2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unfortunate Suncoast for a match to be "called". haven't heard of that happening for a while, practise match or not.
Same thing happened last week. Aspley Vs Kenmore, Kenmore went on the snipe game was called off in the Qtr by Aspley

Yes it was called off and caboolture's Caloundra's conduct was nothing short of disgraceful.if they want to be a success in divvy 2 then they need to have a good hard look at the way they go about it because the cheap shots and king hits were pathetic and has no place in this comp.i think they think they are still in div 4.lets hope the players responsible get rubbed out for a period of time. I did hear one of the players was a new recruit and was under suspension from another league for 4 weeks. Time for caboolture's Caloundra's footy club to get fair dinkum and play footy or f--ck off.

Fixed.

Find it hard to believe that a team in control of the game was able also get away with cheap shots behind play. Maybe you need perscription glasses, or maybe you've spent too long in the Collingwood cheer squad either way if you think players who provoke crud like happened yesterday should be rubbed out of the game you don't need to wait for the league or Caboolture you can deal with knob's inside your own club and lead by example.

Mat
Fixed.

Find it hard to believe that a team in control of the game was able also get away with cheap shots behind play. Maybe you need perscription glasses, or maybe you've spent too long in the Collingwood cheer squad either way if you think players who provoke crud like happened yesterday should be rubbed out of the game you don't need to wait for the league or Caboolture you can deal with knob's inside your own club and lead by example.
Mate I'm not a Caloundra follower rather i like to get around to all sunny coast clubs and have a look but if you think they were at fault you are kidding yourself.youmight want to take your one eyed patch of and have a proper think about your post.why was it that a few caboolture players went over to the Caloundra group and addressed them and apologised for your clubs actions and violent behaviour.cmon mate your club needs to improve in this area if you want to be a success in div 2 it really is not on and a poor reflection on your club as a whole.

Yes it was called off and caboolture's conduct was nothing short of disgraceful.if they want to be a succsess in divvy 2 then they need to have a good hard look at the way they go about it because the cheap shots and king hits were pathetic and has no place in this comp.i think they think they are still in div 3.lets hope the players responsible get rubbed out for a period of time.i did hear one of the players was a new recruit and was under suspension from another league for 4 weeks.time for caboolture's footy club to get fair dinkum and play footy or f--ck off.

I would like to comment on the incident being spoken about on this forum. I spoke to someone from the Caboolture AFC and this matter will be dealt with accordingly. It is important to know and understand that 2 players from both sides were reported during the incident. Information received yesterday was that Caboolture in the last 3 years have had 1 player reported for a minor incident and have worked extremely hard to gain the respect of the greater football community.
Both clubs would have reason to be disappointed with some of their players and that individual internal action would be taken to prevent such incidents occurring in the future.

Mat
Mate I'm not a Caloundra follower rather i like to get around to all sunny coast clubs and have a look but if you think they were at fault you are kidding yourself.youmight want to take your one eyed patch of and have a proper think about your post.why was it that a few caboolture players went over to the Caloundra group and addressed them and apologised for your clubs actions and violent behaviour.cmon mate your club needs to improve in this area if you want to be a success in div 2 it really is not on and a poor reflection on your club as a whole.

Another neutral observer?

Another neutral observer?
You got it one genius that's exactly what I am.ill watch nambour, Caloundra maroochy noosa glasshouse.
I don't follow any one team just get around to any game that's on the coast.
You also haven't answered my question pal.why did your players apologise to the Caloundra group if they weren't at fault?

Mat
I am the senior coach of the Caboolture Football Club.I don't hide behind a false profile.
While i agree that some of the actions from yesterdays game were something that our club were not happy with and will be dealt with accordingly.
I spoke with the coach and players of the Caloundra club after the game and after discussion everyone left on good terms.
There were certainly things we were not happy with on the day but a forum is not the place to air them.
I sent an email to the Caloundra football club today explaining my thoughts on the situation.

We certainly respect them and look forward to meeting them later in the year and wish them all the best for season 2013.

