure thing, too.

The Falcons are being courted by HBO to be the featured team in "Hard Knocks."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back