2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smy has very little first hand info on anything regarding local footy, but always has a very strong opinion on all things footy related.

Bigfooty is a better place for having him on board :D on the topic of cheating, we over on the div 3 board are not happy to learn he has been seeing other forums.

Ps. Hello Chunk

If nothing else Morro you are a bit more observant than others. Can't remember commenting on any specific players / teams outside of Div 1 and Nambour TBH and the odd goings on up this neck of the woods. Gee you copped a pasting on that Div 3 site too. Whats that book again "how to win friends and influence people"... :)

If nothing else Morro you are a bit more observant than others. Can't remember commenting on any specific players / teams outside of Div 1 and Nambour TBH and the odd goings on up this neck of the woods. Gee you copped a pasting on that Div 3 site too. Whats that book again "how to win friends and influence people"... :)

Haha yeah, they make me feel smart and special.

Gotta love a good keyboard warrior.

Bit sad when it degenerates to that but so be it..

Whilst I'm sure they all think they are tough and giving high fives all round, I find it very entertaining.

Who in their right mind would let unknown muppets hiding behind their computer get them upset.

But I agree with your point.

Ealry Predictions

Flag - King Me's boys the Kings
R/U - UQ
Goal Kicker - Muzza from Robina or Brown from Yeronga (he's the only one capable of kicking goals for them)
Medalist - Gibson - Coorparoo or Darryl White if he plays enough games and doesn't get suspended for Kedron. He must have had 1000 touches at Aspley last week end and will be a very handy player in the comp if not the best player going around in the comp

As in Darryl white?? from the lions/Mt gravatt? surly not[/quote]

Yep, that Darryl White. He has strong ties with the club president. Unfortunately for the club, it was a once off.

Sorry Chunk I am certainly not saying the Brissie based umpires are perfect ….. couldn’t be further from the truth …(we run into some of these blokes every 2nd week and may I say they are incompetent at times but it is what it is)… haven’t met a decent umpire in this league yet but what I have seen in recent years is that the Gold Coast Clubs seem to get a good run from the umpires when playing at home. I’m not saying it’s a Robina thing either I have seen numerous PHC AKA div 1 games over the past few years and it happens there too. Whether they are GC based (which I assume most are) or make the trip down from Brisbane the Salt in the air must get to them as there always seems to be more lenient to the coast sides. I do agree league appointed goal umpires should be bought in but the peanut gallery at AFLQ couldn’t organise a %&*$ in a brothel so that won't happen unless all the clubs get together and demand better service from the league ........ as i said it won't happen as we will never get better service from AFLQ. I take on board everyone's comments and this will be my last post about this topic

Yeah for all the fees clubs pay it seems as if AFLQ and the AFL in general arent going out of their way to really improve grassroots footy i mean you only have to look at the amount of teams that struggle to stay a float every year all over the country. They do a lot for AUskick and under 21's footy which is terrific but unless you have a big clubroom and pokies its hard yakka! It would be great to see them put money into the umpires and simply improve the standards goal umpires would be a great start! But you are right i dont think much will change in the near future.

Yeah for all the fees clubs pay it seems as if AFLQ and the AFL in general arent going out of their way to really improve grassroots footy i mean you only have to look at the amount of teams that struggle to stay a float every year all over the country. They do a lot for AUskick and under 21's footy which is terrific but unless you have a big clubroom and pokies its hard yakka! It would be great to see them put money into the umpires and simply improve the standards goal umpires would be a great start! But you are right i dont think much will change in the near future.
Agree with ya chunk .... would be good to see an improvement in the umps and by the look of the posts on the 3rd div board there were some strange decisions in the Coomera v redcliffe game which came down to 1 point. And yes mate without pokies it's hard yakka

What was happening at Uni on Saturday ….. It was yellow Cards galore from what I could see but i can't work out why.... and what happened to the Robina boys can't believe the score ..... are they relying on Murray too much?

Yeah, fairly disappointing to see so many cards where there. I think Aspley in the last quarter of the seniors were very lucky not to get carded during the scuffle, but that happens.

Scariest moment was when a Aspley player looked like he severely injured himself right on full time. Was good to see my physios and medical staff rush out to assist. And even more touching was our big fella stood by him and helped him off the field after the game. Good to see scenes like that :)

Yeah, fairly disappointing to see so many cards where there. I think Aspley in the last quarter of the seniors were very lucky not to get carded during the scuffle, but that happens.

Scariest moment was when a Aspley player looked like he severely injured himself right on full time. Was good to see my physios and medical staff rush out to assist. And even more touching was our big fella stood by him and helped him off the field after the game. Good to see scenes like that :)

RUL there was ALOT of cheap behind the play stuff from red lions but that's football.

