Mega Thread 2012 - random football thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Where does this leave Watts? CHB?

BINGO!

He's still a kid. No long term concerns here.

Re Watts, don't know to be honest where his best position will be

He's far too athletic and agile to be a gorilla IMO

To bulk him up TOO much would kill his best assets

BINGO Jones needs more support, but I don't think any mids eligible for FA really fit our needs.

Grimes will spend more time in the midfield, we need Gysberts to get more games under his belt, Trengove will improve, add some pace and class with picks 3 and 4, trade pick 12 / 13 for a mature mid, Viney is ready made.

Cloke is a good player and having Clark / Cloke would be a nightmare for defenders

I agree that Cloke probably isn't our best option; sure the fact that he's a FA makes it seem almost like a bargain considering we only have to give up cap space - but our list has more pressing needs.

Clark, Martin resting and Watts up forward next year - with Jurrah (hopefully), Howe, Blease, Sylvia, Davey rotating through is quite a good set up.

What we need are midfielders who can win the ball and use the ball.

Where does this leave all the other prospective talls that Melbourne have drafted?

Frawley, Garland, Rivers and McDonald take care of the defensive talls, and Clarke, Cloke and Watts would shore up the offensive talls.

Where does this leave all the other prospective talls that Melbourne have drafted?

Frawley, Garland, Rivers and McDonald take care of the defensive talls, and Clarke, Cloke and Watts would shore up the offensive talls.

Hopefully Gawn can get fit and take over from Jamar in a few years, and Martin is versatile as a second ruck/tall forward.

Davis has shown some signs playing at FB for Casey, no doubt he'll get a chance at some point. I've heard that Neeld doesn't rate Cook at all (hardness at the ball I think), so it will be interesting to see if he's still around next year. I don't think we have much chance of getting Cloke tbh, it will be either Collingwood or Carlton, so I hope we keep Cook around for at least another year as he's also shown some decent form at Casey.

Probably on the block or trade table

Fantasy anyway, we won't get Cloke

On channel 7, in the aftermath of arguably the game of the year, there's still room to show Jeremy Howe's highlight reel once more.

Relevant as ever.

On channel 7, in the aftermath of arguably the game of the year, there's still room to show Jeremy Howe's highlight reel once more.

Relevant as ever.
noticed our win against Essendon also gets a feature in one of the latest AFL promo's :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back