2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost done

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2007
Albury
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought I'd bite the bullet and get the 2012 season underway and fire out a couple of questions:
  • When do clubs start/resume pre-season training?
  • Any big name recruits to speak of? Yack and Thurgoona have mentioned a couple, anyone else?
  • How are the new coaches settling in to the role?
  • Any bold ladder predictions or finals predictions?

Round 1 31/03/2012
RUTHvWAH
KSCvMU
YACKvTALL
DMBvBEECH
CHILTvBARN
WSvTHUR

EASTER BREAK

Round 2 14/04/2012
BARNvWS
THURvWAH
RUTHvKSC
TALLvDMB
MUvYACK
BEECHvCHILT

Round 3 21/04/2012
WSvBEECH
WAHvKSC
YACKvRUTH
DMBvMU
CHILTvTALL
THURvBARN

Round 4 28/04/2012
TALLvWS
BARNvWAH
BEECHvTHUR
MUvCHILT
RUTHvDMB
KSCvYACK

Round 5 5/05/2012
WSvMU
YACKvWAH
DMBvKSC
CHILTvRUTH
THURvTALL
BARNvBEECH

Round 6 12/05/2012
WAHvBEECH
TALLvBARN
MUvTHUR
RUTHvWS
KSCvCHILT
YACKvDMB

Round 7 19/05/2012
WAHvDMB
CHILTvYACK
WSvKSC
THURvRUTH
BARNvMU
BEECHvTALL

Interleague - TDFL v HUME

Round 8 2/06/2012
TALLvWAH
MUvBEECH
RUTHvBARN
KSCvTHUR
YACKvWS
DMBvCHILT

Round 9 16/06/2012
WAHvCHILT
WSvDMB
THURvYACK
BARNvKSC
BEECHvRUTH
TALLvMU

Round 10 23/06/2012
MUvWAH
RUTHvTALL
KSCvBEECH
YACKvBARN
DMBvTHUR
CHILTvWS

Round 11 30/06/2012
WAHvWS
THURvCHILT
BARNvDMB
BEECHvYACK
TALLvKSC
MUvRUTH

Round 12 7/07/2012
WAHvTHUR
WSvBARN
CHILTvBEECH
DMBvTALL
YACKvMU
KSCvRUTH

Round 13 14/07/2012
KSCvWAH
RUTHvYACK
MUvDMB
TALLvCHILT
BEECHvWS
BARNvTHUR

Round 14 21/07/2012
WAHvBARN
THURvBEECH
WSvTALL
DMBvRUTH
YACKvKSC
CHILTvMU

Round 15 28/07/2012
WAHvYACK
KSCvDMB
RUTHvCHILT
MUvWS
TALLvTHUR
BEECHvBARN

Round 16 4/08/2012
DMBvBARN
YACKvBEECH
KSCvWS
RUTHvTHUR
MUvTALL
CHILTvWAH

Round 17 11/08/2012
BEECHvWAH
WSvRUTH
BARNvTALL
THURvMU
CHILTvKSC
DMBvYACK

Round 18 18/08/2012
WAHvRUTH
BEECHvMU
BARNvCHILT
THURvKSC
WSvDMB
TALLvYACK

25th/26th August Elim/Qual Final
1st/2nd September Semi 1/Semi 2
8th September Preliminary Final
15th September Grand Final

sorry to post this in your footy thred Im unable to start a new one and have been a member over a week (I thiought the wait was like 5 days) SO does anyone know if their teams netball is putting in a C grade as it has been introduced this year?? thanks all and have a good year.

There might be a bit relief coming the way most of the canteens( ruckmans ) in the league.Word has it that N.Fraser is heading to the Upper Murray. They must have found a large crop to pay him and B.McEvoy. Let's wait and see !!!!:thumbsu:

No word on Saints yet after the coup of signing Burgess ?? Seems a few more of there guys are heading to the Upper Murray aswell.

sorry to post this in your footy thred Im unable to start a new one and have been a member over a week (I thiought the wait was like 5 days) SO does anyone know if their teams netball is putting in a C grade as it has been introduced this year?? thanks all and have a good year.

Apparently Thurgoona are putting in a C grade side.