In terms of the injury dislocated ankle and slight fracture but thanks to your physios for helping the big rig and the Aspley player are ex team mates. But you could of blown siren a little earlier and it wouldn't of happened so yeah your fault :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RUL there was ALOT of cheap behind the play stuff from red lions but that's football.

In terms of the injury dislocated ankle and slight fracture but thanks to your physios for helping the big rig and the Aspley player are ex team mates. But you could of blown siren a little earlier and it wouldn't of happened so yeah your fault :p

I'll take your word about the rough stuff behind play as I was up at the clubhouse most of the day.

It was the least we could do. No club wants to serious injuries to anyone, opposition or otherwise. I'm just glad we didn't have to call the ambos for you guys. From what I understand, there were quite a few ambo out at UQ at the other sports that day

i agree, i have coached at PHC & the old State Ass (now div 2), the gold coast umpires, i guess i would call them cheats.

Rd 8 Matches

Kedron VS Kings

Yeronga VS Alex Hills

Red Lions VS Wynnum

Robina VS Aspley

Predictions for the round?

I think the Kings are looking very ominous once again and will be too much for Kedron.

I'm going with Yeronga over the Bombers.

I think UQ can anticipate a tough battle with the Vikings but will side with the home team.

I think Aspley will also get over the Roos.

What has happened to Alex Hills? Have they gone off the boil again or are the Vikings on the improve?

I was at the game the_ badger and i would say a bit of both, the first quarter was very close, but after that Wynnum ran away with the game, I think the Vikings where underestimated by some here on the forum, 1 or 2 tipped Wynnum to come last.

I don't really know what happened to Alex Hills maybe they had a few players out,its a possibility.

Good to see W.Broome running around again.

Rd 8 Matches

Kedron VS Kings

Yeronga VS Alex Hills

Red Lions VS Wynnum

Robina VS Aspley

Predictions for the round?

I think the Kings are looking very ominous once again and will be too much for Kedron.

I'm going with Yeronga over the Bombers.

I think UQ can anticipate a tough battle with the Vikings but will side with the home team.

I think Aspley will also get over the Roos.

Kings easily - tough game for us - Kings my prediction for the flag
Yeronga to beat Alex
UQ to beat Wynnum in a very physical game
Robina to beat aspley at home.

Chunk#5 - do u play reserves for Robina?

Robina with Murray leading the goal kicking in the seniors 2 players 1st and 2nd in the reserves goal kicking.

seems if you keep there targets quiet in both grades they struggle - fair assessment or reading to much into it?

Robina with Murray leading the goal kicking in the seniors 2 players 1st and 2nd in the reserves goal kicking.

seems if you keep there targets quiet in both grades they struggle - fair assessment or reading to much into it?

sounds alright in theory i guess... will let u know when i head down to watch the roos bombers game on saturday...

Any other news on games from the weekend.
good to see the bombers upset devils.

Massive massive game on the weekend in both ressies and seniors, Kings VS Red Lions. Pumped for it!
RUL: just wondering if you can fill me in on what happened in the reserves game on saturday .... look i am not backwards in coming forwards about some of the umpiring i see but WOW there was a guy there on Saturday spectating who was giving the umps a massive serve which even i think was totally out of line. i even think i saw the ump go and talk to him ... i would love to know what was said in their exchange

RUL: just wondering if you can fill me in on what happened in the reserves game on saturday .... look i am not backwards in coming forwards about some of the umpiring i see but WOW there was a guy there on Saturday spectating who was giving the umps a massive serve which even i think was totally out of line. i even think i saw the ump go and talk to him ... i would love to know what was said in their exchange

Umpires stopped the game just before half time and requested that we remove them from campus, which we did. UQ Security ejected them just before start of the third.

Not sure of the wording as I was fairly busy down at the clubhouse, but from what my boys were telling me and discussing with the umpires after the game, it was fairly bad. Security also told me that they were quite under the influence and fairly abusive aswell.

They should be consider themselves lucky as we did ask security to have them removed again after they returned with their own alcohol. They are lucky because UQ security actually didn't show up.

Overall, I'd say it was one of the more extrodinary days I've had to deal with in local footy.

I see the Country Stockmen squad has been announced ... I don't think I see anyone from Div 2 or below which I think is a bit disappointing ... surely there is at one player in this competition who would be good enough to play in this rep side??
GOLD COAST
Angus MUNRO
Beau RUNNALLS
Jesse DERRICK
Michael L’ANSON
Ryan HARDS
Jake SMART
Mick ATKINSON
Tim MCKAY
Jake RYAN
Jesse HABERFIELD

SUNSHINE COAST