I would certainly like the opportunity to discuss the game in detail with next time you are at the ground.

You can certainly contact me before if you like.

I have read this forum for the last few years and had to jump on and discuss the above couple of posts.

Obviously I am a Caloundra player. Saturday wasn't a great result but I certainly don't hold the Caboolture club responsible for a couple of loose cannons and I believe that there would have been some very disappointed players, officials and supporters on the day, especially as a win may have been on the cards.

I personally had a lot of respect for the Caboolture player that came and addressed our group.

And I certainly agree that discussing tribunal and the like matters shouldn't be done on here, at all. Appreciate the interest Suncoast Footy but we should probably move on. It appears that this happened with Aspley and Kenmore, and this time of year tends to bring out the preseason heros that have generally given up by round 2, or have upset their 60 new mates!

Good luck Caboolture, looking forward to a real season local derby!

I am the senior coach of the Caboolture Football Club.I don't hide behind a false profile.
While i agree that some of the actions from yesterdays game were something that our club were not happy with and will be dealt with accordingly.
I spoke with the coach and players of the Caloundra club after the game and after discussion everyone left on good terms.
There were certainly things we were not happy with on the day but a forum is not the place to air them.
I sent an email to the Caloundra football club today explaining my thoughts on the situation.

We certainly respect them and look forward to meeting them later in the year and wish them all the best for season 2013.

I would certainly like the opportunity to discuss the game in detail with next time you are at the ground.

I heard also that there was out of line aggression from your players grahamobrien against Nambour, now this came from talking to Nambour people, do you feel you have a reputation problem that links onto game time, white line fever or just other clubs talking crap.

if they want to be a succsess in divvy 2 then they need to have a good hard look at the way they go about it because the cheap shots and king hits were pathetic and has no place in this comp.i think they think they are still in div 3.

I've got some news for you mate, that sort of thing is not acceptable in ANY division.

In fact, having played Div 3&4 for 5 years now, I've never even seen a fight break out.

Regardless of the previous weekend's situation, I have no knowledge of the match in question & don't wish to comment on it. What I would like to know is 'do the same rules/laws apply in practice matches, e.g are suspended players able to play, is the tribunal system utilised as per during the regular season?' from what I hear there is to be a shortage of umpires this season across many leagues and there will be 'club umpires' used. Any thoughts on how this will work, seems to be a lot of pressure on the volunteers..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of the previous weekend's situation, I have no knowledge of the match in question & don't wish to comment on it. What I would like to know is 'do the same rules/laws apply in practice matches, e.g are suspended players able to play, is the tribunal system utilised as per during the regular season?' from what I hear there is to be a shortage of umpires this season across many leagues and there will be 'club umpires' used. Any thoughts on how this will work, seems to be a lot of pressure on the volunteers..

Just had a brief look at the 2010 guidelines and it does state that you cant serve your suspension in off/pre season matches, I'm sure you still cant be selected for those matches until the suspension is served but doesn't appear to be explicitly stated in those suspension guidelines.

Well the season is nearly upon us. After playing a few sides, watching others and hearing plenty of rumours it is no clearer to me who will be the top sides.
Yeronga is my only obvious choice. Muggsy, Fulton, Smith, Duke, oh and NOTTING. Wow lets hope their list drops off after them.
I hear Caloundra are rating themselves very highly. Who are their big recruits?
Cant wait for round 1. It has been a long pre season!!

Fixed.

Well the season is nearly upon us. After playing a few sides, watching others and hearing plenty of rumours it is no clearer to me who will be the top sides.
Yeronga is my only obvious choice. Muggsy, Fulton, Smith, Duke, oh and NOTTING. Wow lets hope their list drops off after them.
I hear Caloundra are rating themselves very highly. Who are their big recruits?
Cant wait for round 1. It has been a long pre season!!

In my opinion Caloundra wont make the finals I think nambour will and ny top 5ill have a go at
1yeronga
2 kedron
3 nambour
4 robina
5 kenmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back