Apparently Thurgoona are putting in a C grade side.
I think Saints should pack up go back to Bethanga and join the upper Murray League, its not good for the competition or the people at Wodonga saints to get belted by 200pts week after week year after year?
I got told today that Frazer dont have to train just rock up on saturdays.:):):(

I think Saints should pack up go back to Bethanga and join the upper Murray League, its not good for the competition or the people at Wodonga saints to get belted by 200pts week after week year after year?
I got told today that Frazer dont have to train just rock up on saturdays.:):):(
saints haved signed jayden holt, leischke, thorpe alll young kids from wodonga and raiders with a few more about to sign

saints haved signed jayden holt, leischke, thorpe alll young kids from wodonga and raiders with a few more about to sign

Yeah good luck if they have signed a few good young ones, Ive only ever heard good raps about Terry and his coaching, mite be time for them to turn the tables as i think all clubs go through A TOUGH period at times some just a bit longer than others.:):thumbsu:

Have not heard much from Tallangatta, other than the loss of key forward Jack Russell...

Will they be the bottom dwellers considering Yack have picked up 1 quality player in Castles and a few others and the Saints may have a couple of quality young guys?

It sounds as if the Saints are in Wodonga for the long haul and with the signing of Burgess might be a chance of gaining some respect but with no signings of note it sounds like another long season for them. It seems half of the Saints list ends up in the Upper Murray comp with half of them going up to Walwa this year.

Bethanga were given the option of changing leagues before they moved into Wodonga but decided against it, the Upper Murray had no reserves and Bullioh hadn't reformed. If locals had their time over again i wonder if they would of made a differnet decision. Pretty ironic that 2 of Bethanga's past players (Shane and Clint Reid) now are president and senior coach of Bullioh.:eek::eek::eek:

It sounds as if the Saints are in Wodonga for the long haul and with the signing of Burgess might be a chance of gaining some respect but with no signings of note it sounds like another long season for them. It seems half of the Saints list ends up in the Upper Murray comp with half of them going up to Walwa this year.

Bethanga were given the option of changing leagues before they moved into Wodonga but decided against it, the Upper Murray had no reserves and Bullioh hadn't reformed. If locals had their time over again i wonder if they would of made a differnet decision. Pretty ironic that 2 of Bethanga's past players (Shane and Clint Reid) now are president and senior coach of Bullioh.:eek::eek::eek:

Bethanga locals are not behind the football coming back and that the club would need to help get back on track in what ever league the Saints play in, Or they could MERGE Saints and Border Walwa together seem half the players are there.

Bethanga locals are not behind the football coming back and that the club would need to help get back on track in what ever league the Saints play in, Or they could MERGE Saints and Border Walwa together seem half the players are there.

change of location is not the answer. If the infrastructure is in place which i know woodsy is working hard on, adopting a similar model to Thurgoona did 6 years ago. Maybe a move to number 2 oval to help them keep there own identity. As mentioned in an earlier post they need to use being based in Wodonga as an advantage. Kids can ride their bikes to trainings and home games. They have the chance to play on a quality surface (Les Cheesley is nearly better then John Flower). Get the structures right membership, sponsorships, juniors, image etc to attract players...... Build it and they will come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tallangatta are in alot of trouble talking to one of there players the other day they have lost russell (wod), chilton(perth), nye(perth), wood(walla),
scott gigliotti(bul) riddington(north alb) there is 2 guys left from there grand final team smith and fraser, why does everyone leave the club, from where they were 3 years ago to now it will b tallangatta of 6-7 years ago where they where sitting on bottom of ladder. thats my tip for the year saints to get of the bottom and hoppers replace them

Have not heard much from Tallangatta, other than the loss of key forward Jack Russell...

Will they be the bottom dwellers considering Yack have picked up 1 quality player in Castles and a few others and the Saints may have a couple of quality young guys?

anybody heard if Wodonga are running there preseason comp again might be a few clubs interested with the early start to the season and ground avaliabilityhard to get with cricket still playing home and away games

anybody heard if Wodonga are running there preseason comp again might be a few clubs interested with the early start to the season and ground avaliabilityhard to get with cricket still playing home and away games
As far as I have heard, yes it is still running and clubs have signed up. More would alway be better... If clubs are interested, there is good prize money up for grabs and everything is taken care of...
Ring or email Wodonga Bulldogs for more information...

change of location is not the answer. If the infrastructure is in place which i know woodsy is working hard on, adopting a similar model to Thurgoona did 6 years ago. Maybe a move to number 2 oval to help them keep there own identity. As mentioned in an earlier post they need to use being based in Wodonga as an advantage. Kids can ride their bikes to trainings and home games. They have the chance to play on a quality surface (Les Cheesley is nearly better then John Flower). Get the structures right membership, sponsorships, juniors, image etc to attract players...... Build it and they will come.
Great points there NOP i like your comparision to Thurgoona's situation not that long ago but if i was the Saints i'd be looking at Baranduda as a long term solution to their problems. Most district clubs struggle to survive when competing against O and M clubs in rural cities eg. East Lavi, South Albury folded while the Magpies have battled in the Hume league for years. Baranduda is only 10 kms from Wodonga, is growing rapidly with a large number of young families and has a sports ground with change rooms ready to go.:thumbsu:

I couldn't agree more with the Baranduda suggestion for the Wodonga Saints, it makes a lot of sense, but this is not the first time it has been suggested :confused:

Saints people....is this being considered and if not why?

I couldn't agree more with the Baranduda suggestion for the Wodonga Saints, it makes a lot of sense, but this is not the first time it has been suggested :confused:

Saints people....is this being considered and if not why?

Some good points about W/Saints, As far a i know about Baranduda move not happening is they need lights put up and for the oval to be fenced off and Saints cant afford that sort of money and local council wont come to the party?
Government grants and local support and i think Woodsie and the boys could do it!!!!:rolleyes:

As far as I have heard, yes it is still running and clubs have signed up. More would alway be better... If clubs are interested, there is good prize money up for grabs and everything is taken care of...
Ring or email Wodonga Bulldogs for more information...

They should change it to Irish footy for the pre season comp? be good for a change and for all the boys to experience to play our international game:thumbsu:

They should change it to Irish footy for the pre season comp? be good for a change and for all the boys to experience to play our international game:thumbsu:
most clubs should be full on by now any new recruits, herd kiewa have leigh camron, josh bartel and one of jase bartel mates from ballarat signed up for this year, also herd a few more henty boys are floating out to thurgoona

most clubs should be full on by now any new recruits, herd kiewa have leigh camron, josh bartel and one of jase bartel mates from ballarat signed up for this year, also herd a few more henty boys are floating out to thurgoona

Snifferdog... Kiewa will be hard to beat again
Henty if they are to be losing a few Thurgoona and A Wilson has gone back to Jindera and they didnt have much talent to lose so it will be rough times ahead for Henty, Didnt they sign Klemke from Nth Albury as coach? I would of thought he would of dragged a few with him.;)

i think u are talking about piltz he is coaching henty.. so by the sounds of it the dogs are just paying the cash out big time to win the cup that they had them selfs down for last year.. so are keiwa mitta and dogs the only team signing any players.... surely teams would had to have some guys its 5 weeks till praccy matches start, barny boys are keeping pretty quite the bushies, bombers, cats and lions have not heard nothing from any news if plugga staying or what

Snifferdog... Kiewa will be hard to beat again
Henty if they are to be losing a few Thurgoona and A Wilson has gone back to Jindera and they didnt have much talent to lose so it will be rough times ahead for Henty, Didnt they sign Klemke from Nth Albury as coach? I would of thought he would of dragged a few with him.;)

What's going on at the lion's den? Sacked the committee and 12 players have walked out is what I've heard. Apparantly all over missing money. Any truth fella's?

What's going on at the lion's den? Sacked the committee and 12 players have walked out is what I've heard. Apparantly all over missing money. Any truth fella's?

What a shame.................;)

Not sure about your mail on the committee however their are some issues at that level in the club relating to finances, as for the 12 players walking out that might be exagerated as well. (Lets hope not)

Have heard though - King has gone to a club in the ACT and Kerlin (Nathan) may be following him there. Other senior players within the club looking to jump ship as well.

A lot of bad mail down this way about the mighty Lions.

Don't ask me to elaborate - because I dont care. Having a lot of fun sitting back and watching them implode.

What a shame..............;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back